Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #1221
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Thanks for posting pics of your rear view monitor plug. That will work as a direct replacement for mine. No re-wiring required.

I'm just looking for a backup or perhaps a replacement if the new one improves on brightness & clarity. I've placed my order!
ROWIEBOWIE - We are all now starting to succumb to the WACHUKO Syndrome to replace functioning existing parts for better ones or buy spares Another 1st world problem.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #1222
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
ROWIEBOWIE - We are all now starting to succumb to the WACHUKO Syndrome to replace functioning existing parts for better ones or buy spares Another 1st world problem.

Uh, I know. I think you've got it real bad. There is no cure, of course. Once Wachuko reaches the end of his list, he just starts a new one (and we're infected all over again).

And of course there's always Interblog, who keeps uping the ante. I think she was "patient zero" who infected Wachuko.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #1223
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Uh, I know. I think you've got it real bad. There is no cure, of course. Once Wachuko reaches the end of his list, he just starts a new one (and we're infected all over again).

And of course there's always Interblog, who keeps uping the ante. I think she was "patient zero" who infected Wachuko.
ROWIEBOWIE - WACHUKO will never reach the end of his list coz he adds way before the end. Heck, this monitor was not even on my radar monitor (pun intended) until he posted how cheap it is now. Not sure if INTERBLOG was "patient zero" but from what I can tell, she typically only replaces stuff that are broken or may break (preventive) and if needed as essential emergency spare part. WACHUKO has enough new take-offs to rebuild half the AI. Soooo . . . there you go
Old 09-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #1224
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
This is how rumors start... and how I get in trouble with my wife.

I did not get the rear view camera as a spare!! I got it for the BMW X5...

I will provide just a glimpse into how my mind works...

I have an itch for a 4x4 diesel... I want a Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon... and I keep waiting for the diesel engine option to be out... I just keep waiting waiting waiting...

When the GMC Canyon 4x4 All Terrain Diesel was first announced I placed a deposit for one...(because at the time, a Jeep diesel was not in the works) well, got tired of the delays (this happened right around the VW scanadal... ) and cancelled my order... Then I learn about the Chevy ZR2 Diesel... and I thought, you know, more practical, still can get me to a remote place... fuel economy is great...

Wife walks by while I am looking at videos and specs in the computer and quickly grounds me...

So I am not allowed to buy a new car for now... what do I do? I look at videos of people taking the X5 off-road (light off-road)... and start to visualize BFG KO2s, a root top tent.... building a kitchen in the cargo area and a place for the ARB cooler... If they will not let me buy a 4x4, I will turn my X5 into the outlander that I want . Installed bars... those made noise so I got a air deflector...

I do not have a spare tire on this car... so I look at eBay and find a matching wheel at a good price... install a KO2 tire on it... (fyi, the other four are currently summer tires)... then I conclude that I need a tire carrier because this frigging wheel/tire takes up all the cargo space... so I order a Wilco hitch tire carrier...

So now I have (well, arrives tomorrow) a tire carrier, a spare wheel... this is going to block the tag and the factory rear view camera...

And that ladies and gentlemen is how I came to order the rear view camera...

Yes... I have issues... I do not know how my wife puts up with me. The struggle is real! She is a saint!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilco Offroad - Tire Carrier.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	323173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3734.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	323174  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3616-sm.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	323175  
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #1225
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Well it's still been fun! I had no idea how many things I "needed" for my AI until I began following your post. I am trying to control myself, but my wish list on amazon keeps growing. Thanks!
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #1226
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Yes... I have issues... I do not know how my wife puts up with me. The struggle is real! She is a saint!
WACHUKO - I hope they don't find a cure for you. Otherwise, some of us may have to go into WACHUKO Withdrawal. My wife gave up on me long time ago. Says I am hopeless. She saw all the WACHUKO #'sss (thread# & page#) right next to part description on my tablet. She asked if that's where we get rv parts? I said "indirectly, yes"
Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #1227
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Quote:
WACHUKO - I hope they don't find a cure for you. Otherwise, some of us may have to go into WACHUKO Withdrawal. My wife gave up on me long time ago. Says I am hopeless. She saw all the WACHUKO #'sss (thread# & page#) right next to part description on my tablet. She asked if that's where we get rv parts? I said "indirectly, yes"

You're both hopeless. Lost causes. There but for my bank account go I.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #1228
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
You're both hopeless. Lost causes. There but for my bank account go I.
ROWIEBOWIE - We fired our financial advisor. My simple financial plan - Die when my bank account reaches $000.000. My wife has the supplemental plan - Die when credit card account maxes out.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #1229
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
ROWIEBOWIE - We fired our financial advisor. My simple financial plan - Die when my bank account reaches $000.000. My wife has the supplemental plan - Die when credit card account maxes out.

I'm threatening to tell my kids that's a real thing and their Mom & I both signed up for it!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #1230
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
Well it's still been fun! I had no idea how many things I "needed" for my AI until I began following your post. I am trying to control myself, but my wish list on amazon keeps growing. Thanks!
It's fun to watch, and even more fun to participate. but sometimes I have my hands full just fixing what's broke.

How'd you do with all the flooding from Florence?
Old 09-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #1231
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Quote:
It's fun to watch, and even more fun to participate. but sometimes I have my hands full just fixing what's broke.

How'd you do with all the flooding from Florence?
I lucked out and made it to my home which was undamaged. I did get stuck on way back 60 miles from my house due to rising water and spent the night at Wal-Mart....hope to not have to do that again. But enough detours opened up Monday and I made it home. Prayers for all the people displaced and for their losses.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #1232
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
I lucked out and made it to my home which was undamaged.
MANSDERM161- If we believe what's in the news, then you are definitely in the minority. Keep seeing so much damage in the news. Glad all good with yours.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #1233
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bellingham , Washington
Quote:
Got a request for confirmation of the connector for the rear view camera I just received.

Sharing photos here:
I had a failing Pyle rear view display, and like you, ordered the complete kit from EBay. The connector in the new display did not match the connector installed in my 2013 AI, so it required some additional wiring using the harness supplied with the new display. At some point in production, Pyle changed connectors. It was still a relief to discover it was the display and not the rear view camera. Wiring the new connector was lots easier than having to pull wires for a new camera from back to front. My old connector looked like the one in your photos. The new one was a smaller multi pin connector, if I recall correctly.
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #1234
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieJ View Post
I had a failing Pyle rear view display, and like you, ordered the complete kit from EBay. The connector in the new display did not match the connector installed in my 2013 AI, so it required some additional wiring using the harness supplied with the new display. At some point in production, Pyle changed connectors. It was still a relief to discover it was the display and not the rear view camera. Wiring the new connector was lots easier than having to pull wires for a new camera from back to front. My old connector looked like the one in your photos. The new one was a smaller multi pin connector, if I recall correctly.

Wachuko was kind enough to send a picture of his new monitor's connection. It is a direct plug in for mine (and probably would be for your old monitor) but some replacements went to a really dinky and small connector. I did not want have do the wiring modification you had to on those tiny wires.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #1235
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
And just a side note... that rearview mirror screen that we have... I was looking for a solution for my other car as I am installing a hitch-mounted tire carrier and wanted something to still have a functional camera... well, for 49.00 (later found them even for less) you can buy the whole system on eBay. So now I have that installed in my X5

Just in case you like them or need to replace anything in them... could not believe how inexpensive these are...

7" LCD Car Rear View Mirror/Camera
WACHUKO - Back to this rearview mirror screen - looking at pics, camera has power (red/black) & vid out cables. It transmits wireless to receiver that has power (red/black) & vid out (yellow). So that vid out can connect to ANY monitor, like my Fusion monitor. In short, the wireless receiver is not part of the monitor? But I see no vid input on monitor, just the mini DIN connector. Please confirm.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #1236
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
WACHUKO - hey never mind. I found answer, I can use the receiver vid out & plug to any monitor. In fact, same company makes/sells just camera, wireless reciver & transmitter for my specific question. Only $18, if I don't need monitor. But I am contemplating still buying yours so I can use the extra monitor as left/right monitor while keeping AI monitor as constant on rearview monitor & 2nd rear wireless as RVC from low angle (hitch) displaying via Fusion. I just like to have a rearview on 100% of time even when signalling.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #1237
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Sorry Alex... did not see this until now... Glad you found the answer.

Nothing much happening on my end... moved the AI from the storage facility to the same friend that has our boat in his backyard... he insisted... will get some concrete tiles to place under the tires.

Spent the weekend firing up the engine for my 1967 Porsche 912 (has been sitting on the stand since May 2015!! waiting for me to finish the valve adjustments, install of plug wires, timing... Anyway, did all that but made a mistake with one of the push rods (it was not seated correctly on the lifter) so I get to replace a bent push rod and try again...other than that... not much else happening...

WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1238
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Spent the weekend firing up the engine for my 1967 Porsche 912 (has been sitting on the stand since May 2015!! waiting for me to finish the valve adjustments, install of plug wires, timing... Anyway, did all that but made a mistake with one of the push rods (it was not seated correctly on the lifter) so I get to replace a bent push rod and try again...other than that... not much else happening...
WACHUKO - No worries. I jumped the gun when I asked the question. All the info was there on the eBay listing had I scrolled all the way to bottom of listing.

Sorry your rebuild hit a roadblock. I was busy with non-AI automotive stuff all week myself. Had CEL P4056 small evap leak on the minivan - PITA to chase. And busted rear window regulator on S500, of course it fails when window is all way down - easy to figure out but PITA due to excessive amount items to take apart just to get to it. But not as bad as a bent rod.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:46 AM   #1239
2 Rivet Member

AUSTIN , TX
Since picking up my AI last week, Amazon is delivering so often that the neighbors think I bought two sprinters. The jeep is getting jealous.
TX-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #1240
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Newbie View Post
Since picking up my AI last week, Amazon is delivering so often that the neighbors think I bought two sprinters. The jeep is getting jealous.

Good one [emoji106]!
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote