Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Morgan Hill , California
Mercedes Service A

Hello,. Our 2017 AI GT interstate has 3K miles and the service A light has come up. Given the low mileage, should I still take it in for Service A o (time based) or put some more miles on it before doing so? We bought it recently and are using it a lot more than the prior owners. Thanks!
rajsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
If it were me I'd take it in. I have 6K on mine and the manual says I don't need service for 13K more. I've been in twice already, once for recall and software update, and once for defective battery they replaced free under warranty. Check your DEF level. If it ever got real low you can have emissions problems per my mercedes dealer. They also top off your DEF for cost of DEF only. Just my opinion. I hate to risk being stranded on the side of the road.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
RAJSINGH - that's way premature for it to come on at 3k, which is the more reason to bring it in asap. It is still under warranty. That's is not normal.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jacksonville , Jacksonville, Fla, Sautee, Ga, Boca Grande, Fl, Breckenridge, Co
My service A light came on too, but when I took it in to the MB dealer, the Sprinter service manager said the light came on based on the delivery of the chassis to Airstream although my purchase was ten months later. My low mileage didnít justify the service and neither did the time based on my delivery date. Mine is a 2017 AI on a 2016 Sprinter. I was told to come back with more mileage or after 10 months.
busb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Morgan Hill , California
Thanks all. I'll take it in and see what they say.
rajsingh is offline   Reply With Quote