Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Louisville , Home is where you park it
Project Alert! 09 Interstate Fire sale! Adventure VAN DIY

So I am super pumped on this purchase. I picked up a 2009 Airstream Interstate that only has 23,500 miles on it. The unit had an electrical fire in the back right rear corner. Apparently, there was a recall or TSB on something with the house battery cover. The short story is the seat belt for the rear bench in the back fell on top of the house battery and arced causing a fire. The previous owners got the fire out fairly quickly so that is a plus. Additionally, they had a fire restoration company clean all the fabrics, seats, etc.. so there is zero smoke smell in the unit.

Anyhow everything that burned in the back I would have taken out because I am going to build a platform bed at chest height and the bottom will be partitioned off for mountain bikes, road bikes, snowboards, toys, etc... Everything from the bathroom and galley forward I will keep the factory floorplan with one adjustment. I am relocating the jackknife sofa that was behind the galley and moving it in front of the galley instead of using the 4th bucket seat there.

The electric panel was cut out of the van so I have run all new 110v wiring and relocated the panel behind the bathroom compartment which is next to all the 12v wiring. I have tested most things like the lights, roof vent van other items independently and everything works so far.

Some questions and items I need right now are:

The drivers side, rear, T-Vent window. The bottom left glass is broken out. I can't find an individual pane or crank hardware anywhere. Also some of the internal framing is bent, so looking for a place to order random parts as opposed to an entire window assembly.

In the right rear, did the fire restoration company cut that hole in the floor, or was there a metal drop in piece, that two house batteries were sitting in flush with the floor?

Thanks in adVANce!

Here are some pictures starting at the first time I saw it up to today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	341433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	341434  

Name:	Sprinter 3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	341435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 4.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	341436  

Name:	Sprinter 5.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	341437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 6.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	341438  

Name:	Sprinter 7.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	341439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 8.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	341440  

Name:	Sprinter 9.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	341441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter 10.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	341442  

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Congratulation on purchasing the vehicle that probably launched a recall campaign!

To answer your question, you will not be able to replace just that assembly unless you find a surplus window somewhere, which is likely not going to be the case. The entire window can be bought here.

The hole was where the original battery box poked through the floor. A very bad design. Get a machine shop to cut you a steel plate and bolt it back in place to close it off.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So I am super pumped on this purchase. I picked up a 2009 Airstream Interstate that only has 23,500 miles on it. The unit had an electrical fire in the back right rear corner. Apparently, there was a recall or TSB on something with the house battery cover. The short story is the seat belt for the rear bench in the back fell on top of the house battery and arced causing a fire. The previous owners got the fire out fairly quickly so that is a plus. Additionally, they had a fire restoration company clean all the fabrics, seats, etc.. so there is zero smoke smell in the unit.

Anyhow everything that burned in the back I would have taken out because I am going to build a platform bed at chest height and the bottom will be partitioned off for mountain bikes, road bikes, snowboards, toys, etc... Everything from the bathroom and galley forward I will keep the factory floorplan with one adjustment. I am relocating the jackknife sofa that was behind the galley and moving it in front of the galley instead of using the 4th bucket seat there.

The electric panel was cut out of the van so I have run all new 110v wiring and relocated the panel behind the bathroom compartment which is next to all the 12v wiring. I have tested most things like the lights, roof vent van other items independently and everything works so far.

Some questions and items I need right now are:

The drivers side, rear, T-Vent window. The bottom left glass is broken out. I can't find an individual pane or crank hardware anywhere. Also some of the internal framing is bent, so looking for a place to order random parts as opposed to an entire window assembly.

In the right rear, did the fire restoration company cut that hole in the floor, or was there a metal drop in piece, that two house batteries were sitting in flush with the floor?

Thanks in adVANce!

Here are some pictures starting at the first time I saw it up to today.
Welcome to AIRFORUMS!!

Wow - that looks like a great project. I assume you got it for a good price.

There were three recalls on the 2009 Airstream Interstate. Here is list from NHTSA web site...

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2009/A...RSTATE#recalls

Your will notice that NHTSA Campaign Number: 12V596000, Sofa Components may Contact Electrical Components is the one that caused the fire in your van. It wasn't the battery, but the inverter and other wires under the rear lounge seat. Your van may even have been one that led to the recall as gmillerok1 mentioned.

I'm attaching a copy of the three recalls that apply to 2009 Interstates for your convenience. The oldest one; NHTSA Campaign Number 08V334000, only applies to 14 vehicles so it might not apply to your van.

Regarding the broken drivers side, rear, T-Vent window: You can get parts from Airstream, but they will be expensive and might be challenging depending on how many part you need. If you need more than the T-vent glass it might be easier to just get a new window as gmillerok1 said.

If it is a CR Laurence window parts and complete windows are available from distributors at less than half of what Airstream will charge you. I had one of my rear T-vent windows shatter last year. I communicated with CR Laurence directly to get the part number, but they don't sell to retail customers. I ended up getting the replacement glass window from DK Hardware Supply in Florida. They can be reached at 877-509-8040. I worked with Gisel Depestre who was very helpful. They also carry full windows and might even have one in stock.

For a pricing example the glass with shipping was $88.99 plus shipping for total of $118.77. Airstream dealer wanted $173.09 plus shipping. They have to be special ordered through Airstream from CR Laurence.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new van.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NHTSA12V596000.pdf (28.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf NHTSA11V349000.pdf (29.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf NHTSA08V334000.pdf (28.7 KB, 27 views)
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Enjoy your re-build and get it just like you like it.

After all, notorious forum members like Wachuko, Interblog, Pahaska, and Alex AVI have ripped apart and modifed their perfectly good Interstates. So why can't you.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
Congratulation on purchasing the vehicle that probably launched a recall campaign!

To answer your question, you will not be able to replace just that assembly unless you find a surplus window somewhere, which is likely not going to be the case. The entire window can be bought here.

The hole was where the original battery box poked through the floor. A very bad design. Get a machine shop to cut you a steel plate and bolt it back in place to close it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Welcome to AIRFORUMS!!

There were three recalls on the 2009 Airstream Interstate. Here is list from NHTSA web site...

Your will notice that NHTSA Campaign Number: 12V596000, Sofa Components may Contact Electrical Components is the one that caused the fire in your van. It wasn't the battery, but the inverter and other wires under the rear lounge seat. Your van may even have been one that led to the recall as gmillerok1 mentioned.

I'm attaching a copy of the three recalls that apply to 2009 Interstates for your convenience. The oldest one; NHTSA Campaign Number 08V334000, only applies to 14 vehicles so it might not apply to your van.

Regarding the broken drivers side, rear, T-Vent window: You can get parts from Airstream, but they will be expensive and might be challenging depending on how many part you need. If you need more than the T-vent glass it might be easier to just get a new window as gmillerok1 said.

If it is a CR Laurence window parts and complete windows are available from distributors at less than half of what Airstream will charge you. I had one of my rear T-vent windows shatter last year. I communicated with CR Laurence directly to get the part number, but they don't sell to retail customers. I ended up getting the replacement glass window from DK Hardware Supply in Florida. They can be reached at 877-509-8040. I worked with Gisel Depestre who was very helpful. They also carry full windows and might even have one in stock.

For a pricing example the glass with shipping was $88.99 plus shipping for total of $118.77. Airstream dealer wanted $173.09 plus shipping. They have to be special ordered through Airstream from CR Laurence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Enjoy your re-build and get it just like you like it.

After all, notorious forum members like Wachuko, Interblog, Pahaska, and Alex AVI have ripped apart and modifed their perfectly good Interstates. So why can't you.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
Thanks guys! The previous owner stated they never got a recall notice and it caught fire in the summer of 2017. Anyhow, yes the window is an Atwood and from my research, i reached out to CR Laurence but no reply yet. I will try your guys in Florida once i get the part number.

Thanks for the recall links. I do have the air bag one outstanding, so looks like we are headed to Mercedes for a visit...

As far as the hole where the battery tray was, I was going to do that repair originally, but after looking at it, I was going to add two Aux batteries under the hood and then weld up a deeper tray in that right rear corner that would hold two batteries below floor height. Any reason/advice why I would not want to do that?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Thanks guys! The previous owner stated they never got a recall notice and it caught fire in the summer of 2017. Anyhow, yes the window is an Atwood and from my research, i reached out to CR Laurence but no reply yet. I will try your guys in Florida once i get the part number.

Thanks for the recall links. I do have the air bag one outstanding, so looks like we are headed to Mercedes for a visit...

As far as the hole where the battery tray was, I was going to do that repair originally, but after looking at it, I was going to add two Aux batteries under the hood and then weld up a deeper tray in that right rear corner that would hold two batteries below floor height. Any reason/advice why I would not want to do that?
Was previous owner the original owner? If not then unless they notified Airstream about their ownership they would not get recalls.

If you have Atwood windows then getting parts is probably not possible. You will need a new window. Atwood sold out their Sprinter windows to CR Laurence in 2009.

Here is link to DK Hardware page on Sprinter windows.

https://www.dkhardware.com/van-windows_ZC5M0P1.html

I'm attaching the CR Laurence info sheet on Sprinter windows that has all the part numbers of window assemblies. The Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Window is Part Number FW623L.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CRL Windows for Sprinter.pdf (606.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-25-2019, 05:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Welcome to the forum, Brandon! I'm one of the aforesaid notorious forum members, although my less-frequently-posting, mechanical engineer husband LB_3 is largely the brains of our operation, at least in terms of high tech. I'm more like chief cook and bottle-washer, the person who develops strategic goals that he then has to execute.

Actually that's not entirely true. I execute a lot of "van live-ability" projects without his assistance. But my husband is responsible for the core systems such as our solar-lithium retrofit.

Anyway, please continue to post your progress. We have not had a restoration project similar to yours on this forum to date.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Congratulations! Your project is off to a good start. I look forward to seeing your modifications. I like the idea of a permanent bed. Setting up a jack knife sofa gets old quickly.
Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post

Quote:
Welcome to AIRFORUMS!!

Quote:
Was previous owner the original owner? If not then unless they notified Airstream about their ownership they would not get recalls.

If you have Atwood windows then getting parts is probably not possible. You will need a new window. Atwood sold out their Sprinter windows to CR Laurence in 2009.

Here is link to DK Hardware page on Sprinter windows.

https://www.dkhardware.com/van-windows_ZC5M0P1.html

I'm attaching the CR Laurence info sheet on Sprinter windows that has all the part numbers of window assemblies. The Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Window is Part Number FW623L.
Thanks for the information. I was told by CR Laurence you can order just the replacement parts. However you have to get the right rep on the line because it's in their internal replacement parts catalog... I was able to get all the numbers and having a dealer get me a price quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Welcome to the forum, Brandon! I'm one of the aforesaid notorious forum members, although my less-frequently-posting, mechanical engineer husband LB_3 is largely the brains of our operation, at least in terms of high tech. I'm more like chief cook and bottle-washer, the person who develops strategic goals that he then has to execute.

Actually that's not entirely true. I execute a lot of "van live-ability" projects without his assistance. But my husband is responsible for the core systems such as our solar-lithium retrofit.

Anyway, please continue to post your progress. We have not had a restoration project similar to yours on this forum to date.
Thanks! It is coming along nicely. Will update in a week or so with the current progress and will maybe get your husbands advice on solar options, and yours on other van live-ability projects lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
Congratulations! Your project is off to a good start. I look forward to seeing your modifications. I like the idea of a permanent bed. Setting up a jack knife sofa gets old quickly.
Lisa
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Quick update of the conversion!

Got the electrical panels relocated from under the burnt bench over behind the shower/bath.
Ran all new 110 Romex.
Made a new compartment for electrical panels, transfer switch, Inverter, batt separator and 4 house batteries all in the passenger side rear.
Moved that jacknife in front of the kitchen galley.
Made a new floor to seal off where OEM Battery Box went.
Took out 3 windows that had some leaks, cleaned the gaskets and used RTV silicone just for extra insurance.

Pictures post 1 of 2.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	343625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	343626  

Name:	D6B7F850-49BB-4718-827A-E9AFD883CBDF.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	343627   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	343628  

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	343629   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.jpg
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	343630  

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	343631   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	343632  

Name:	IMG_0154.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	343633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	343634  

Old 06-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Pictures 2 of 2

Forget to mention drove it from Kentucky to Southern California and spent 3 days buffing the entire vehicle, polishing the wheels, and mounted up some BFG All Terrains for future AdVanturing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0165.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	343635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	343636  

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	343637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0078.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	343638  

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	343639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	343640  

Old 06-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Nice progress! Looking forward to seeing the platform bed setup.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #13
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Can you share full specs on the tires?
Are those able to deal with the weight of the AI??
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
BRANDON - Good work, the type that some people who can't do it themselves may want to pay for to have done

What was the reason to move the rear jackknife in lieu of the original swivel captain's chair? The captain's chair affords more flexibility and better seatbelted position and it can swivel to face sideways. Now, unless you know you will never have 4 people and you have the other captain's also removed and replaced with other jackknife which then can flatten out to be a narrow front bed for the occasional extra sleeper. I sometimes do that in the rear when I am solo and too much trouble to power down the rear couch. I fit sideways using both jacknifes as my bed.

I am a stickler for tire profiles and tire stance. Those BFG's look awesome in the pics. Yes, as WACHUKO asked, pls. share the size you used so we can pull up if it is a proper option for when we are ready for tire replacement. How was the drive to So.Cal. on them? Aggressive lugs - how was the noise & comfort level compared to OEM? MPG? I did have BFG All Terrain T/A's many years ago on a Ford Econoline conversion but that technology & composition & pattern profile was way different than these new ones. The ones you have look fantastic on it if I was only judging by looks alone.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #15
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
I was so focused on the cool looks of those tires that I forgot to recognize the progress you have made. The build is coming along great. Thank you for keeping us updated with photos as well.

Were you able to order the missing left window pieces?
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Can you share full specs on the tires?
Are those able to deal with the weight of the AI??
Max load per tire 3042lbs. So yes :-)
https://www.4wheelparts.com//p/bf-go..._/R-BDKZ-75445

Quote:
Nice progress! Looking forward to seeing the platform bed setup.
Thanks, it works out well. will post updates below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
BRANDON - Good work, the type that some people who can't do it themselves may want to pay for to have done

What was the reason to move the rear jackknife in lieu of the original swivel captain's chair? The captain's chair affords more flexibility and better seatbelted position and it can swivel to face sideways. Now, unless you know you will never have 4 people and you have the other captain's also removed and replaced with other jackknife which then can flatten out to be a narrow front bed for the occasional extra sleeper. I sometimes do that in the rear when I am solo and too much trouble to power down the rear couch. I fit sideways using both jacknifes as my bed.

I am a stickler for tire profiles and tire stance. Those BFG's look awesome in the pics. Yes, as WACHUKO asked, pls. share the size you used so we can pull up if it is a proper option for when we are ready for tire replacement. How was the drive to So.Cal. on them? Aggressive lugs - how was the noise & comfort level compared to OEM? MPG? I did have BFG All-Terrain T/A's many years ago on a Ford Econoline conversion but that technology & composition & pattern profile was way different than these new ones. The ones you have look fantastic on it if I was only judging by looks alone.
I still have the 4th captain's chair. I don't see myself having 4 people in the van and I personally like hanging out on the couch better than a captain's chair. Additionally, I can change it back if I want too but so far I like it.

I can't tell any difference in the driving with the BFG tires and the MPG is basically the same. I am averaging 14.5-15mpg. The 18-20mpg can't be real haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I was so focused on the cool looks of those tires that I forgot to recognize the progress you have made. The build is coming along great. Thank you for keeping us updated with photos as well.

Were you able to order the missing left window pieces?
Thanks, and yes the window was a huge pain in the ass. CR Laurence bought out Atwood and took over their window line. However, after waiting two months for CR Laurence to make my parts, I went to their LA warehouse to pick it up and they were not the right size. The CR Laurence windows are about a 1/2" shorter and 1/2" wider so they are not a direct replacement. Furthermore, they were clueless and I showed them in the parking lot. Also, I had them pull a complete window to show them they don't match. They will fit the opening properly but they will not match up with the existing Atwoods. So I found a company in Elkhart Indiana that had a few complete Atwood Generation II windows in their inventory so I purchased one and just used the piece I needed for now.

As far as the build goes it is going well. Still a work in progress. But I removed almost everything in the van except the kitchen galley and the Bathroom. I Dynomated and Rokwool insulated the entire van which was huge. I can't believe how "shitty" the insulation was from the factory. Anyhow wrapped the headliner with black vinyl and wrapped other items with new tweed upholstery, put in new black coin flooring throughout.

The bed/frame system turned out well. I used L-track mounted vertically in four spots in the back with some Box Steel mounted to them horizontally as side mounts. Made three panels, braced them up with some angle iron and purchased a King Size memory foam mattress that I turned into three pads. Had some custom covers made and it's very comfortable.

I also bought a new 1500watt inverter vs the factory 750. Added 4 AGM Batteries which is nice. New Dometic Penguin II rooftop AC. Upgraded the vent to the MaxxFan Deluxe. Painted all interior trims black.

Took the existing tabletop that was originally for the center mount post and bought the Lagun Table hardware and mounted it to the couch. That way I can use it as a desk for the drivers' chair when spun, rotate it to the middle for entertaining or spin it to the couch for desk or to eat... Just tons of options! And I hated the plate being in the middle of the floor.

I also picked up a used cargo slide tray that I custom fit to the back too.

Purchased some window covers from Strawfoot. They provide insulation and privacy. Super nice to have all the lights on, and covers installed and from the outside you can't see any light.

Anyhow, here are some pictures so far. Still so much to do as far as esthetics goes, wrapping the bed panels and finishing out the rear....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Van 1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	356119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Van 2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	356120  

Name:	Rear.jpg
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	356121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed.jpg
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	356122  

Name:	Bed Bracket.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	356123  
Old 11-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2009 22' Interstate
Testing... Made a lengthy reply earlier today with updates and pictures and when I hit post it said it was submitted for review?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Testing... Made a lengthy reply earlier today with updates and pictures and when I hit post it said it was submitted for review?

Maybe too many pictures in a few posts? Whatever, I hope your post surfaces. I'm looking forward to the update.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Project Alert! 09 Interstate Fire sale! Adventure VAN DIY

Great Project!

Boxster, that was great of you to research the NTSB info and provide Brandon.

Tires - at first I thought they are the BFG KO2’s I’ve been considering. I’m echoing the request for a close of photo image of the tires to read the specs (including tire size).
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Indianola , Iowa
Quote:

Purchased some window covers from Strawfoot. They provide insulation and privacy. Super nice to have all the lights on, and covers installed and from the outside you can't see any light.
Brandon, this is awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the update. As I mentioned in my PM, I would really like to create a raised fixed bed with a garage underneath, similar to what you've done. I've looked into the Strawfoot window covers, as I absolutely hate the shades - ours are constantly covered with reflectix anyway. How do they attach to the window frames? My CR Laurence window frames are not magnetic so I've tried affixing magnets with 3M double stick tape and it just peels off as the temps inside the van skyrocket in the summer sun.
nateallen80 is offline   Reply With Quote