Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
issaquah , Washington
Picked up my 2015 Gran Tour today.

Could not be more pleased with the fine folks at Airstream Northwest.

Really a well done delivery! Everything explained to both my wife's and my satisfaction. She was quite puzzled by the cooking functions, as she's not the one who cooks in our family. (She actually opened the stove burner cover and said "what are these?" I'm 80% sure she was kidding.

Worst part?
Getting home and spending literally two hours removing all the stupid lawyer stickers.

I'm glad to be part of this wonderful and somewhat obtuse community!

Slainte!

Ron
rongoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongoms View Post
Could not be more pleased with the fine folks at Airstream Northwest.

Really a well done delivery! Everything explained to both my wife's and my satisfaction. She was quite puzzled by the cooking functions, as she's not the one who cooks in our family. (She actually opened the stove burner cover and said "what are these?" I'm 80% sure she was kidding.

Worst part?
Getting home and spending literally two hours removing all the stupid lawyer stickers.

I'm glad to be part of this wonderful and somewhat obtuse community!

Slainte!

Ron
Congrats! I haven't even managed to see a Grand Tour yet. When we stopped recently at a local dealer, they had three 2015's, but no Grand Tours.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Great Falls , Virginia
Congrats! I'm loving that screen door.

AI Facebook Group

k9jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
X New Yorker

2013 Interstate Coach
Springfield , Massachusetts
Congratulations! You are going to love it.
X New Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Now all you need is an Airstream Travel Trailer to tow behind it.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Congratulations and welcome.

May you enjoy many happy miles.

Maggie
Old 03-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

issaquah , Washington
Thanks everyone!

Our first short trip today was to the top of Snoqualmie Pass, in the Cascade mountains of Washington state.

It's only 45 minutes from our house, but this is the kind of view that makes everything else worthwhile, right?

Nice little lunch by the side of Gold Creek, and Sophie helped navigate home.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #8
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Congrats!
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Los Gatos , California
Rongoms: How do you like the screens? We bought our GT in October, but the screens were back-ordered and we are just now having them installed this week. Anxious to see them and how they work. And congrats on the GT..we are so thrilled with ours, we have been on the road for local weekend trips every other weekend since we bought it and are having the best time of our lives!
p.s. I think Northwest Airstream is affiliated with our dealer, Bay Area Airstream.
WBCCI Member #5506
tlundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
That's a great looking Airstream. Congratulations!

May you have many great Airstream adventures.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

issaquah , Washington
Hiya Tim,

Our GT actually came from down there. We were going to fly down and drive it back, but that didn't work out.

The screens are cool. We were stopped in the parking lot today and asked about it by another Sprinter-based RV owner. She was all sad-face when we told her it was an Airstream OEM part.

A couple things we did notice though: the side-door curtain gets in the way of the screen when it's open and you can't open the screen from the inside when the side door is closed. Going to have to look at tucking the curtain a bit. our was a bit out of adjustment from delivery, but a few turns of the handy screwdriver leveled the screen door out just fine and now it's all happy. +1 for the ease of adjustment on this part.

The rear is neat but the panel on which it's installed takes up quite a bit of space. (no Ikea shelving units for us. at least not full-height ones). I reckon we lose about 4" of depth behind the rear seats to accommodate the screen frame.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
Jeff

2013 Interstate Coach
Seattle , Washington
Congrats from Seattle. Gotta love that screen. Jeff
jkinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Mississippi
Looking mighty good, rongom, mighty good indeed.
GuyGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Sherrills Ford , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongoms View Post
A couple things we did notice though: the side-door curtain gets in the way of the screen when it's open and you can't open the screen from the inside when the side door is closed. Going to have to look at tucking the curtain a bit.
I'm with you on those screens. I purchased one of the first GTs, so I've been with it since October. There are a few of those design glitches, and the side screen/curtain problem was one of the first things I noticed. There's no easy fix, except to do what I did. I attached the rear of the screen tightly with the Velcro, and then I just leave it like that. For extra light when the door is closed, I just tuck the loose curtain between the door and the vehicle, and that's that. For privacy, I snap the forward edge of the curtain to the door, and I'm done. Not perfect, but it works. By the way, the rear screen also interferes with the black cover that normally attaches to the sides of the storage area to hide your valuables. The screen frame is now directly in the way of the elastic straps, making them nearly unusable.
I'll give you one more (there are many others). Apparently, AS switched to a sliding-door microwave for the GT instead of the older swinging door. So, don't make any hard right turns, or you'll be stopping to close the sliding door after it slides open and hangs out in the aisle. I complained about that, and AS sent me a part that they designed to fix the problem (they hadn't seen it until I complained). It was a real kludge, just a huge chunk of black stamped steel and a fat screw to attach it to the fine cabinetry. Not in MY GT. For now, I just drive a little more slowly on right turns, and I'll come up with a much more elegant solution as soon as it's warm enough in my garage to work.
Other than that, and a few others, I love the GT, and I wish you good roads with yours.
BillyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Aliso viejo , California
Congrats. Less than a year old and have 13000 miles of great adventures and new friends! Great for last min getaways or long trips from California to Michigan! 23 mpg Avg across country
Interstate14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstate14 View Post
Congrats. Less than a year old and have 13000 miles of great adventures and new friends! Great for last min getaways or long trips from California to Michigan! 23 mpg Avg across country
23 mpg is amazing! Is that since you bought it, or just the cross-country trip? My average since new is 19 mpg and I'm quite pleased with it. Even the 4 cylinder versions get about 21 mpg.
Peter
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Aliso viejo , California
23mpg Cross country, avg city 19 to 21 on 13000 miles
Interstate14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:14 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

issaquah , Washington
we just returned today from a three day trip to the Okanogan region of Northeast Washington state and averaged 16.9 mpg. This includes both Snoqualmie Pass 4% grade for 13 miles or so and the Vantage crossing of the Columbia river, another 5% grade for 6 miles.
Never dropped blow 65mph, so i'm definitely not complaining

also: nice little shot of the campsite next to the Methlow river in Winthrop, WA.