Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #241
Rivet Master
 
Tincampers's Avatar
 
2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Wait is over!! They moved our walk through to 10am. We have our baby!!
WooHoo! Good things come to all who wait and wait and wait! I hope it brings you many years of happiness.
__________________

Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:34 PM   #242
2 Rivet Member
 
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Ponte Vedra Beach , Florida
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthrngary View Post
I took delivery of my AI, TB, Grand Tour with Rear Air Suspension two weeks ago. I have a very specific four-page check list for your unit.

If you would like it, I will send it to you if you can give me an email address to do so (Send PM if you are interested) . In includes tools you will need, issue you should have them handle before you get there, all items that you should receive and much more. TYI. Happy to share.

Gary T.
Gary,
I am taking delivery of my Grand Tour Tuesday and would also appreciate your checklist.
My email is jckausch@mac.com. Hopefully this is possible. Also, I don't know what a "PM" is. Still learning on Forums.
__________________

FlStrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #243
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,341
Our Journey Begins - 2018 AI TB Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlStrmr View Post
Gary,

I am taking delivery of my Grand Tour Tuesday and would also appreciate your checklist.

My email is jckausch@mac.com. Hopefully this is possible. Also, I don't know what a "PM" is. Still learning on Forums.


Welcome to Airforums. PM is the forums personal message system that you can use to communicate to other forum members without posting your email address to the whole world. Remember this is an open forum and anyone can read the posts. Only members can post and use the PM system.

You can access your PM's via your user profile pages.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #244
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
You can access your PM's via your user profile pages.
Easy way to send a PM is to click on the username of the person you want to send a message to. For instance, if you wanted to PM me (can't imagine why anyone would, but still…) you would click on the "Protagonist" name on the left-hand side of this post above my Forums avatar picture— assuming you're using your computer and not your phone. I seldom use AirForums from my phone, so I can't remember how usernames are displayed there.

When you click on the username, you'll see a drop-down menu, which includes an option "Send private message to (username)." Selecting that option will take you to the PM screen so you can compose your message.
__________________
I thought getting old would take longer!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #245
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Smile

A few photos... So happy. Drives great! And have to watch for speed... was following my wife and this gets to over 70 pretty easy... was varying speeds and getting a feel for it... being aware of the weight and dynamics of braking such a heavy vehicle. But felt fine driving it. I was amazed how well it turns in circles...



Only adjustment I had to make was for the rearview camera... it was pointing too low... easy to adjust with a hex wrench



And guess who gets to sleep in the chairs - I will give you a hint... the guy taking the photo...



The reason we are not taking the Tommy Bahama chairs with us... those are huge!



And oh yeah! There is space for one more solar panel!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	300994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	300995  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0379.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	300996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	300997  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	300998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	300999  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	301000  
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #246
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,909
Gorgeous!

Whatever that is covered with caulk in the lower right hand corner of the roof picture, I would take a good look at that before too much time has passed.

The caulk looks inconsistently applied, and could lead to a leak.

We had two ridiculously compromised installs on our roof...the vent fan and the black tank vent...both of which leaked until taken down to the roof and re-done properly.

The gobs of caulk on ours covered up some serious problems...I would take a close look at that area.

Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #247
3 Rivet Member
 
Lineolated's Avatar
 
2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 134
Congratulations! Hope you have lots of good trips with your new coach.
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #248
2 Rivet Member
 
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Franklin County , Missouri
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 83
Wachuko,

Congratulations on your new rig.

In your photo of the rear of the Interstate it appears to me that the top of your rear bumper cover is bulging up on the passenger's side door about a 10 inches from the hinge side. I have a bulge in that same area and the door rubs the bumper cover in that area. I only noticed after I saw a wear mark on the bumper cover protective plastic covering. You may want to look to see if your's is rubbing there.

By the way is the Airstream applied molding the same color as the main body on your coach? I also have a silver coach and my molding is a lighter shade of silver. It is not a large difference in color but it is certainly noticeable.

Thanks and have safe travels.
AI927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #249
2 Rivet Member
 
MISGM's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Hephzibah , Georgia
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 34
Thumbs up I know the feeling!!!

Wachuko...Congratulations again and welcome to the club....

Ref the space for extra solar panel....I used that space for my Winegard InMotion T4 Satellite Dish It's in perfect location for routing of cables. NOTE: Mounted the power on Winegard switch in the curbside middle cabinet at rear with the second receiver in cabinet on opposite roadside next to second television.
MISGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #250
Rivet Master
 
InterBlog's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Gorgeous!

Whatever that is covered with caulk in the lower right hand corner of the roof picture, I would take a good look at that before too much time has passed.

The caulk looks inconsistently applied, and could lead to a leak.

We had two ridiculously compromised installs on our roof...the vent fan and the black tank vent...both of which leaked until taken down to the roof and re-done properly.

The gobs of caulk on ours covered up some serious problems...I would take a close look at that area.

Maggie
+1.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer at such an auspicious moment, but that concerned me as well. The product looks very much like Sikaflex 221 (color, texture) and it is irregularly applied, from the look of it.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #251
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,909
I’m not trying to put a damper on the excitement, either, but we should share our collective wisdom and experience here so that newbies may hopefully avoid problems others have already encountered.

Maggie
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #252
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Easy way to send a PM is to click on the username of the person you want to send a message to. For instance, if you wanted to PM me (can't imagine why anyone would, but still…) you would click on the "Protagonist" name on the left-hand side of this post above my Forums avatar picture— assuming you're using your computer and not your phone. I seldom use AirForums from my phone, so I can't remember how usernames are displayed there.

When you click on the username, you'll see a drop-down menu, which includes an option "Send private message to (username)." Selecting that option will take you to the PM screen so you can compose your message.


Works much the same way on phone or tablet.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #253
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Thank you for the comments and these are being take as recommendations for avoiding issues in the future. Got it.

Not many updates as I am working on the stuff we wanted to install...

Was waiting for the stores to open so that I can get some hardware that I need... in the meantime I started working on the base for the air compressor

Until I can find an aftermarket bracket, this will have to do. I will place a heat shield/vibration mat on the bottom side as precaution. But based on feedback from the Sprinter forum, heat should not be an issue with the compressor.

Made a template out of cardboard and with that I cut and bent the sheet metal I had...

Now to make the mounting holes and test it all out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	301017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	301018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	301019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	301020  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	301021  
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #254
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI927 View Post
Wachuko,

Congratulations on your new rig.

In your photo of the rear of the Interstate it appears to me that the top of your rear bumper cover is bulging up on the passenger's side door about a 10 inches from the hinge side. I have a bulge in that same area and the door rubs the bumper cover in that area. I only noticed after I saw a wear mark on the bumper cover protective plastic covering. You may want to look to see if your's is rubbing there.

By the way is the Airstream applied molding the same color as the main body on your coach? I also have a silver coach and my molding is a lighter shade of silver. It is not a large difference in color but it is certainly noticeable.

Thanks and have safe travels.
Had not seen that until you called it out. Let go take a look at that now.
Thank you!
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #255
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI927 View Post
Wachuko,...

In your photo of the rear of the Interstate it appears to me that the top of your rear bumper cover is bulging up on the passenger's side door about a 10 inches from the hinge side. I have a bulge in that same area and the door rubs the bumper cover in that area. I only noticed after I saw a wear mark on the bumper cover protective plastic covering. You may want to look to see if your's is rubbing there.
....
It was not rubbing. I placed a soft rag between the door and the bumper... let's see if the day warms up and it stays down. I will later see if I can access it from under and use some 3M tape to keep it down... will think of something. But at least is not high enough to rub. There was like a 1/8" gap before I placed the rag...
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #256
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Question

What is the recommendation? Find out what they used and go over it with better coverage/application? Or remove it all and redo with recommended product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
+1.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer at such an auspicious moment, but that concerned me as well. The product looks very much like Sikaflex 221 (color, texture) and it is irregularly applied, from the look of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Gorgeous!

Whatever that is covered with caulk in the lower right hand corner of the roof picture, I would take a good look at that before too much time has passed.

The caulk looks inconsistently applied, and could lead to a leak.

We had two ridiculously compromised installs on our roof...the vent fan and the black tank vent...both of which leaked until taken down to the roof and re-done properly.

The gobs of caulk on ours covered up some serious problems...I would take a close look at that area.

Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I’m not trying to put a damper on the excitement, either, but we should share our collective wisdom and experience here so that newbies may hopefully avoid problems others have already encountered.

Maggie
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #257
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Question

Also, as cool as some of the Tommy Bahama merchandise is, we are removing some of those in favor of smaller items or more efficient utensils. For example, wine and bottle openers, take too much space. We can achive the same with a smaller two-in-one opener we have... same with chairs and cooler (well, cooler is being replaced by electric one)... and we love the candle that came with it, but I am not going to use it in the AI, so out to the house it went...

Can’t wait to replace the battery charging relay... left the AI plugged to a 15amp outlet...house batteries fully charged, chassis is at 12.8.

Question I had.. is the battery assist button linked to the charging relay I am replacing with the Blue Sea ML-ACR 7622 ???
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #258
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,409
Exclamation

Note to self... do not move the AI without first unplugging!!!

Nope, nothing has happened... I just had this awful thought of forgetting to do so
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #259
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
What is the recommendation? Find out what they used and go over it with better coverage/application? Or remove it all and redo with recommended product?
Figure out what the caulk is covering...

Get up there and take a good look at the caulk, as it does not appear to create a complete seal at the base of that mound...

If that is the case, add caulk around the base to seal completely, and insure water stays out...

Or not, but that is the recommendation.

Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #260
Rivet Master
 
InterBlog's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Note to self... do not move the AI without first unplugging!!!

Nope, nothing has happened... I just had this awful thought of forgetting to do so
We use these as status reminders, looped on the steering wheel when something needs to be checked prior to departure, with the EPDM elastic bands, not office-grade elastic which will quickly split as you can see here.

They are not the real thing but are rather key chains available for about two bucks apiece. The elastic bands loop over the arm rest of one of the cab seats when not in use.

__________________

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Jeep Eco-Diesel VS 2018 Expedition? Barretta2 Tow Vehicles 57 03-10-2018 03:39 PM
My Journey begins 4dougstream Member Introductions 5 05-03-2013 10:54 AM
The Journey Begins cozycan 1966 - 1968 Safari 4 06-19-2012 10:11 AM
The journey begins.... Pomfritz Classic Motorhomes 27 08-27-2010 05:53 AM
The journey begins.. tvadman1963 Member Introductions 6 03-19-2007 03:54 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.