Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Does the owner's manual for the t-stat say what E1 means?

I seem to recall a discussion of t-stat error messages and what they meant in another thread.

E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power
module boards. System will shut down.
E1 LossofcommunicationbetweentheCCC2thermostatandanin dividualsystem
power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone num- ber that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.

The manual is now on my IPad. Easy to get to. I will have it memorized soon. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
[QUOTE=Jim Flower;1663188]I had this same problem last week and I have had it several times before, only under extremely hot and humid conditions where the AC is working too hard. That is, I have it set too low. The fix: it's not really a fix but I blundered along and the AC eventually worked, but I do not know what causes the recurring problem. Disconnect the thermostat connections as shown in the preceding photos. Ensure the connections are dry. Reassemble. Perform a system reset. ( press zone and mode at the same time) Reprogram the thermostat. The AC will most likely not work but the fan will. Wait 24 hours and then try the AC. In my case, the AC would now work. I have no idea why but I am guessing that there is some kind of electrical gizmo that resets itself when left alone or the whole contraption has dried out. This works for me until next time I really need AC but is a pain. I am getting a little smarter by not working the AC so hard. Lewster has a real fix by adding a better seal on the AC

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums[/unit. Jim
I would add disconnect shore power And place battery disconnect in the store position in order to kill ALL power sources. then wait an hour or so and perform the reset process.
Sjcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Sjcgr,
Yes. That was also part of what I did. In my case, it did not seem to work initially, but after leaving it off for a few days between trips, it worked on the next trip out. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Rock Hall , Maryland
Thanks for the info. I disconnected/reconnected and did the reset. I open the top up and change the connectors tonight. Hope it does it as we are on the road and the mobile parts truck is far behind. thanks again.
GloryBound is offline   Reply With Quote