Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
New Airstream Interstate deliveries?

We have an Interstate 19 ordered and should have delivery soon. Has anyone received delivery on a 2022 Interstate19? Your experience? Thanks
jamm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
astoria , New York
Back on june 8 I ordered an interstate 24gt. Initial delivery guess was mid sept. In mid sept I sent email, he said completion date was 10/19. Early Oct I sent another mail, completion date was now 10/13. I haven't heard anything since. But hopefully soon
linjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjon View Post
Back on june 8 I ordered an interstate 24gt. Initial delivery guess was mid sept. In mid sept I sent email, he said completion date was 10/19. Early Oct I sent another mail, completion date was now 10/13. I haven't heard anything since. But hopefully soon
We ordered our Interstate 19 in February. It was changed from a 2021 to 2022 with an August build date. It was then extended to October 13. Now we are told it’s offline. We’re waiting for shipment news this week.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:12 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Here and There , West Coast
We have an Interstate 19 ordered and should have delivery soon. Has anyone received delivery on a 2022 Interstate19? Your experience? Thanks

Congratulations!!! Have you owned an RV before? Owned a van? Do you know the dealership very well?
DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:21 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Also not a 19 but at least something similar:

Our X supposedly was out of production in September. It's been bouncing between "ready to ship" and "waiting on one more part" ever since. It's not clear just what any of that means. It's certainly no worse than what Ford comes up with on our Bronco Sport .... ( I have visions of them loading it on the truck to ship and only then noticing that the tires are missing ... )

The only point being that even when it ticks over to "ready to ship" that may not mean what you might think .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
Interstate delivery update

We heard yesterday that our 2022 Interstate 19 was delivered to the dealership. We’ll be traveling next week to pick it up after a long wait. Looking forward to the trips ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2E251637-938E-46AF-8301-0137C114CD92.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	408359  
Old 11-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
We owned a 2012 Roadtrek Agile and sold it awhile ago. We like the short Sprinter because of the maneuverability and the size when we’re parking and navigating city streets. The dealership we bought the new Interstate 19 from us a dealer that is new to us and have been great to work with.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Congrats and enjoy.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:08 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
astoria , New York
June 6th we ordered our gt 24.
Original date was sept, bumped to oct ~13-19.
It arrived at airstream of VA last week, we pick it up saturday
woot
Old 11-25-2021, 05:36 AM   #10
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Our Interstate X finally made it to Colonial. Provided we can get folks out of the hospital we should be able to pick it up next week.

Bob
Old 11-28-2021, 09:18 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Raleigh , North Carolina
Interstate 24X Delivery

Hi
This is our first post to the Airstream forum. We took delivery of our Interstate 24X just before Thanksgiving. Ours was ordered in early June and is likely among the first non-demo 24X’s to be delivered.

First impressions: The build quality seems to be better than the demo models that we saw and inferred from the posts in this forum. The bed could be made and there were no loose tanks or door/cabinet panels. The van was also much quieter than the demo we drove. We did find a few random screws laying around and the heatshield had fallen off of the drop in LP range but nothing that could not be fixed easily.

Issues and concerns:
We were a little paranoid from all the discussions on this forum about problems when we took delivery and, therefore, tried as many systems as reasonable during our orientation. Taking delivery in south Florida meant some things needed to be tested later but we did test the hot water heater, A/C, and generator. Our biggest issue was the generator not running for more than a few minutes with the A/C on. This took them a day and a half to resolve but they worked with Airstream and ultimately installed a soft start on the A/C and it seems to have fixed the problem. There was also a TSB from Onan on some pins in a cable to the generator that were replaced. While two samples does not make a trend, these problems may be common as another 24X delivered at the same time also needed these repairs.
We continue to be skeptical about the A/C even on shore power. After running for a while, up to hours, the A/C will be shed by the power controller. The temperature has been relatively cool (below 75) but the van is sitting in the sun so I would not think the A/C would freeze up. We will keep an eye on it and see if there is a pattern.

Things to Note:
The Timberline furnace/water heater needs to be turned on for a while before it is effective at running the furnace or the water heater. The instructions are minimal, and we found the video from Timberline to be more helpful than the manuals. Hot water from the galley sink comes out when the handle is in the up position. There are no hot/cold markings that we could see.

Also, there is a “System” page on the controller display and the box for “Panel Sensor” needs to be unchecked. The system page is accessed by pressing the setup icon and then advancing to that page. Apparently there is no panel temperature sensor and when checked it ignores the external air temp sensor and has a fixed temp displayed on the control panel. For us that temperature was 91F and so the blower fan never came on. When we unchecked the box the display showed the external temp sensor temperature and it worked fine, blowing air from the front vents and from the back vent on the driver side.

The camera as the rear view mirror is not very useful. Switching to the side cameras when the turn indicator is used is just distracting and doesn’t provide any more information than the sideview mirrors. It was adjusted to look straight down and so all you saw was the top of the rear door and the front of cars that were right behind you. What cars you could see appeared to be a long way away when they were actually very close to the back of the van. The camera alignment can be adjusted with a set screw on the camera (it is the one mounted in the third brake light) but it is finnicky. Whether this adjustment helps with the unrealistic perspective that the camera gives remains to be seen. It also takes a little getting used to not have a mirror that shows the inside of the vehicle and out the rear windows. There is an unobstructed view out the rear windows in the 24X so we will be getting a rearview mirror to add to the camera rearview mirror..

When first connected to city water we had no water at the outdoor shower and could not plug in the hose at the rear wash station. This was fixed by opening the valves under the refrigerator by the pump.

Our issues other than the generator and A/C have been about learning how the systems work. The documentation is minimal and the orientation from the dealer was more generic and less about the specifics of the 24X. To be fair to the dealer these were the first 24X deliveries.

To be continued …

Tim & Kathy
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Xman - thanks for comments on the new 24X. I am interested in this new model and have looked at a demo model. Good to know the build quality has improved.

Having the power controller shed the A/C after a few hours of operation on shore power is troubling. Unless you had turned on another high power user like the microwave it should not be shedding the A/C on 30 amp shore power. If you were only on 20 amp power any small increases in power use will cause power shedding.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:21 AM   #13
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Thanks for the update on your X.

The downside to all hydronic heat systems is that they are a bit slow. You fire them up and they get the water hot in a while. They heat the van / trailer in a while. The advantage of the "slow heat" is the uniformity.

With temps up here below freezing, the van will be winterized when we do our walk through. That eliminates testing a whole lot of things .... yikes ....

Bob
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
New Interstate 19 pick up and drive home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamm19 View Post
We heard yesterday that our 2022 Interstate 19 was delivered to the dealership. We’ll be traveling next week to pick it up after a long wait. Looking forward to the trips ahead.
We picked up our Interstate 19 at Reliable RV in Springfield MO yesterday. We camped overnight at the dealership to test things out. We couldn’t get the water pump to pressurize the system. It turned out that a O ring on the intake side of the pump was missing. An easy fix. Some closet shelves were missing and will be sent to us. Again small stuff and our sales guy Rick has been great to work with. We really like the van. It’s quiet and very comfortable. I am writing this post from the Mercedes dealership in Kansas City. We’re on our way home to northern MN and 377 miles from Springfield MO. It’s a V 6 Turbo. About 75 miles from KC I heard a clunk and the van lost power. I got off the road and called MB in KC. It turned out that the air boost hose came off so I crawled under the front of the van and clipped it back on. Power back to near normal for awhile. Next the check engine light came on and a little later some loss of power and no acceleration. Stayed at the dealer last night and we are waiting. Busy here. Nice people. Good coffee . Great snacks and comfortable chairs. We had a Sprinter rv before and got to know the MB dealerships around the country. The adventure continues.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
astoria , New York
I just picked up my 24 gt last saturday 11/27, at airstream of virginia. What was curious was 3 guys spent about half an hour inside my van, talking about something. I asked was something wrong, but he denied any problems.
Made it to nyc 7 hours, no issues. My driver side ottoman didn't work. I don't remember if it worked at the walk through.I suspect that will be easy to fix. Who told you where to look for the hose, the sales person?
Maybe you can look at your side mirrors and help me figure out if they fold in. My manual says i should have a center button on the driver side panel , in between the selection button for the mirrors, but I dont have that button.
Makes me wonder if they didn't have the part and just didn't put it in. The mirrors look like they have hinges to fold, manually, but I don't want to break it
Old 12-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wawina , Minnesota
We have a center button for the side mirrors that fold the mirrors in. It works. You don’t have that feature if you don’t have the button. On our 2011 sprinter you had to manually push the mirror in. The air booster hose connection can be reached under the front bumper on the driver’s side. It’s a 2 inch hose connected to a metal pipe with a click connector. A rubber seal came off when it became disconnected. A small job. We were out of there by 10:30am. I called the Service Manager at MB Kansas City to get help. Hope this helps.