Old 01-29-2016, 04:13 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I had a Kenwood in a Ford Taurus.
Just didn't like it.
Let it go with the car when I sold it.
Never liked the car, either.
I have a friend who loves her Kenwood double din in her Tundra.
I'm an Alpine man.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Vienna , Virginia
The vehicle information is in the setup menu on my 8100. On the map screen, on lower right, I touch the menu screen, scroll right to settings, then go to route preferences
Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1454085426.592306.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  94.6 KB
. I hope this helps. Possibly the 8100 has a newer version of software. I'm still exploring these features.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
K9CarCrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:12 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Lake Geneva , Wisconsin
You will find selecting "truck" as your vehicle and put in data, your speed limit adjusts to truck limits on the highway. I have this feature but won't use it because it isn't helpful for a A/S. I know it's height and the rest of the needed info settings required are not applicable because the A/S is not prohibited to weight or length on the road. The only roads I am aware of that does not have clearance posted is in CT. If you are in a city like Chicago, there may be city clearances that could be to low, but not too likely. I leave the setting as "car". If you specify "truck" you will be asked each time you nav a new route if your truck data is correct. Very helpful if you are driving a semi, otherwise not.
gkrinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:58 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Rohnert Park , California
Thanks for all of the info, everyone! I came here to learn about Airstream but have found out lots more!

A tip: If you have glare or reflections on the screen on your car stereo, find an anti-glare screen protector for a tablet and cut it to size. If you'd rather get a pre-cut one, a campany called Lexerd makes them for a variety of devices. Here's their page on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd/b/ref=b...wse-bin=Lexerd
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Vienna , Virginia
On the east coast here, we have some tunnels that prohibit propane tanks. I have the setting this way to see if the system re-routes automatically. I will report back if it occurs. I agree that this setting is not very helpful for most. Thanks.
K9CarCrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9CarCrate View Post
On the east coast here, we have some tunnels that prohibit propane tanks. I have the setting this way to see if the system re-routes automatically. I will report back if it occurs. I agree that this setting is not very helpful for most. Thanks.

Most propane tank prohibits apply to portable tanks, not the frame mounted tanks found on the Interstate's. You just have to make sure the propane is turned off.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote