Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

San Jose , CA
New to airstream - discount off MSRP

Hi

I am looking for Interstate 19 but wonder if how much discount I can get off MSRP?
Due to supply shortage and high demand, I bet I don't have much leverage in price negotiation but I don't have any reference point either.
Is there any general sense?

Hong
ladefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Given that there is virtually no inventory out there, if you find on on a lot .... figure you will pay MSRP. Yes, you might get them to knock a thousand dollars off.

On a build to order that is not against a slot they already have .... wait time likely puts you into next year, possibly many months into next year. You might get 10% off MSRP from some dealer somewhere.

If you do build to order against a slot they somehow already have (not clear how that happens these days ) .... deliver could be this fall sometime. They probably will knock a little off MSRP ... maybe.

On any order quoted wait time and actual wait time could be very different. You can find a *lot* of folks who were told by a dealer that delivery would be 2 months out. Ten months later they finally got the vehicle ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:36 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
San Francisco , California
Don’t expect much discount at all.

I went with the lowest price dealer on the west coast: Toscano RV. Got a good price, last November.

Still waiting on delivery a year later, still don’t have a date. Bought a whole second trailer so we could do this summer’s trip.
XCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:18 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

San Jose , CA
Thanks for the info. I expected the same looking at the inventory situation.
Local dealer (south bat airstream) showing that they are having incoming vehicle but it might be not the case but they just try to attract people.
I shall ask for the availability first.
Thanks!
ladefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:59 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCountry View Post
Don’t expect much discount at all.

I went with the lowest price dealer on the west coast: Toscano RV. Got a good price, last November.

Still waiting on delivery a year later, still don’t have a date. Bought a whole second trailer so we could do this summer’s trip.

Toscano RV Center

I understand they are no longer an Airstream Van sales outlet.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Plymouth , Michigan
I got 6% off an in-stock April build 2021 International 25'. Covered the sales tax basically.
SVTRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:20 AM   #7
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
You might encounter ADM this month. Finding a unit you can take take on the road immediately can have this additional line item on the window sticker. It is "Added Dealer Markup," the premium one pays for out-the-door-today! Product scarcity in a period of unusually high demand is a retailer's delight.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
San Francisco , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladefence View Post
Hi

I am looking for Interstate 19 but wonder if how much discount I can get off MSRP?
Due to supply shortage and high demand, I bet I don't have much leverage in price negotiation but I don't have any reference point either.
Is there any general sense?

Hong
Where did you decide to purchase? I am looking at the I-19 as well but rounding out a few other options (Beyond 22, Pleasureway, convert a Sprinter) before finalizing. If we can find a couple of others in NorCal we can get a bit of a volume discount 😀. The range people have responded is what I have seen as well. Plus, prices for 2022 are up 2.5%.
srinimaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Even back before the high demand, we had a difficult time finding a FC20. The tribal knowledge base said you should typically get 20% off list, but when a dealer had stock, they sold fast (2019). Finally we found a one year old "used" FC20 that had only been camped in once for $61,000 (list was $69,000), that same weekend a new one was listed for $62,000 but would have meant a 2,000 mile round trip.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #10
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Hi, folks. This thread is specific to Airstream Interstates, built inside MB Sprinter vans. Input on availability of trailers is marginally interesting, but at the core, availability of MB Sprinter vans drives availability of Interstates, and is a different challenge since AS doesn't build this platform the way it does with the trailers. Thanks!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #11
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Given the (zero) inventory situation, the biggest question is:

Are you prepared to wait 6,8,10,12 months for your nice new van? As far as I can see, anything a dealer ( car / truck / van / trailer / ....) tells you about delivery on a factory order is simply making a wild guess. Sales go up when they make guesses saying you will have it real soon ...

Indeed, even the manufacturer info on delivery may be a bit wonky. It's not uncommon in the car / truck world for a 4 month delivery to turn into 8 months ( or more ) roughly 3.9 months after the order was placed. That's just the world we live in today.

Who's fault is this all, blame the Easter Bunny or whoever / whatever you wish . There are a lot of possible targets. We have a truck that has been waiting to be hauled an hour over here from the rail yard. It's been sitting now for nearly a month. Lots of ways stuff gets delayed these days.

Update:

Ford must be monitoring these posts, truck got to the dealer 5 minutes ago.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Laguna Niguel , California
I visit my dealer often, they are close and have been good with service etc. Salesman I've worked with says he can get whatever he wants, sounds like MSRP. You might be able to cut a deal on some extras or dealer installed options. Special order wait times are about a year in this CA area. They do get display vehicles which they must keep for 90 days before selling, might find one of those you like and buy it and wait till they can release it if it's not already sold. Regardless, seems to be a good investment as prices continue to keep going up. Good luck with your search.
Revery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:39 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Gilroy , California
Inventory

They have tons of inventory at the Factory lot in Morgan Hill, CA. I'm not sure how much they would give you off of MSRP however.
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote