Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #1
Tino

Currently Looking...
Blainville , Quebec
Promaster motorhome

Any clue what will be the pro aster motorhome that Airstream will show the 15 September? I hope it will be stylish and nice like Hymer in Europe…..
Tino643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Airstream just released a teaser video on Promaster based Airstream Rangeline:

https://youtu.be/oI3wdacPJ8M

. . . and a full 40 minute walk-thru by Justin Humphreys.

https://youtu.be/Jf_c_w7eD8U
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Wonder what the price point is. The little Winnebago b vans are very appealing.
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 04:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Starting at $131,882

It’s up on the Airstream site with a “Starting at $131,882” price. Not bad considering an Interstate is almost another $70K.

https://www.airstream.com/configurator/tc/color/
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 04:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc306 View Post
It’s up on the Airstream site with a “Starting at $131,882” price. Not bad considering an Interstate is almost another $70K.

I’m getting “Page not Found”?
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 04:15 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Got it. Watched the vid on YouTube. What an awesome little rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc306 View Post

civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 05:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jenkins View Post
I’m getting “Page not Found”?
Try this
https://www.airstream.com/touring-coaches/rangeline/
Old 09-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
The new Rangeline can be seen in person at the Hershey RV show this week.

https://rvbusiness.com/airstream-lau...eline-class-b/
Old 09-13-2022, 06:40 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2022 20' Basecamp
1968 17' Caravel
Los Osos , California
I wonder if Airstream will offer lift kits as an option. ProMasters typically have less ground clearance than most vans. I saw a ProMaster based Pleasure-Way with an Onan Generator in a campground recently. The Onan was about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. The Rangeline has a lot of potential as as adventure van but really needs more clearance.
SilverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:42 PM   #10
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWind View Post
I wonder if Airstream will offer lift kits as an option. ProMasters typically have less ground clearance than most vans. I saw a ProMaster based Pleasure-Way with an Onan Generator in a campground recently. The Onan was about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. The Rangeline has a lot of potential as as adventure van but really needs more clearance.
Wouldn’t the front wheel drive, with no AWD option, limit its potential as an adventure van?
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #11
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Lots of impressive features. Shows what they can do with a fresh approach.

Like the lack of ventilation grills and connections in the side body panels.

Manual awnings look good.

Lots of thought put into the floor plan.

System monitors appear much more integrated.

No propane.

Not sure about the gasoline heater.

It will be interesting to see if some of these features migrate to the trailers.
Old 09-13-2022, 07:06 PM   #12
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I came here prepared to make fun of it. However, I'm impressed by how many things they got right in the space available. Also, thanks to the Promaster 2022 update, the dash now looks relatively modern. Van's still ugly from the front, but it's a much nicer package overall than I expected. I love that the awning is manual (though I'd prefer a "no awning" option) and how they've eliminated almost all electro-mechanical features (e.g. button operated things that cause electric motors to do something I'd prefer to do manually.) 3/5 of the kitchen drawers are weird, the outer door that covers the service access point will inevitably break off due to the length of the panel against that hinge, the battery and inverter aren't as big as I'd like, and I'd prefer an option to eliminate the generator, add more battery power, and add a second alternator. Still, this is a far better offering than I had expected. Based on the video and the brochure, I'd give this a solid B+ and rate it far superior to the equivalent Travato.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:25 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
We were also very impressed with Justin's video and what we were able to see of the features. Were not in the market but it would certainly be a consideration if we were. The pop up option would be interesting. We may head to the dealer for a look when they get one just because. We would need a lift kit or take the side rails off and use a step. It will be fun to see how the Van crowd and Airstreamers outfit fit theirs with add ons and features.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:07 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
I think that Airstream did a nice job on that interior provided with the space they have and very functional IMHO.

My likes:

-Prewired for aftermarket antennas
-Regular toilet and not a cassette one.
-Inside fresh water tank but not sure about the grey as I might’ve missed that in the video but I hope that they put that one inside too.
-Induction cooktop granted not built in for space reasons.
-Manual awning - you don’t have to mess around with electrical parts and you can actually anchor it in.
-Incognito utility compartment eliminating cutouts and vents everywhere.
-Love the shoe cubby - I might have to come up with a mod like this for our van.
-Pet friendly options.

Dislikes:

-ProMaster van is just ugly!
-No propane tank.
-No duallys.
-No macerator
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Just read the brochure and they have listed heated black and grey tanks which suggests to me that they may be on the exterior.
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StogieMan View Post

Dislikes (commentary mine):

-ProMaster van is just ugly! (agreed)
-No propane tank. (we can carry BBQ bottles, though)
-No duallys. (emphasis mine; see first paragraph below)
-No macerator. (this is a good thing in my mind!!)
I’m trying to figure out how it claims a GVWR of 9,350 lbs, GCWR of 12,000 lbs, and an OCCC of 1,689 lbs with only four paws. Just for openers, what the hell kind of tires do they have on there?? Did they follow my Eurometric lead?? The spec sheet does not say.

Generally I agree, though - there’s a lot of thought put into this van. Some of those thoughts are MY thoughts. For example, they have my Vitrifrigo refrigerator in there - and it appears to be the very same model, thank God. It’s about friggin’ time.

I agree that, overall, there is not a lot to complain about, but if I were ever going to have one myself, I would need to work on these points:

(1) I would need to confirm that the second row of seats could be removed and that area converted into storage.

(2) Sorry - that bed looks like crap. That has bad hygiene written all over it. Might there be any way to Ultraleather the cushions? I realize it must fold, and needs flexibility at the seams, but Ultraleather is one of the best features of the Interstate and I would hate to give it up. Ultraleather breathes and thus eliminates the need to “make up” a bed in a conventional sense, and we just use a Rumpl or two and lie directly on the Ultraleather rather than messing with sheets and blankets. Can’t do that with a fabric mattress, hence my hygiene comment.

Plus, the whole “flop to one side” character of the mattress is inelegant. There’s room for improvement in that execution.

(3) Relatedly, yes, the storage is decent, but I don’t see where bedding would be stored efficiently. The sales dude skipped over some features, so maybe I would see where we’d keep our Tempurpedic pillows (massive in size and weight, but worth it) and Rumpls if I did my own walk through.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:27 PM   #17
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I’m trying to figure out how it claims a GVWR of 9,350 lbs, GCWR of 12,000 lbs, and an OCCC of 1,689 lbs with only four paws. Just for openers, what the hell kind of tires do they have on there?? Did they follow my Eurometric lead?? The spec sheet does not say.
We don't know what Airstream spec'd, but the RAM site lists two tires available for that GVWR for a 3500 Promaster window van, with no price difference for either option. Both tire options are 225 75 R16. One is an LT, one is a C. Both are available in load ranges to support that GVWR, up to 3200 lbs per tire depending on which tire is chosen.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Yeah, that’s right - it comes in 121. After having a blow-out last year, tires make me very nervous. Rightly or wrongly, I have it stuck in my brain that they don’t really support what they claim to support, weight-wise.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #19
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Given that Airstream is promoting that this is a Euro inspired Class B, and that it is built on a North American version of a Euro van, it would make a lot of sense to spec the Euro Commercial class tire, especially if there is no price adder from RAM. It may depend on availability as much as anything, though.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:46 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Greenville , South Carolina
Promaster Vans come with the Nexen LT 225/75R16. RAM is upgrading the front exterior for 2023 and some updates to Adaptive Cruise, etc., as well as transitioning to an All-Season tire. Love the “spray insulation” as well.

Amazon primarily now uses the RAM Promaster Van for their go to delivery vehicle. Great choice and with 3,500+ dealerships in the US, never an issue getting service.

I love the Timberline all gasoline option (no-propane), just hoping they bring an all Lithium model next year, in addition to a second floorplan like permanent twin beds. This floorplan doesn’t work for us during the night, jumping over one another to visit the little boys/girls room. Option the awning as well …
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote