Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #1

Round Top , Texas
Interstate dealers in Texas

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of Mercedes Benz/Airstream Interstate dealers in Texas other than Holiday World in Katy, TX? I would prefer not to deal with them, but may be forced to. We are looking for a 2015 Grand Tour, which they don't currently have, and would even consider ordering one if I could find another dealership. Speaking of ordering, does anyone have experience with ordering and having certain options included? Thank you in advance for your reply's.
rogerm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
There are seven dealers in Texas, all listed on Airstream's dealer page.

Dealer, Airstream Dealer Locator, Travel Trailers | Airstream
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Check closely, not all AS dealers sell Interstates. Peace,Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #4

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
I have been pretty well satisfied with Vogt RV in Fort Worth. They carry a good selection of Interstates and service all the Airstream equipment. For the Sprinter bits, Park Cities Mercedes Benz of Grapevine has done good work including some body work after a fender bender.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
LaPorte , Texas
We live east of Houston and bought our Interstate from Colonial in New Jersey. Price difference was well worth the drive. The manager told me 75 per cent of their business was Internet sales. We were very pleased.
plmulhern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #6

Round Top , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmulhern View Post
We live east of Houston and bought our Interstate from Colonial in New Jersey. Price difference was well worth the drive. The manager told me 75 per cent of their business was Internet sales. We were very pleased.
That's good information - Thank you
rogerm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Just curious why HW in Katy is off your radar?

You may want to consider where you will take your van for service and at least give them a shot at your business on the buy side. I went to 3 dealers and contacted 3 more by phone and internet and my local dealer came out the least expensive in the end.

They didn't start off there, far from it actually, but once I found what I perceived as the bottom price wise, I kept insisting that I wanted to do business with them, but would fly/drive if need be.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
The Austin dealership usually has a good number of Interstates. Have not shopped for an Interstate, but we have found that their sales people know less about Airstream trailers than we do. Not a confidence builder.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Tx dealers

We bought ours in MI even tho living outside San Antonio. They were easier to deal with, and beat the Kyle dealer price by 15K. Since we are up there summers, it works for us. Haven't needed service in TX yet.
camlivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Having internet shopped extensively, my question about Holiday is why is the MSRP listed price on all of their Airstream products significantly higher than all other dealers? I thought that should be what Airstream is suggesting and should be the same for all dealerships.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #11
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWhereTowed View Post
I thought that should be what Airstream is suggesting and should be the same for all dealerships.
Are you referring to a general MSRP for the make and model (usually identified by the phrase "starting at"), or are you talking about a specific MSRP for that particular RV with a specific VIN?

There is no single MSRP for any model of Airstream because every model has options that may or may not be installed on any given unit, and the MSRP for any RV in dealer inventory is for a given unit "as equipped." That will almost always be higher than the "starting at" MSRP for the product line as a whole.

If you compare the installed options for two Airstreams, as long as the installed options are exactly the same, the MSRP should be almost exactly the same. There will be minor differences for the price of delivery from the factory to different dealers; it costs more to ship from Ohio to New Mexico than to Texas, for example— price varies by distance— so you could expect that the MSRP of units in New Mexico should be slightly higher than identical units in Texas.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:48 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
FWIW, HW in League City is probably not worth looking at. We have been there a few times just out of curiosity and because we drive by it almost daily. The most I have ever seen them receive is three and never a GT. I get the feeling that it's HW Katy or some non-local place for serious buyers. The League City sales people do seem to know a bit about Interstates, though. Enough to complain bitterly about the limitations of the coach a/c, for instance.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
HW Katy has a large Inventory. Was just by there. That said, I bought mine at Chilhowee in TN. Got a significantly better price and it was no travel trouble as we visit family near by.
Mcrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #14
Rivet Master

I'm near Dnver, Co......buying my AI GT ext 2016 at Vogt in Ft. Worth, Tx. Brant is my sales guy, got a good price, he's easy to work with, taking good care of me...well worth the trip due to $$$ saved. I researched many regions...this was best deal. Good luck in your search.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Shipping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Are you referring to a general MSRP for the make and model (usually identified by the phrase "starting at"), or are you talking about a specific MSRP for that particular RV with a specific VIN?

There is no single MSRP for any model of Airstream because every model has options that may or may not be installed on any given unit, and the MSRP for any RV in dealer inventory is for a given unit "as equipped." That will almost always be higher than the "starting at" MSRP for the product line as a whole.

If you compare the installed options for two Airstreams, as long as the installed options are exactly the same, the MSRP should be almost exactly the same. There will be minor differences for the price of delivery from the factory to different dealers; it costs more to ship from Ohio to New Mexico than to Texas, for example— price varies by distance— so you could expect that the MSRP of units in New Mexico should be slightly higher than identical units in Texas.
I just spent a week in OH at Airstream and if I'm not mistaken the "Freight Price" is $1334 per unit. At least to Buda and also to GA. Maybe it's less but one company does all of the delivery.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:37 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
We live in Austin and bought ours at Camper Clinic II. Great service all around, and much better than the disaster Holiday Workd was with our first RV purchase! Their facilities are not fancy, but they make up for it in service.
DaddysBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #17
J&J In A Can

Cottonwood , Arizona
We ordered ours from Orlando RV in Winter Park, FL. They would order anything we wanted and still gave us a very good discount off of MSRP. It more than made the trip from Seattle worth it. Good luck!