Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshMD View Post
I still try not to use it, superstitious, may be. It’s a cold sensation when MB road assistance said my AI need to be towed and I am in the corner in my backyard, I don’t think the tow truck can wiggle their way in there. But thank you lesson learned
MCINTOSHMD - You should use it, especially such big van - it works, last a long time, and helps spread/hold the load between the tranny & parking brake when in Park mode on a hill. Other reason is on cable or actuator activated EPB, using it exercises the cable path (or actuators) so that rust, debris, and long-term non-use does not render them inoperable in the case of a REAL emergency. However, most manufacturers don't call them EPB anymore, just Parking Brake or Hand Brake.

Regarding tow truck wiggling their way in - are you serious? - I just never heard of a situation where a vehicle parking brake is engaged to the point where you can't put in Drive and drive away a few feet down the driveway. I would think at +300 lbs.ft. of diesel torque, you would be able to overcome that parking brake and burn it down to metal at 60mph. Not suggesting you drive for miles with parking brake engaged, but certainly won't damage it if you are just inching it slowly away from backyard to street.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #22
MJAI

2019 ​Interstate Nineteen
north Prince George , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
MCINTOSHMD - You should use it, especially such big van - it works, last a long time, and helps spread/hold the load between the tranny & parking brake when in Park mode on a hill. Other reason is on cable or actuator activated EPB, using it exercises the cable path (or actuators) so that rust, debris, and long-term non-use does not render them inoperable in the case of a REAL emergency. However, most manufacturers don't call them EPB anymore, just Parking Brake or Hand Brake.

Regarding tow truck wiggling their way in - are you serious? - I just never heard of a situation where a vehicle parking brake is engaged to the point where you can't put in Drive and drive away a few feet down the driveway. I would think at +300 lbs.ft. of diesel torque, you would be able to overcome that parking brake and burn it down to metal at 60mph. Not suggesting you drive for miles with parking brake engaged, but certainly won't damage it if you are just inching it slowly away from backyard to street.

It’s MB roadside assistance, she told me don’t drive or move the vehicle they were sending the tow truck thanks Air Forums I was able to release it and cancel the truck.
MJAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #23
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAI View Post
It’s MB roadside assistance, she told me don’t drive or move the vehicle they were sending the tow truck thanks Air Forums I was able to release it and cancel the truck.
MJAI - OK your response above to my question to MCINTOSHMD answers my question I posted on a couple of your posts. Why are you using 2 different forum names - MCINTOSHMD = MJAI ?
Old 08-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
MJAI - OK your response above to my question to MCINTOSHMD answers my question I posted on a couple of your posts. Why are you using 2 different forum names - MCINTOSHMD = MJAI ?
I noticed the same thing, right down to the same dog photo, one a pup and the other the same adult dog. Might be a couple like INTERBLOG and her spouse LB_3.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #25
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I noticed the same thing, right down to the same dog photo, one a pup and the other the same adult dog. Might be a couple like INTERBLOG and her spouse LB_3.
MIKE - that did cross my mind BUT both profiles show as Male. And even if they are a gay couple, both narrate entire brake lever experience & the tow truck experience in the 1st person, not 3rd person. Just hate dis-jointed communication if these 2 members are one & same.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:18 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Does it matter who posts?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #27
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I agree with Alex. It is very confusing for any single individual to post under more than one name. Way back when I was a moderator, I would have stopped it.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #28
MJAI

Can I delete a profile could not figure that out sorry for the question, to moderator if one could help deleting my old profile that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for causing all the confusion and problems.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #29
MJAI

Look at the profile , it's honestly the same person, I am not trying to hide anything.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #30
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvr View Post
Does it matter who posts?
XRVR - Yes. Continuity is important when interacting with the community. If 2 different users are flipping between 2 aliases, it is hard for those who want to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I agree with Alex. It is very confusing for any single individual to post under more than one name. Way back when I was a moderator, I would have stopped it.
JOHN - I had reported it to the Site Team for them to figure out. Most sites do not allow concurrent names to 1 individual. Disabling or deleting an old name and changing to a new name might be allowed?

Quote:
Look at the profile , it's honestly the same person, I am not trying to hide anything.
MJAI - Yet, there is something weird here because I just got this reply from MJAI on a different thread. Now, I am really suspicious. I am stopping any responses to try help MCINTOSHMD or MJAI until Site Team sorts this out.

"We are identical twins, he was a lucky doctor and I am a retired empty nester, thanks for catching that."

Picture of your Interstate - Page 83 - Airstream Forums
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ml#post2274982
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #31
MJAI

That's my post as well, sorry for the confusion, my apology, I first thought it's funny but obviously it's not, again my apology.

Peace!
Old 08-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #32
MJAI

Still need help to delete the old profile though, I was told by members years ago that the name was too elegant, I left the forum for several years and was trying to avoid the same comment so I decided to change the profile so sorry this also has offended some members all over again.

Peace.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Except they each have different join dates, one in Sep 2011 and one this month. Don't you want anyone to know you have been on this forum for eight years?
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote