Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Lounge refrigerator

Excuse my “laziness” but my search just doesn’t work well on iPads either. Has anyone been behind the Lounge refrigerator? Where does it plug in at? I’d think most our models are similar but we have the 2014.5 model if anyone has an idea where it might plug in.

Any advice on how to get it out if you need to to get to the plug also would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The 12v is hard-wired. The 12v wires are short and will give problems if you need to remove the refrigerator. I think they wired it before installing the cabinet. I added extra wire while I had mine out.

The 120v AC plug is above the microwave and can be accessed through the tip-out above the microwave. Easier if you take the tip-out door off temporarily.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The 12v is hard-wired. The 12v wires are short and will give problems if you need to remove the refrigerator. I think they wired it before installing the cabinet. I added extra wire while I had mine out.

The 120v AC plug is above the microwave and can be accessed through the tip-out above the microwave. Easier if you take the tip-out door off temporarily.
The above description is exactly how it is on my '2012 Avenue (floor plan is almost identical to the new Nineteen). I've had my fridge out a couple of times. It is just an easy four screws to slide it out. Easier if you take the door off.

Mine had sufficient length in the 12v wires that I was able to set it on the floor without ever disconnecting wires. The 120v cord was just long enough to allow the fridge to clear an opening so I could reach in and unplug.

Simply reverse the process to reinstall, so you shouldn't be afraid to pull it out if you need to get behind it. I've had to do twice to clear debris from a screen washer at my macerator toilet electronic fill valve.

The fridge is fairly light weight (a one-person job). But beware of the sharp edges on the rear coils. Why, because I have the scar to show for it.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:05 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Thanks, I knew there were a couple of you that had been back there before.

Sorry to hear you got bit by it. Bet that hurt! I appreciate the heads up as I probably would have had a matching scar knowing my luck!
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Thousand Oaks , California
Just an FYI that the 110V plug is unnecessary and kind of a waste since the fridge is a 12V device. When you are not plugged in to shore power the inverter powers that 110V plug on my 2014.5 Lounge and then the fridge converts it back to 12V.

I disconnected the 110V plug some time ago and I snaked a power strip from behind the stove to that outlet. Now I have more accessible 110V plugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power strip.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	400691  
Ryoungca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:09 PM   #6
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoungca View Post
Just an FYI that the 110V plug is unnecessary and kind of a waste since the fridge is a 12V device. When you are not plugged in to shore power the inverter powers that 110V plug on my 2014.5 Lounge and then the fridge converts it back to 12V.
Sorry, but this is wrong. I had a 2014.5 Lounge. Unless someone has rewired your rig, the inverter does not power that socket. That socket gets power only when externally plugged in or on generator. The inverter powers only the entertainment sockets (TV and DVD player).
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Traverse City , Michigan
Tip from my removal(s), duct tape corners as soon as you get access. All four front corners and hinges and back corners. Despite laying cardboard down and/or padding those corners will cut flooring and cabinetry and humans.
Heckler56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:28 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Sorry, but this is wrong. I had a 2014.5 Lounge. Unless someone has rewired your rig, the inverter does not power that socket. That socket gets power only when externally plugged in or on generator. The inverter powers only the entertainment sockets (TV and DVD player).
Agree with John, same goes for my 2015 lounge. The inverter will only power the outlet behind the drivers seat as well as the entertainment outlets!
Old 07-30-2021, 11:12 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Thousand Oaks , California
Sounds like the wiring changed sometime in that run. On my unit the inverter powers one plug under the sink (the inverter powered circuit is on the right under the sink and the microwave circuit is on the left) plus the outlet behind the driver's seat and the outlet up by the entertainment center.
Ryoungca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
Contributing Member

My apologies. I checked the wiring diagrams and you are correct, though my 2014.5 was wired differently. Both of the outlets in my 2014.5 were on the same circuit.

I have owned 5 Airstreams over the years and not one of them was totally wired according to the wiring diagrams.
WBCCI #9632