Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2021, 05:03 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Exclamation

Welcome to the forum Mpit1 . . . thank you for the recent update. This earlier post sure got my attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach05855 View Post
I am the president of a company that supplies the construction industry with raw materials. We rely on shipping containers from the orient for our raw material. The shipping industry is in total kaos. currently there are over 40 container ships waiting to off load in the port of LA. This is the equivalent to 160,000 truck loads waiting offshore. We expect that the situation will continue well into the summer. Also the cost of shipping a container from Asia has tripled in the past 4 months. So expect delays on everything coming from Asia and expect substantial price increases. Even if a product in made in the USA, many or most of the components are made in Asia.

The refrigerators, A/C units and all those little pieces and parts are probably sitting offshore

Wow . . .

Sorry for everyone's troubles . . . no easy fixes I guess.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpit1 View Post
Our FC27FBT is about three weeks late now with no date promised. Last week Colonial shared a list of about 25 units delayed, not yet shipped, the earliest expected unit was originally promised late March. The list of units delayed ran the gamut, from Interstate to Bambi and everything in between.

I understand the supply chain is largely out of their hands but better communication from corporate would be nice. We have some well-planned, multi-family road trips sitting in limbo.
Since Airstreams are selling themselves these days, the sales role has morphed into a full-on customer relations/communication job. Your sales person can call his contact at Corporate and get an update for you. If they are unwilling or unable...well, that is bad customer relations on their part.

My recent trailer production was delayed by a few months. Every so often, I would email my sales guy at Colonial (shout out to Nick Lenzo!) and he would get back to me with the latest story. For example, I learned that my trailer was complete, but awaiting only a refrigerator. At another point, I learned that it was ready to ship and only waiting for the transport company to deliver.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:48 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
As I explained in an earlier post. Supply chains are in total disarray. As an example, I had 24 containers booked on a ship from Shanghai to Vancouver departing April 21 with an arrival date of May 2 in the port of Vancouver. The ship was running 3 days behind schedule, so the shipping line decided to just drop all the containers in the Port of Busan in South Korea and skip the voyage completely(called a blank sailing). They will now load the containers onto another ship at some point around the middle of May and get them to Vancouver at the end of May or beginning of June. So we have no idea when the containers will arrive. Then the dwell time in Vancouver is running around 14 days on average to be loaded onto rail. We have had some containers dwell up to 60 days in port. If they get buried under a tall stack then you can wait months.

All this is to explain why you cannot promise delivery dates because you have no idea when your materials will arrive.

Just a FYI, currently there are 164,000 truckloads of goods sitting off the coast of California waiting to be un loaded.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:26 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Here and There , West Coast
And, let's add in the possibility of some stop sale recalls from MB.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #25

2021 22' Caravel
Aptos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpit1 View Post
Our FC27FBT is about three weeks late now with no date promised. Last week Colonial shared a list of about 25 units delayed, not yet shipped, the earliest expected unit was originally promised late March. The list of units delayed ran the gamut, from Interstate to Bambi and everything in between.

I understand the supply chain is largely out of their hands but better communication from corporate would be nice. We have some well-planned, multi-family road trips sitting in limbo.
I am in the same situation. 2021 Caravel 22FB came out of the Factory 4/19/21 with unknown shortages. The factory floor guys say talk to Sales. Sales said talk to your Dealer. The Dealer doesn’t know when the shortages will be filled. Frustrating!

I scheduled a 25 day road trip beginning 6 weeks after the factory completion date. I am now less than three weeks from that date with no returned emails or voicemails from the Airstream factory.
BruceLeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeslie View Post
I am in the same situation. 2021 Caravel 22FB came out of the Factory 4/19/21 with unknown shortages. The factory floor guys say talk to Sales. Sales said talk to your Dealer. The Dealer doesn’t know when the shortages will be filled. Frustrating!

I scheduled a 25 day road trip beginning 6 weeks after the factory completion date. I am now less than three weeks from that date with no returned emails or voicemails from the Airstream factory.
Talk to your sales person and ask them to query their district sales rep. Their rep should be able to explain what's happening and even give an estimated date of resolution. This is how I got info when my trailer delivery was delayed. Of course, every date the rep gave was wrong. But at least I was aware of what was happening with my trailer production.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #27

2021 22' Caravel
Aptos , California
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
Talk to your sales person and ask them to query their district sales rep. Their rep should be able to explain what's happening and even give an estimated date of resolution. This is how I got info when my trailer delivery was delayed. Of course, every date the rep gave was wrong. But at least I was aware of what was happening with my trailer production.
Fantastic news! I just got an email from the Airstream Sales rep. I may not have had the latest build date from Airstream correct. He told me that the factory has released our baby for shipment! What a relief!! Looks like our first big 25 day adventure will not need to be rescheduled. Kudos to Airstream
BruceLeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:33 AM   #28

2021 Atlas
Titusville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch55 View Post
We were quoted Early January when we ordered in September. That has now been pushed to February 26 to come off line. With shipping and dealer prep we are hoping to see it mid March.
Just an update we pick up our Atlas May 27. Waited over 7 months.
rv4tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:51 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Things seem to be improving based on my specific experience below:

I'm in the market for a FC, in early April my quote stated a Oct/Nov delivery.

I just got a new quote with a September delivery.

So almost two months later AS has improved the delivery schedule by one month. Doesn't look like demand has dropped off so maybe AS has increased their output?
N95556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by N95556 View Post
Things seem to be improving based on my specific experience below:

I'm in the market for a FC, in early April my quote stated a Oct/Nov delivery.

I just got a new quote with a September delivery.

So almost two months later AS has improved the delivery schedule by one month. Doesn't look like demand has dropped off so maybe AS has increased their output?
You posted in the Interstate B-van sub-forum so not all readers, including me, quickly recognize what an FC is. I did a quick search and learned it is a Airstream Flying Cloud trailer.

https://www.airstream.com/travel-tra...ud/floorplans/
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:10 PM   #31

Currently Looking...
Rexford , New York
We put a deposit on 27FCFBT in mid January and hoped for a late July arrival. Yesterday we were told it would be off the production line on Aug27th. It looks like we waited 9 months or more. Wont the 2022 line be in production by then? Very sad about missing summer season. Maybe we should have waited until now to purchase.
SSene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #32
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I have yet to hear any updates on the delivery of our GT. The *hope* is that it will rumble down the line in September.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote