Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Interstate Dealer that trades cars/suvs?

Does anyone know of a Mercedes Interstate dealer who takes trades on automobiles? All of the ones that I've found are RV dealers (maybe that's par for the course.)
RavenDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
An Interstate is an Airdtream Product sold new only at authorized dealers. Mercedes dealers only sell Sprinters in either cargo or passenger version. There are many companies like Airstream who sell Class B motorhomes built on the Sprinter chassis. Some AS dealers sell Interstates and some do not. One of the AS dealers who sells Interstates may take trades. Try Colonial in NJ. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
You might try Foley RV in Gulfport. I don't know if they'll take cars in trade, but owner Rick Foley is also part-owner of Turan-Foley Chevrolet, located right next door. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDog View Post
Does anyone know of a Mercedes Interstate dealer who takes trades on automobiles? All of the ones that I've found are RV dealers (maybe that's par for the course.)
I bought my Interstate earlier this year from Schumacher European, a Mercedes Benz dealer in Scottsdale, Arizona. I'm pretty happy with the way the sales process went through. There are some other advantages: I get a free loaner - usually a Mercedes - when I take my Interstate in for any sort of work. And they treat customers well.
I had an FJ Cruiser and Flying Cloud 19' I wanted to trade in. Joe from Schumacher arranged a pretty good deal for me with Desert Autoplex in Phoenix; they are a new Airstream dealer in AZ.
The downside? Schumacher are not quite up to speed with everything Airstream yet. I have been in contact with Airstream and Schumacher about it and things seem to be improving.
We all appeared to end up quite happy about it.
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Thanks for the replies! They've been helpful.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
When I was shopping I ran across two car dealers also selling Interstates. One was Reliable RV aka Reliable Import in Springfield MO. A quick google search indicates that they are still selling both Airstreams and cars. The other was the MB dealer in Kansas City. I can't find any indication now that they are still selling Interstates but you might find something if you look harder than I did.
russ240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Tommy Bahama
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Interstate Dealer that trades Cars/SUVs

I believe Crain RV in Little Rock, Arkansas will accept these types of trades. They have a large inventory of Airstreams, including Interstates, and they have several car dealerships in the same metropolitan area.
Rick
rperrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Mercedes Benz of Kansas City sells Sprinters and Interstates. 816-943-7000

Ask for Ernie Temple.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
I bought my Interstate at Arbogast RV in Troy, Ohio. They also have a Buick/GMC dealership and they sell van conversions, too. I'll bet they would take a trade-in. Here's their web site: Dave Arbogast RV Depot | Fifthwheels, Toy Haulers & Motorhomes | Dayton Ohio RV Dealer

John W
MotorCity57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Thanks for the leads...
Old 08-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
I bought my Interstate at Arbogast RV in Troy, Ohio. They also have a Buick/GMC dealership and they sell van conversions, too. I'll bet they would take a trade-in. Here's their web site: Dave Arbogast RV Depot | Fifthwheels, Toy Haulers & Motorhomes | Dayton Ohio RV Dealer

John W
I have a 2014 ordered through Arbogasts, what has your experience been with them? What is your opinion of their service department?
Jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
Jeff,
I have only used Arbogast's service department once since I got my 2012 Interstate, because 1) I haven't had any major issues with the RV and 2) I live in Michigan, 3+ hours away, so I have routine service done at a local shop. The one time I had to stop at Arbogast, they were very accommodating - they made room for me on a Saturday (I had called ahead) and they were able to fix the problem while I waited. They have a nice, state-of-the-art facility, and I really have nothing bad to say about them.

John
Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
Jeff,
I should add that you'll have to find a Mercedes or Freightliner dealer to perform maintenance on the 'Sprinter' part of your Interstate. Not all Mercedes dealers are authorized to work on Sprinters. I was lucky enough to have a Freightliner shop within 5 miles of my home, so I have all the oil changes & scheduled 10k maintenance done there.
John
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDog View Post
Ravendog; If you have found no dealer to take your car in trade on an Interstate, try going online to AutoTrader.com.On that website there is a link to have your trade appraised, find list of dealers near you who buy them or those not near who can arrange to pick it up. The trade-in value will be based on the NADA trade-in value with allowance for market trend in your area and you will get a check for the purchase of your car(actually more fair and easier than dickering w/dealers of what you want to trade for) from AutoTrader or one of their subscribing dealers. We did that with our car when we were ready to buy our Avenue. There is no cost for the appraisal. Be sure to be accurate with your describtion of your vehicle. Once the one buying verifies the facts your actual check may vary if the vehicle is different from your description. We were well pleased with our trade value and it was more than we were offered anywhere we inquired before we knew about AutoTrader.
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
Jeff,
I should add that you'll have to find a Mercedes or Freightliner dealer to perform maintenance on the 'Sprinter' part of your Interstate. Not all Mercedes dealers are authorized to work on Sprinters. I was lucky enough to have a Freightliner shop within 5 miles of my home, so I have all the oil changes & scheduled 10k maintenance done there.
John
If you buy new, you might not even have the option of Freightliner dealers until the warranty expires. Some states have laws that forbid cross-brand warranty work. For example, in Louisiana I can only get warranty work on my Sprinter done at an authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer (Baton Rouge) even though there's a Freightliner dealer closer (Slidell). But once the warranty expires, my options open up.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Last I heard (from a Freightliner dealer): “There are 12 states where MB Dealers and FTL Dealers cannot cross service brands for warranty work. Those states are: Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Vermont. This is due to state restrictions/state laws."

Silly laws, IMHO.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote