Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

, California
Looking for Ground Buss location

Hi all,

First time posting, but have been reading for a few months before I decided to buy an interstate.

I’m wanting to install a Victron BMV 712, and I’m not sure where the current ground buss is located for a 2019 Interstate Lounge Ext Slate.

I’ve got 4 lithium batteries located under the coach, which I believe was the location of the original AGM batteries, and I see the negative go back into the coach, but have no idea where it goes.

So in short, I’m willing to pull some things out to find it, I would imagine it’s under the road side jump seat, but want to make sure I’m not going the wrong way. I’ve found CBL8, but can’t find CBL4. My 12v schematic is going to be a bit different, but should be same general area.

I gather I need to put the shunt and have the batt connect directly to neg on Batt and the load will goto the ground buss.(I’m just guessing)

Anyway, if you know where that Batt negative cable (CBL4) goes to and terminates, I’d be grateful for a pointer.

Cheers,
Pucky
Pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The grounds on my 2018 come together at a tie point under the roadside jump seat. It is a big stud where the big battery cables connect with a number of minor grounds attached in a ring around the stud.

It is very near the roadside wall, at the rear end of the roadside jump seat.

I disconnected the grounds there while I installed my new battery manager and solar controller.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

, California
Thanks Pahaska,

I saw that, that makes sense, that is where the main ground comes from, on my rig, I think they might have moved the Negitive from the Mattery as I don’t have a 1ga going to that, other than the CBL8.

I’ll try to trace it or just disconnect all from that point and see if they still work.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,
Pucky
Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

, California
One more question Pahaska, does your batt CBl4 goto the top of that ring, like dead center?

The largest wire marked CBL8 goes to chassis right behind the wheel well under the cup holder, but I’d assume CBL4 to be the same size coming from the lithium negative and be labeled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	355310
Old 10-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucky View Post
One more question Pahaska, does your batt CBl4 goto the top of that ring, like dead center?Attachment 355310
That's where mine goes. I pulled the large cables off that stud, disconnected the start battery by the accelerator, and there was no measured voltage in the system. It was night, or I would have also disconnected the solar.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

, California
Awesome thank you.