Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchw View Post
I had the same issue.
I cut off the propane with the small round knob and took the solenoid/valve out. It will separate from the bronze part. Cleaned everything up put it back together and everything worked fine. Did not had any propane escape.

Update: dealer already tried that route and replaced the solenoid only, but still didn't work. It's the whole brass part that's malfunctioning. Tank is removed and they will take it to evacuate the propane. Hopefully this will work. Jeremy at Jackson Center has been providing technical support to the dealer with this issue. It's great to see this kind of attention from the manufacturer to dealer.
dapolrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Inquiring minds want to know:
Did they solve the problem with a replacement of the solenoid?
Did they install a manual shut-off before the electrical solenoid, as some have recommended?
Did they have a way of pumping out the LPG, or did they just vent it in a safer environment? (For those who are afraid to raise the LPG fill box with a full tank, the pumping out may offer them a solution.)
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Inquiring minds want to know:
Did they solve the problem with a replacement of the solenoid?
Did they install a manual shut-off before the electrical solenoid, as some have recommended?
Did they have a way of pumping out the LPG, or did they just vent it in a safer environment? (For those who are afraid to raise the LPG fill box with a full tank, the pumping out may offer them a solution.)

No new updates. Last I thing the dealer told me today is that the tank is still at the propane shop. I asked how they're planning to evacuate the propane, dealer has no idea. It's been there for 3 days now. Haven't discuss adding a shutoff before the solenoid yet, I didn't want to complicate my situation, I just wanted them to find a solution first. I'll check with them tomorrow for updates.
dapolrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:10 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapolrbear View Post
... I asked how they're planning to evacuate the propane, dealer has no idea. ....
I had to burn ours off when work needed to be done to the tank system. Which is a fairly tedious process of sitting there running the generator. At the time, we were in the midst of electrical upgrades and I was unable to put the generator under load (with the roof a/c). So it was a drag to sit there for several sessions of multiple hours until the generator finally sputtered out of life.

For a time, I tried running the stove to accelerate the process, but I do not recommend this. The stove is not designed to be run for long periods, and could get damaged. So you might want to advise them not to try that trick.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
The engineer in me would have me look at the BTU of the water heater and furnace and compare that to the generator consumption at idle, then decide which to run. Some posts about regulator issues have made me wonder if the regulator would support running all three at once.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote