Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Those would be bimmers, not beemers. Beemers are motorcycles. Bummer, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Russ,
Thank you for the feedback. After much discussion my wife and i decided to stick with the std length in black.

Killer e30 as well. I used to own a brilliant rot e30 318is which after I donated to a friend became one of the more successful Lemons cars.
I am now in Watkins Glen and will be here for three days of driving, coaching and instructing.
Tiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiato View Post
Russ,
Thank you for the feedback. After much discussion my wife and i decided to stick with the std length in black.
Tiato,
FYI, be careful with 2013s that's been sitting on a dealer's lot. My dealer didn't keep the house batteries in my Interstate charged adequately or have been discharged to a point they were too badly damaged to be of any use. My dealer ended up replacing both house batteries. If this happens to you, insist that they replace both batteries with Lifeline AGM batteries. Otherwise, you will be pouring over all the battery-life posts on this forum Good luck!
David
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiato View Post
Russ,
I am now in Watkins Glen and will be here for three days of driving, coaching and instructing.
Very jealous! I've never been to The Glen but always wanted to. Some day ....

I think the M42 powered E30's may have been the best of the breed. All the handling potential of the E30 M3 with out the constant threat of a $10k motor rebuild associated with the S14. If I have any regret about my motor swap it's that the car is still just as nose heavy as it was stock. You had one of the good ones!

Enjoy your track weekend!
russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
The glen rocks, but demands respect. Definately a bucket list track. In the BMW club race, one e30 M3 got destroyed and two others popped their S14s.

This past weekend was also good for selling a lot of old race parts and my 24' enclosed ATC trailer. Sold enough stuff to offset the purchase of a trailex 8045 and a little guy teardrop camper that the Interstate will be pulling in the future.

Taking delivery of my 2013 interstate on Wednesday.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
I am now an excited and new owner of a 2013 Interstate. The vehicle totally exceeds my expectations. Also interesting to note is that until driving it home, I had never driven one. From someone that appreciates the feel and dynamics of a vehicle, Mercedes did an amazing job putting this chassis together. Makes my old class C feel like a lumbering sloth. Best of all 60 miles at nearly 21mpg.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #27
MeandMB

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Selbyville , Delaware
Talking New ride

Tito,

What a great day. Hope to get our new rig by mid October from Colonial. How was the service and were you satisfied with the orientation?

congrats

MeandMB
MeandMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandMB View Post
Tito,

What a great day. Hope to get our new rig by mid October from Colonial. How was the service and were you satisfied with the orientation?

congrats

MeandMB
Mine was a 2013 left over so they had it available.

I have had a previous experience with colonial and it was so nice and stress free I went back. It was a surprise that they were the folks who were helping Airstream work the Hershey show. That's where I reconnected with Pat.

Spoke with them for a few hours as well as Airstreams sales manager and Airstreams VP. All stated that colonial is top notch. Those comments validated my prior experience. Made a deal for my 2013 at the show.

Colonial allowed me to come down last night with me Winnebago, which I traded, and before they I even gave them all of the documents, let me stay in the Interstate overnight. Of course I explored the coach and killed time browsing the rest of the many interstates and Airstreams in their lot.

The orientation, despite me knowing a lot about the coach systems, still took an hour and a half. Kevin is a nice guy and takes his time explaining everything. As a matter of fact, knowing I was spending the night, Kevin prepped the table, converted the couch into the bed, fitted the cab night shade, filled the water tank and turned the AC on to cool the coach down for my arrival.

My second deal with Colonial mirrored the first. Low stress, efficient, friendly, thorough, respectfull. Highly recommend them.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I hope you both as previously recommended had the house batteries tested. Well I guess meandMB still has to wait a while before he gets his. Something to consider though.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote