Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #1
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
Hebron , Ohio
National airstream interstate rally - "air - 2021"

NATIONAL
AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
RALLY
“AIR – 2021”
RALLY, CAMP & CRUISE-IN

SEPTEMBER 10 – 12, 2021
MAKE NEW FRIENDS – JOIN OLD FRIENDS – FIND NEW ROADS
LETS TALK AIRSTREAM INTERSTATES !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
 This event is specifically structed for
Airstream Interstate & Atlas Owners ONLY !!
 Join in with many other AI owners around the USA
 Exchange your experiences with the AI
 See other owner’s AI units
 Show us your additions and improvements
 Get expert advice on the AI coach and Mercedes chassis
 Tech sessions
 See brand new units on display
 Take a ride on historic “Queen of the Lake II” on Buckeye Lake
 Enjoy “Round the Fire” discussions & stories
 Unlike typical Airstream Rally’s – only pay for what you intend to attend
 Enjoy the camaraderie of other AI owners
 This Event is Only open to active AI owners
 Limited to first 50 coaches – register early !!
 This event is not affiliated with Airstream Inc
 Have an issue with your AI – Lets get it Fixed !!
 Sorry – no hookups available at Robbco-LLC event site. Come prepared to Boondock !!

FOR MORE INFORMATION – Send me a PM
ROBBCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

St George , Utah
Is an Atlas considered an "Interstate" for purposes of this gathering?
AtlasKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
Hebron , Ohio
Absolutely !! Thanks !!
Old 11-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
Nice, we're only 30 miles from Buckeye Lake! PM me the information. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I note you have two identical threads on this, which may be confusing.

I’d like to know who you are, who/what you are affiliated with, if you yourself have an Interstate, and where you plan to hold this rally.

Just a little basic information.

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Yes, the OP would do well to release a proposed schedule to confirm the value added through this event. Otherwise "tech sessions" might be assumed to be "sales pitches".

I have thought about encouraging something along these lines (an Interstate-centric unofficial mini-rally) at Texas Airstream Harbor. Most Interstaters traveling recreationally at this time of year are already in the southern latitudes, and TAHI is roughly in the center of the south's east-west swath.

Alas, I'm too busy working this year. Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or the year after.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBCO View Post
NATIONAL
AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
RALLY
“AIR – 2021”
RALLY, CAMP & CRUISE-IN

SEPTEMBER 10 – 12, 2021
MAKE NEW FRIENDS – JOIN OLD FRIENDS – FIND NEW ROADS . . .

. . . Sorry – no hookups available at Robbco-LLC event site. Come prepared to Boondock !!
Most Interstates as delivered by Airstream don’t work well for Boondocking.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
It might be helpful to say where this will be held.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
It does seem odd to have a boondock rally for MH's that do not do well at boondocking. Maybe Advance RV will bring down their B Van and we can drool on it.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It would be helpful, too, to know who would be doing the “tech sessions” at this rally, and what topics would be offered, also the source of repair services advertised.

I don’t find ROBBCO LLC listed as an Airstream Service Center.

Maggie

Old 11-06-2020, 04:26 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBCO View Post
NATIONAL
AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
RALLY
“AIR – 2021”
RALLY, CAMP & CRUISE-IN

SEPTEMBER 10 – 12, 2021
MAKE NEW FRIENDS – JOIN OLD FRIENDS – FIND NEW ROADS
LETS TALK AIRSTREAM INTERSTATES !!

.......... only pay for what you intend to attend..........
^^ If someone could elaborate this part in the interest of transparency, that would be instructive. Especially given that for-profit commercial advertising is a forum no-no.

Airstream rallies are advertised here because many (if not all) of the organizers are legally established as nonprofit orgs. I don't know how the larger regional or national groups are set up, but the 501(c)(7) (social club) organizational structure is a typical format (example here). Yes there are fees and dues involved with Airstream rallies, because money does not tumble spontaneously from the sky and expenses do not cover themselves. But those groups are still not-for-profit.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #12
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
Hebron , Ohio
Mike - thanks for the comment. However, you are totally misguided on Airstream's ability to produce vehicles that are not sustainable for at least a week with common sense management of energy sources and uses. Airstream makes great vehicles that are well designed and proven for the mission - one for survival more than a couple of days....... Regards, Jeff, Sr
Old 11-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #13
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
Hebron , Ohio
Hi Wayne & Sam - The "AIR-2021" is scheduled to happen at Buckeye Lake, Ohio in September 10-12, 2021. Almost a year away.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #14
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
Hebron , Ohio
Really Titus ?? What is so odd about it ? The issue is we do not want to promise any electric or water and end up disappointing you guys who apparently can't stand to be with out water and electric. By the way, these AIs really were designed for camping without the umbilical cords of water and electric and, by the way, Airstream did a great job designing these coaches to be used in a "Boondock" situation. Thanks for the comment !! Jeff, Sr
Old 11-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
I think those of us who upgraded from the standard 50W of 100W solar panel and/or increased battery capacity from two group 24 AGM's would argue that the stock model was not a great design for boondocking.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
What kind of “tech sessions” are planned, and as you are offering service for attending Interstates who would be doing the work?

Do people have to give ROBBCO LLC their email address in order to receive more information?

Thanks!

Maggie

Old 11-07-2020, 07:09 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I'm not going to devote a lot of effort to this thread because I suspect it will be closed or even removed.

I'll just summarize and re-state the observations of a few others. Historically this has never been one of those internet forums where a newbie can successfully barge in with a non-newbie perspective and have it be a strategy that maximizes his/her success.

I recommend that newbies at least take the time to gauge the forum tone first and find out who the main players are, especially if they are perhaps pushing the rules envelope.
Old 11-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #18
J1
Commercial Member

2000 19' Bambi
Airstream - Other
Hebron , Ohio
Roger - thanks for the thoughtful comments. Yes, I have found it difficult to provide a posting relative to this event. Being fully transparent, I refer you to my website or email me and I will be very glad to email you the event flyer as it currently stands.

As far as being a "newbie". I have been registered with this blog for several years under my email for which packs my inbox seems every week. Additionally, since I am now 71 years old, over three generations in my family, I have owned dozens of Airstream trailers, motorhome and Argosy units. For example, I am one of the few people in the World who ever bought a brand new Airstream Classic 370 MH and picked it up in Jackson Center. I currently own an 2018 AI and bought it brand new... and I love it !!. I am hardly a "newbie" and do not appreciate anybody with no understanding of my background insulting me as such.

I am former member of WBBCI and dropped out because of their lack of coverage and focus of AIs - and understandably so with no disrespect to their org. With my over 50 years of Airstream unit ownerships, I have paid my dues and I am hardly a "newbie" - thank you very much......

If you and the rest of the AI community are uncomfortable with my taking the imitative to structure and execute an "AI Rally, Camp & Cruise In" - then fine, just don't come. Its alight. On the other hand, please do not accuse me of any fraudulent activity by putting a "cost recovery" fee associated with this event. Based on the fees charged - this event is definitely a "non profit" event !! My event flyer is fully transparent of the goals of this event. If you want the flyer, simply email me and I will email a flyer package back to you.

As far as a commercial vendor status is concerned, this forum and I have had several communications and not once have they asked me for fee.....and if they do, I would consider paying a fee. You are absolutely wrong about the connotation of "me trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes" This simply is not fair to the initiative I am taking to host this event - for the benefit of those interested in the AI community.

As far as tech seminars go for this event, we will be surveying the attendees to determine their specific needs and interests. Obviously, we will be prepared to discuss electric, mechanical and a myriad of other issues. Representatives will be invited from Mark Walberg Airstream and Arbogast, both new AI dealers in Ohio. We will not have any problem identifying specific topics of interest and those professionals to provide answers and advise for the benefit of the attendees. Prior to selecting specific tech topics and speakers, I want to be able to represent the number of interested attendees to the invited speakers. Like I said before, we will be surveying the attendees over the next year to make those determinations. Additionally, we will be emailing the attendees on a monthly or sooner basis to keep them up to date on the event developments.

As far as my personal business experience as marine operator and how that relates to Airstream.... Simply put I have a passion for these vehicles. We used to specialize in Airstream trailer floor replacements...but now focus on the AIs - not just Airstream but MB chassis based motorhomes as well. We do many different projects in our business and are typically RV, marine and motor vehicle related - all involving motor mechanicals and electrical issues. Been doing it all as a family business and very successfully for over 10 years as ROBBCO-LLC - and I am very proud of it.

If you can't vet me as a result of my website - well, I can't do much more about that. I have been fully transparent. For me personally- I am a retired CPA, former Chairman & CEO of a regional accounting firm, former elected director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, now a current director of a 1 billion dollar independent community bank and now current CEO of ROBBCO-LLC. I am also a former Armor Officer & US Army Vietnam Veteran and hold a multi engine & instrument rated FAA pilot license.

As far as your test question.... Roger, experience should tell you it depends on the level of your propane and how many continuous hours you are operating the generator and how much additional load with other appliances you are putting on it. Fully loaded, the typical AI should get 12 to 24 hours of continuous operation. This managed load, with reasonable power management, should last you a week.

No, we do not represent Airstream, Inc, but we have talked with them plenty of times in the past and we know who to talk with. We also have a great amount of respect for Airstream, their management team and engineers in providing an excellent product - past, present and future - all things considered. We do not waste our time in criticizing their engineering or marketing decisions.

As far as difficulties relative to posting on this forum, yes, for me, it has been difficult - but I am working things out.

I hope I have shed some light on your concerns. I would appreciate you working with the initiative to hosting a "AI - Rally, Camp & Cruise - 2021" by offering constructive comments for the success of this event for the benefit of the AI community .

Regards,

Jeff, Sr