Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Hershey , Pennsylvania
Jump Seats Adjustment

Hi Folks, I have a new to me 2017 AI Grand Tour EXT and since having had my van returned from service the two jumps seats won't fold flat. They meet in the middle by there isn't enough clearance to allow them to fold flat. I have a call into Colonial but wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone knows if there is an adjustment that can be made to them. I didn't see any when I looked. Thanks, George
broncowilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Hershey , Pennsylvania
Decided to go out and look yet another time. Other than the platform, there doesn't seem to be any adjustments. This time I forcefully put them flat with a pop. My wife definitely won't be able to lay them flat or for that matter get them back into the upright position. I didn't have to be so forceful in the past to lay them flat. Let me know what your experience is.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The only thing that could affect the jump seats is that the roadside jump seat had been temporarily removed in order to access the electrical systems under the seat and improperly reinstalled.

Does the roadside seat seem to be out of line? A bit crooked, possibly?

I would raise the seat portion and look at the attachment at the hinge area. It is possible that the bolts are not in the proper holes in the steel frame that reinforces the seat belt.
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Hershey , Pennsylvania
There doesn't seem to be any indication that the base of the seat frame was removed. Colonial suggested that I loosen the 4 nuts under the seats and see if there is any adjustment there. I found that there is a bit, but it doesn't make any difference as the pivots on the upper and lower parts of the seat won't allow just the base seat pad to move. I am going to try and loosen the base and see if it will allow me to move it back a bit. Its weird that all of a sudden we are having this issue.