Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Leaky Bathroom Faucet

While getting our A/I ready this weekend, I noticed the bathroom faucet was leaking water out of the handle. I removed the handle to verify my discovery, but can't figure out how to go about fixing the issue.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I can't find a brand name on the faucet nor can I figure out how to get to the washer to replace it. Maybe a complete swap out would be easier?

Any advice would be appreciated.
MN CakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN CakeEater View Post
While getting our A/I ready this weekend, I noticed the bathroom faucet was leaking water out of the handle. I removed the handle to verify my discovery, but can't figure out how to go about fixing the issue.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I can't find a brand name on the faucet nor can I figure out how to get to the washer to replace it. Maybe a complete swap out would be easier?

Any advice would be appreciated.
I find that a metal dental pick works pretty well for removing washers from inside the female end of hoses and spray nozzles. I bought a set of high-quality dental picks in different sizes and shapes at Duluth Trading (or was it Amazon? I can't remember) for my toolbox, but a dental pick from Walgreens (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/den...369735-product) works just as well.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Westerville , Ohio
I haven't had mine apart to say for sure, but I doubt that you have a faucet with washers. More than likely you have a cartridge-type valve that you replace. There may be an "O" ring or two to replace as well. Some faucets (Delta type) require that the top housing nut be tightened enough to prevent leaking from beneath the handle. Too tight and you won't be able to move the faucet handle at all. This requires a small spanner wrench that comes with rebuild kits for these types of faucets, but these are the older styles that have been going away due to the newer cartridge designs, although the faucet in my 2012 AI looks like the Delta type from the outside.
Aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircruiser View Post
I haven't had mine apart to say for sure, but I doubt that you have a faucet with washers. More than likely you have a cartridge-type valve that you replace. There may be an "O" ring or two to replace as well.
The bathroom faucet has a retractable length of shower hose and a handheld spray nozzle. There most certainly is a washer between the hose and the nozzle.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Westerville , Ohio
I was referring to the valve located under the handle, not the nozzle and hose. I believe the OP was referring to a leak under the handle.
Aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
That bathroom faucet is made by a company called ITC (www.itc-rv.com).
Try this:
"Contact one of our professionals for assistance. P:1.888.871.8860 E: sales@itc-us.com"
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote