Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Graham , Washington
Outland firebowl connection to 2015 Grand tour ext

I have the Outland firebowl that works just fine when connected to my propane tank. I swapped out the hose to a quick disconnect hose to connect it to the rv and i am not getting any propane to flow thru to the firebowl. The propane is full, flow valve is on and the propane switch is on. Is there anything else needed to get the propane to flow or is a regulator needed? If so, any links would be appriciated.
randkell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
If the fire bowl has its own built-in regulator the pressure will be too low from the Airstream regulator to get gas flow. You would have to remove the fire bowl regulator as well.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Graham , Washington
I figured out what the problem was. The main power disconnect needs to be on to use the external quick disconnect. FYI - The regulator was removed when I replaced the hose to the new quick disconnect hose.
randkell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by randkell1 View Post
I figured out what the problem was. The main power disconnect needs to be on to use the external quick disconnect. FYI - The regulator was removed when I replaced the hose to the new quick disconnect hose.
Ah, yes, that might be related to the power-driven solenoid for the propane switch. That little booger sucks power, unbeknownst to many, to keep the propane valve open. If there's no power to that switch and the solenoid behind it, you can't get any propane.

Also, if you find you've got a phantom power vampire drawing your batteries down when you think everything is off except the "use" switch, check that propane switch and turn it off. The power this solenoid draws to stay open adds up over 24 hours.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote