Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Interior Tour 2018 AI Tommy Bahama Video

This video series was create out of desperation. I was selling my 2017 Airstream 25 ft. flying cloud and no one was contacting me. The price was right, the unit was almost brand new, no one seller had this trailer to sell and my new Airstream was ordered. The delivery was in two months. I also had two cars I wanted to sell and household items. I have owned a training company that taught dealership how to sell their products for over 40 years. I felt like such fraud when my items did not sell. quickly at the price offered.

Then the notion came to me of using all the skills I have taught in the past and doing a video NOT focused on selling my items. Instead, explaining what I learned about how to use my trailer (and other items) while I owned them. I also did not want to just state a bunch of features without emphasizing what the feature did for my enjoyment. I uploaded the video to YouTube followed by linking the it to my online selling sites (Example: RVtrader). One week after the video was linked to my online selling sites, the Flying Cloud was sold for asking price. The results on all the other items including the two cars were similar.

So now I provide you, my fellow Airstreamer’s and RVers with this video series. I call it, “2018 Airstream Interstate for Newbies”. It focuses on the interior to mid-cabin. It has an agenda showing you where items are covered in the video. I wish somebody, anybody would have done this for me. Enjoy, like and PLEASE comments so I can improve the second video on InfoTainment and Technology. I want my videos to improve during each of this series. Thank you.

YouTube Link pt#1: https://youtu.be/gU9xmbLLjp4

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas

That deserves a clappy x100 just based on the first 60 seconds alone, because there are time stamps for specific sub-topics of interest.

Oh, what would life be like if EVERYONE extended that courtesy on YouTube?!
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Prof. of Pending Projects

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Learned a couple of things. Thank you. Made a few comments in the video. This was great. Thank you for taking the time to make these.
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
2021 25' Globetrotter
2007 Interstate
Little Rock , Arkansas
Great Video! Thanks for sharing!
2021 25' Globetrotter FT, 2006/07 Interstate
2010 GMC 2500HD Sierra Crew 4x Diesel
duckdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Thank you "InterBlog"

Thank you, I thought everyone would enjoy the extra effort. I watch lots of product presentations for high-end 45 ft. buses. They are an hour plus with no time stamps. It makes me not want to watch sometimes. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post

That deserves a clappy x100 just based on the first 60 seconds alone, because there are time stamps for specific sub-topics of interest.

Oh, what would life be like if EVERYONE extended that courtesy on YouTube?!

Old 02-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Thank You "Wachuko"

You were so brave to do so much to your AI even before you actually took deliver. Your post allowed all of us to join you and your family journey. The thanks goes to YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Learned a couple of things. Thank you. Made a few comments in the video. This was great. Thank you for taking the time to make these.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Palm Beach Gardens , Florida
Very nice video! Thanks for sharing. -John
John Geisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #8
Prof. of Pending Projects

Orlando , Florida
As I mentioned in the comments on YouTube.. taking notes and adding stuff to my wish list in Amazon:

Tension rods in the fridge - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44053-W...cm_wl_huc_item

Cabinet liners to wrap for the bottles!!! Here we were going to make socks for those... and will get a few more liners to use in the cabinets as well... I have that stuff in my toolbox at home... never occurred to me to use it for the bottles... During our first trip we improvised with a scarf...

I also want to get a 16"x20" bamboo cutting board to use over the stove top and increase counter space... something like this link

Also, and not sure if you mentioned it in the video... leaving the fridge/freezer door open during storage to avoid mold. We place a box of baking soda, some of those Damprid (or similar) moisture absorber products, and leave the door slightly open... saw that first in another video before we bought our AI...
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Hephzibah , Georgia
Thumbs up AI Bathroom Dimmable Light Switch (battery)

Great video!!!

Thought I would add our solution to light in the bathroom.

We use a battery powered light switch that can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond or WalMart for less than $5 that is dimmable and has the form factor of a regular residential light switch. It is installed as stick on or Velcro mounted. Photo is attached.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery light switch dimmable.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	303760  
MISGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
2018 Airstream Interstate Interior Tour Series

This is Part #2 of my series, "2018 Airstream Interstate for Newbies". Pleas share with anyone that can use the data. I focuses on the mid-cabin to using the coach as a home office. It is not a product dump as most sales consultants do on YouTube. Instead it is how to use certain features as a consumer by a consumer.

When watching the YouTube link, Please like and or comments. I really want this series to be a good one. It seems the Airstream Interstate is not explained or presented much on the internet or YouTube. Hope to change that.

Thank you.

YouTube Link for Video: https://youtu.be/oqkmqxARZJk

Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Third in the Video Series-2018 Airstream Interstate for Newbee's

This is the third installment of a video series created for those venturing into the purchase of a new or gently owned Airstream Interstate. I provide an agenda upfront in the video to show the topics locations to save time.
This installment focuses on Fusion Infotainment system, SiriusXM information, Interstate Safety Options and Oil Change frequency thoughts.

Love your LIKES on YouTube if it is helpful at all. Would appreciate a comment positive or constructive, on how I can improve any part of the video series.

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/08nthkfNEjA

Again, designed for new folks to RVing or new to the Interstate.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Thanks to everyone for your positive support

I have gotten lots of PM's, YouTube likes and emails on this video series. Thank you to every one. It is my pleasure to be associated with kind folks like all of you.

Enjoy the summer and see you all on the road.

Gary T.