Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
DLN
Capt Dave

Airstream - Other
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
Production Delays?

Anyone taken delivery of a new Atlas recently? If so, how close to your original “projected” date was it?? My date is rapidly approaching- the wait is killing me...
DLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLN View Post
Anyone taken delivery of a new Atlas recently? If so, how close to your original “projected” date was it?? My date is rapidly approaching- the wait is killing me...
We were quoted Early January when we ordered in September. That has now been pushed to February 26 to come off line. With shipping and dealer prep we are hoping to see it mid March.
mitch55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Just read the latest WBCCI Airstream Club newsletter the "Rivet" and an article by Mr. Humphries, VP of Sales at Airstream. He talks alot about the production delays and efforts to get caught up. RV sales have been very high for Airstream and most everybody else, not expected in this pandemic. All the RV brands are ordering materials and parts and have overwhelmed the supply base. They are working hard to get parts and do see some improvement. Airstream dealers and customers aren't happy.

I have experienced delays getting a water heater, axles, waste tanks, and a cooktop for my vintage Airstream project.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #4

2021 Interstate 19
Utica , Michigan
2021 Production delays

I can't speak to the Atlas production delays but I received an email from my Airstream dealer telling me their was going to be a delay due to a small part shortage. Their guess is one month. Moving delivery from May to June on a 2021 Airstream Interstate 19. There is probably some shared parts like the display or controls and their chips. This was a delay communicated by Mercedes to the dealer.
AirHiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #5
DLN
Capt Dave

Airstream - Other
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
Mitch - any update??? We are still waiting, with no info...
DLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

St George , Utah
We were originally promised delivery last November. That was then changed to March 12. I called a week or two ago to check and got a revised date of March 22. Haven't checked lately...
AtlasKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
New Milford , Pennsylvania
We are in mid Florida. Looking for something to do, we went to the Coach House factory. Beautiful well made class B units. Anyway, my point is that if you ordered one today, your delivery would be June 2022. Yep 2022. Sales guy said Pleasure Way RV in Canada was 2 years. Crazy times. Haven't seen any new campgrounds being built, have you??
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLN View Post
Mitch - any update??? We are still waiting, with no info...
Last Saturday the sales person said it slipped a week or two because 2 or 3 people got Covid and essentuale shut the line down.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasKen View Post
We were originally promised delivery last November. That was then changed to March 12. I called a week or two ago to check and got a revised date of March 22. Haven't checked lately...
When did you order?
Old 02-26-2021, 06:42 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

St George , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch55 View Post
When did you order?
So long ago I can't remember, but I think it was in September or around there.
AtlasKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Just got an email from the dealer today. Said he talked to AS now has the offline date is 2nd or 3rd week in April. Two weeks ago it was mid March. What will it be in two more weeks?

Old 03-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Quote:
Just got an email from the dealer today. Said he talked to AS now has the offline date is 2nd or 3rd week in April. Two weeks ago it was mid March. What will it be in two more weeks?

Mid May??
Old 03-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Cole View Post
Mid May??
Can AS be slipping this bad in there estimates or is my dealer trying to keep me happy by leading me on? Either way I am not a happy camper.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:24 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Pawleys Island , South Carolina
Quote:
Can AS be slipping this bad in there estimates or is my dealer trying to keep me happy by leading me on? Either way I am not a happy camper.
They can be slipping that bad.. I'm in the marine industry and it's the same way over here.
justinshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:29 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:

In my recent experience, the problem is not something Airstream can fix. My new trailer was built on time, but they could not release it to transportation because it was missing a refrigerator.

Fridges, air conditioners, and other appliances are in short supply. This is holding up Airstream production. I (or immediate family members) drive by the factory in Jackson Center quite frequently. Over the last several months, the lot next to the production building is bursting at the seams with new trailers that look (but probably aren't) complete.

Until Dometic and the other RV suppliers get their supply chains under control, production delays will continue.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:35 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
There are supply chain issues in almost all aspects of manufacturing and construction and have been for quite some time. One can have a tantrum about it I suppose but if the parts aren’t there for whatever reason (manufacturing labor, shipping logistics, etc.) they can’t make your trailer.

All of you have flown before and know the airline trick of pushing a departure time in 20m increments until they have a better picture of what’s going on and can tell you that in fact your flight’s departure will be 4 hours later than scheduled. I would assume you are very much in the “20 minute update” loop.

I’m not telling anyone to not be disappointed, but I don’t think getting upset about it helps anyone. This is a global problem right now.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nryn View Post
There are supply chain issues in almost all aspects of manufacturing and construction and have been for quite some time. One can have a tantrum about it I suppose but if the parts aren’t there for whatever reason (manufacturing labor, shipping logistics, etc.) they can’t make your trailer.

All of you have flown before and know the airline trick of pushing a departure time in 20m increments until they have a better picture of what’s going on and can tell you that in fact your flight’s departure will be 4 hours later than scheduled. I would assume you are very much in the “20 minute update” loop.

I’m not telling anyone to not be disappointed, but I don’t think getting upset about it helps anyone. This is a global problem right now.

Good points, nryn.

In my situation, my delivery date was pushed back by about 2 months. Upon inquiry, I was told it was due to the aforementioned missing refrigerator and was given a new completion date.

The good news is that Airstream underpromised and overdelivered; my trailer was delivered earlier than they thought. Overall, it was only delayed by about 6 weeks. Indeed, the vendors don't have tight control on their supply chains at the moment.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
I am the president of a company that supplies the construction industry with raw materials. We rely on shipping containers from the orient for our raw material. The shipping industry is in total kaos. currently there are over 40 container ships waiting to off load in the port of LA. This is the equivalent to 160,000 truck loads waiting offshore. We expect that the situation will continue well into the summer. Also the cost of shipping a container from Asia has tripled in the past 4 months. So expect delays on everything coming from Asia and expect substantial price increases. Even if a product in made in the USA, many or most of the components are made in Asia.

The refrigerators, A/C units and all those little pieces and parts are probably sitting offshore
Old 04-20-2021, 07:52 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Melrose Park , IL
I was at my Airstream dealer a couple of weeks ago inquiring if they have seen any further delays. I was told they were having supply issue with twin bed mattress now. I ordered my 25FBQ Globtrotter in November,the original delivery was to be in August. A couple of months ago that was pushed back to July 15th.
Rich Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:17 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

Our FC27FBT is about three weeks late now with no date promised. Last week Colonial shared a list of about 25 units delayed, not yet shipped, the earliest expected unit was originally promised late March. The list of units delayed ran the gamut, from Interstate to Bambi and everything in between.

I understand the supply chain is largely out of their hands but better communication from corporate would be nice. We have some well-planned, multi-family road trips sitting in limbo.
Mpit1 is offline   Reply With Quote