Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
O2 COOL Smart Power Rechargeable 10" fan

O2 COOL Smart Power Rechargeable 10" fan

Was on the fence with this at $49, then went on sale at $34, then summer clearance at $24. My other option was Fan-tastic Vent Endless Breeze but at $70-$90, it was worth dropping the $24 on O2 COOL. Just having the 4 power source options was worth it. Don't have any idea of reliability, but it is a cheap dinner at worse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_184807.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	324585   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_184746.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	324586  

Name:	20181006_184855.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	324587   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_184929.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	324588  

Name:	20181006_184830.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	324589  
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Mine works very well but have only used it occasionally. It puts out it's highest CFM while plugged into the wall adapter. Note that the slide switch has many positions but only one is truly "OFF" I don't like that you have to assemble the legs (feet) then take them back off for storage. The battery/wall adapter version isn't like that, you just fold it closed for storage. I have both.

I wish I could've got my smart power one that cheap, I paid over $50
Old 10-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
I don't like that you have to assemble the legs (feet) then take them back off for storage. The battery/wall adapter version isn't like that, you just fold it closed for storage. I have both.
ITSNO60 - Yeah, those detachable legs are also kinda weird-hokey lookin, though they seem to work. But I don't see how they stay on during normal use. If I needed the legs, would probably drill a through-hole to reinforce. Luckily, I won't use them as I plan to hang it by the handle way out of reach of toddler grandson

Did not know they have battery/wall adapter version. Local Target only had this one.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
I have a similar model without those legs. It works well, but has that same switch that is hard to tell when off - so I’ve drained the batteries unintentionally.
https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Batter.../dp/B00ATSHJ1Q
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I have a similar model without those legs. It works well, but has that same switch that is hard to tell when off - so I’ve drained the batteries unintentionally.
https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Batter.../dp/B00ATSHJ1Q
MIKE - then it will be at home in AI, just like Fusion eh? Seriously, you are right, I just unplugged from wall, thinking it would turn off, NO! Rechargeable batts took over automatically.

EDIT
ITSNO60 said it puts out highest CFM when plugged into wall. Even better, it actually has higher High/Low speed when plugged in. Then a lower High/Low speed when running on batts. Essentially 4-speeds. That surprised me.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:37 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Green Valley Lake , California
I bought one from recommendations on this forum (or articles linked from, can't remember)
Best $24 ever spent (almost), and didn't even have to leave the house (thx, Amazon Prime)
SouthForkAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I wired the stock, loud refrigerator fan (that I replaced with a quieter one) with a cigarette lighter plug and use that as a fan by our beds. Works well, very low power draw. In fact I also wired another one.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
I wired the stock, loud refrigerator fan (that I replaced with a quieter one) with a cigarette lighter plug and use that as a fan by our beds. Works well, very low power draw. In fact I also wired another one.
WAYNE&SAM - I don't doubt the effectiveness and low power draw. It very ingenious mod for you to do. But you got me confused here? You say the stock fridge fan is loud. So you pull it out and put a more silent one. So far, so good. But if it was too loud for your liking whilst inside the confines of the fridge & cabinet enclosure (which baffles & absorbs a lot of the noise), how does it's loud noise become acceptable by your beds, presumably running while you try to sleep? Would it not be louder? Please elaborate.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #9
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
This fan was missing from the market for a period of time. Since you have found it on close out, that may mean it is soon to be dropped again.

We have several and have used them regularly. They provide cooling, white noise to mitigate traffic sounds, and ventilation to remove moisture. They are great fans. The battery power makes them functional for dry camping and they saved our life at the Balloon Fiesta last year.

Stand brackets - Not needed. Throw them away. The fan will sit on it's flat base. No need to hang the fan unless there is no surface on which to sit it.

Thanks for posting about this fan. It is great. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
This fan was missing from the market for a period of time. Since you have found it on close out, that may mean it is soon to be dropped again.

We have several and have used them regularly. They provide cooling, white noise to mitigate traffic sounds, and ventilation to remove moisture. They are great fans. The battery power makes them functional for dry camping and they saved our life at the Balloon Fiesta last year.

Stand brackets - Not needed. Throw them away. The fan will sit on it's flat base. No need to hang the fan unless there is no surface on which to sit it.

Thanks for posting about this fan. It is great. Pat
PKI - Thanks for that info about it out of the market for a time. Given only $24 I will buy 1or 2 more, coz I am afraid you are right, it may get dropped soon.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #11
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
To anyone contemplating getting this fan - watch your Target store clearance items. I wanted to try this even at the original $49.99 price (cheapest I found local or internet). But when our local Target put it on clearance at $34.98, I jumped on it only to be surprised at checkout that they dropped it to $24.98. After testing that one, I was convinced it was worth buying 3 more for that price. So I bought 4 at $24.98. Fast forward a few weeks, wife was visiting granddaughter in Grand Junction, CO, she spotted them at the local Target for $14.98. So I went back to our local LV Target and asked for price adjust. It turns out they do not price adjust clearance items even between Target stores. But they gladly took all 4 of them back and even had the GJ store put a hold on 4 of them for my wife to pick up. Since I was headed/driving there on the AI from the Pomona RV Show, it took me almost a week to pickup. Lo & behold, it had dropped again to $10.98. Luckily, we had ours on hold - they went from a boatload of these to none in stock. GJ Target manager told me every store can markdown clearance items to whatever price they want based on location, inventory, especially during seasonal turnover. Since CO is much colder than LV, they wanted to get rid of their summer stock soon since it's way colder there now. I only wish I picked up 10 more.

PS - I have no idea how long these things will last, but at that price I don't care
Old 10-24-2018, 05:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I bought one at the $25 price but I have not fooled with it yet. This thread hearkened back to my desire for something quieter than our existing Fantastic. I wondered if perhaps I could mount it temporarily in the driver's side cab window to exhaust from that point, instead of from the roof (hence farther away from our sleeping ears). Or something.

They are cheaply made. I can't imagine paying more than $25.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Actually, looking at mine more closely, it's the one that takes D cells. My bad for not checking closely - this thing is a piece of worthless junk. Be careful what you order on Amazon. It looks quite like the "real" one.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #14
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
FYI - All of ours use D-cells. They run on .... 120 volt transformer, internal battery that recharges, and eight D-cells provide power if no other source is available. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:39 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
WAYNE&SAM - I don't doubt the effectiveness and low power draw. It very ingenious mod for you to do. But you got me confused here? You say the stock fridge fan is loud. So you pull it out and put a more silent one. So far, so good. But if it was too loud for your liking whilst inside the confines of the fridge & cabinet enclosure (which baffles & absorbs a lot of the noise), how does it's loud noise become acceptable by your beds, presumably running while you try to sleep? Would it not be louder? Please elaborate.
Sorry for the late reply- I just saw this.

Much of the noise from the fan in the refrigerator compartment is due to harmonics from the enclosure. It does make noise as I use it, but I don't find it objectionable. I did the same thing with a quieter fan that I also use.
YMMV.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #16
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
Sorry for the late reply- I just saw this.

Much of the noise from the fan in the refrigerator compartment is due to harmonics from the enclosure. It does make noise as I use it, but I don't find it objectionable. I did the same thing with a quieter fan that I also use.
YMMV.
WAYNE&SAM - Enclosure harmonics, OK that does make sense now. On mine, so far harmonics has not been an issue. Maybe because of cabinet differences between models or my cabinets are still tight/new. Good to know this if things change as cabinets age/loosen through the years.