Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #1

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Ann Arbor , Michigan
Kenwood DNN992 BT Audio Connection Issue to Samsung Galaxy S10

On our 2016 AI GT Ext with the Kenwood DNN992 the BT connects to Samsung Galaxy S10 for phone calls but not for Audio. On the BT Connection Settings page it shows TEL (HFP) is Connected but for Audio (A2DP) it shows Disconnected (and it's grayed out). It worked just fine for 2 years with a Samsung Galaxy S5 for bot TEL and Audio. I removed the device (S10) and reconnected resulting in the same: phone for calls but no audio. Not sure what else to try.
parios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
J&J In A Can

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Cottonwood , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by parios View Post
On our 2016 AI GT Ext with the Kenwood DNN992 the BT connects to Samsung Galaxy S10 for phone calls but not for Audio. On the BT Connection Settings page it shows TEL (HFP) is Connected but for Audio (A2DP) it shows Disconnected (and it's grayed out). It worked just fine for 2 years with a Samsung Galaxy S5 for bot TEL and Audio. I removed the device (S10) and reconnected resulting in the same: phone for calls but no audio. Not sure what else to try.

The Kenwood audio pairing is, by default, an ipod. You will need to find the menu where you can unpair the ipod and tell it to pair with an Android device.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Try to contact Kenwood for a solution.
The newer phone (S10), BT may not work on audio because of software upgrades on the phone is not compatible with your head unit BT software.
My (S9) does the same thing on my older Kenwood KDC-X995.
I am about to upgrade my head unit.

-Dennis
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by parios View Post
I have found the Bluetooth pairing on the Kenwood to be extremely frustrating. I recommend you clear or delete any previous pairings. Then restart the Kenwood and try again. It might take more than one try. But once a device is paired it seems to work OK. I use it for audio books on an iPad when travelling.

Also I doesn't seem to handle multiple paired devices well.

Good luck,
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote