Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Pensacola Beach , Florida
Thanks again for assistance. I checked all fuses, all were good. At least I'm learning more about where everything is. Guess this all part of the journey. Very frustrating though.
No Buckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Well, next thing to consider, you shouldn't take it back to the Airstream delaer for an ignition problem. It will need to go to a Mercedes dealer who handles Sprinters since it's still under warranty. Looks like Mercedes Benz of Mobile is the closest Sprinter dealer to Pensacola.

While it's there, mention the intermittent message center on the dashboard, too.

Now, if your RV insurance covers towing, you're all set. They'll have to put it up on a flatbed to tow it, but at 9'8" tall, putting the Interstate up on a flatbed will top the load out right around 14 feet, so the flatbed tow will still be legal, not an oversized load.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ours will not start unless the gear shift is in Park, also sometimes the steering wheel needs a hard turn to make sure it is locked---won't start unless the steering wheel is locked. ??

Maggie
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Well at this point guess I'll wait till in the morning and call the dealer in Mobile. Don't know how towing happens with steering locked and not able take out of park.
I did receive Coach-Net through Airsteam for 2 years so I have been told and I think they will take care of towing I hope.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Buckles View Post
Well at this point guess I'll wait till in the morning and call the dealer in Mobile. Don't know how towing happens with steering locked and not able take out of park.
I did receive Coach-Net through Airsteam for 2 years so I have been told and I think they will take care of towing I hope.
Hopefully they'll be able to pull a flatbed tow truck right up to your bumper, and will only have to drag it one Sprinter-length in a straight line to get it loaded. They might disconnect the driveshaft to allow the rear wheels to turn for loading onto the flatbed. Or you might suggest that if they don't think of it themselves.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:

Oops, sorry, didn't read carefully.

Must be very frustrating for you.

Maggie
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Oops, sorry, didn't read carefully.

Must be very frustrating for you.

Maggie
I think that using the word "frustrating" might be an understatement at this point.
RV made it to the service center after closing on Monday 12-10-12. Parts were ordered, installed and RV is still no more repaired than when malfunction first occurred on 12-8-12. Same issue. Service center called this morning 12-14-12 informed me more parts have been ordered that might correct issue with key not working. They hope to have the parts in Monday 12-17-12.
So much for this weekends event that's been in the planing for months.
I don't really have that warm and fuzzy feeling today about the way my first RV issue has gone. RV has 3191 miles on it. We have had it one month one week.
I keep telling myself, this would be worse if we were on a trip.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I think that using the word "frustrating" might be an understatement at this point.
RV made it to the service center after closing on Monday 12-10-12. Parts were ordered, installed and RV is still no more repaired than when malfunction first occurred on 12-8-12. Same issue. Service center called this morning 12-14-12 informed me more parts have been ordered that might correct issue with key not working. They hope to have the parts in Monday 12-17-12.
So much for this weekends event that's been in the planing for months.
I don't really have that warm and fuzzy feeling today about the way my first RV issue has gone. RV has 3191 miles on it. We have had it one month one week.
I keep telling myself, this would be worse if we were on a trip.
It could be much worse, so keep that attitude.

Seems to be a really bizarre problem IMO.

If you are not already, I think you should have someone in the service department at Jackson Center in the loop on this. They should be working to help get this resolved.

Good luck, keep the faith, and keep us posted.

Maggie