Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Kanaflex Flexible PVC Heavy Duty Water Suction and Discharge Hose, Clear, 0.75" Hose

I have a reel of Kanaflex hose that will fit the reel on the Interstate. It is the same diameter as the OEM hose and is specifically made for this use. I bought 100' of it and used about 20' to replace the OEM hose on my 2011 Interstate. I've since sold my interstate and no longer need it. I'm doing some house cleaning and need to rid myself of the other 80' of hose. This is in new condition, and I'm willing to give it away to anyone who needs it or any part of it for that matter as this size hose is a bit hard to come by. All I ask is you pay shipping.

If anyone wants any, let me know the length desired and the shipping, and I'll calculate the cost to ship it. USA CONUS only (or Canada).

Let me know.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
I have a reel of Kanaflex hose that will fit the reel on the Interstate. It is the same diameter as the OEM hose and is specifically made for this use. I bought 100' of it and used about 20' to replace the OEM hose on my 2011 Interstate. I've since sold my interstate and no longer need it. I'm doing some house cleaning and need to rid myself of the other 80' of hose. This is in new condition, and I'm willing to give it away to anyone who needs it or any part of it for that matter as this size hose is a bit hard to come by. All I ask is you pay shipping.

If anyone wants any, let me know the length desired and the shipping, and I'll calculate the cost to ship it. USA CONUS only (or Canada).

Let me know.
I’d be glad to take it. Good timing! I’m replacing my second macerator soon so I’ll replace the hose at the same time. PM sent
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
My 20' section of this hose arrived today. Sadly, I ordered it from elsewhere before I realized gmillerok1 had some available. It looks like a perfect replacement. As a result, I appear to have a "delightful" weekend project ahead of me.

(Long story short, the previous owner of our unit managed to fold the existing hose back on itself and wind it backward on the reel, causing a fatal kink and several pinholes. Good news at the moment is that our drippy problem while dumping the tanks is caused by a damaged hose, and is neither a bad reel nor a leaky macerator pump, so this is the least expensive of the three potential failures I was considering.)

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Sorry, all the Kanaflex is gone.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

So is 20' all that will fit on the standard reel? Based on the comments above, I'm guessing it is.

Why ask? Well, the driveway is here and the closest drain is over there and I'm sorta wondering if it can be made to work as an "at home dump station". ( and if so how much work Lazy Bob will have to do to make it work .... )

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #6
C_B

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Lebanon , IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

So is 20' all that will fit on the standard reel? Based on the comments above, I'm guessing it is.

Why ask? Well, the driveway is here and the closest drain is over there and I'm sorta wondering if it can be made to work as an "at home dump station". ( and if so how much work Lazy Bob will have to do to make it work .... )

Bob
Bob, if you spend some time and about $20 in fittings at the hardware store, you can get reducers and fittings down to a male 3/4" garden hose and then use an old water hose to discharge your waste... just use a large diameter hose and it works great.
Chris Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:14 PM   #7

I love that idea. We installed the kanaflex hose and it's working very well, but a more flexible hose that can still gracefully handle the pressure and not have part of the hose collapse while some of it is still on the reel would be very welcome indeed.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:26 PM   #8

BTW, 20 feet of Kanaflex is definitely all that will fit on the reel.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:42 AM   #9
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Ok, so time to get out the tape measure and see just how far it *is* to that drain ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote