Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boonville , Missouri
Interesting Kids Beds - We're going to try

As my name on the forum might indicate, I'm an "old" first time dad. We primarily use our AI as a road-tripping machine rather than a camper. However, I ran across this product that may change our view a bit. It claims to allow the addition of two Kids beds in the cab. I ordered it today and we are going to give it a try. I'll let the forum know how it goes. http://www.cabbunk.co.uk/
NewOldDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las vegas , Washington
I will be very interested in your impressions of this product. Ive seen a few similar versions on Pinterest or YouTube but never any feedback on how the kids like these cots and whether they are comfy enough for a weeklong trip. Hope you have a chance to repost after your kids have slept in it. Good luck.
elgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Nice find and a very clever idea. I've seen some DIY approaches that are similar, but nothing with 2 bunks. Figures this comes from the UK. The Europeans are used to traveling with families in small "caravans" and they need to make use of every inch of space.

Please report back on how they work out!
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Boonville , Missouri
Cabbunk First Impressions

Last Thursday we were able to give the Cabbunk a try at Arrow Rock State Historic Site in Missouri. My kids, aged 7 and 9 gave it a thumbs up. I think with a few more adjustments, I can make it more comfortable for them. Now the 50 degree temperature swing between the afternoon and the morning was another thing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabbunk.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	297930  
Old 10-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldDad View Post
Last Thursday we were able to give the Cabbunk a try at Arrow Rock State Historic Site in Missouri. My kids, aged 7 and 9 gave it a thumbs up. I think with a few more adjustments, I can make it more comfortable for them. Now the 50 degree temperature swing between the afternoon and the morning was another thing...
Looks like you need the sliding door kit to use in the AI?
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Interesting Kids Beds - We're going to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldDad View Post
Last Thursday we were able to give the Cabbunk a try at Arrow Rock State Historic Site in Missouri. My kids, aged 7 and 9 gave it a thumbs up. I think with a few more adjustments, I can make it more comfortable for them..

Thanks for the update. I think their smiles say a lot about what they think.

What changes are you planning to make?
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:09 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hey, that looks really cool!

My grandkids would have loved those.

Congratulations on finding a way...

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
If I was taking a young child along, I'd be all over one of these. Very kewl product.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

St amant , Louisiana
Great pic of the kids!
I am in the process of figuring something out for my two kids as well.
Just curious, how did the vertical bar which runs up the two sides attach to the van? Would you mind sending some pics of those areas or a bit of a description?

Thanks and congrats on making some smiles!
SwampRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Boonville , Missouri
Forum, sorry for the delay. Yes, in answer to the previous questions, I did get the sliding door kit. The kit itself is really just 2 steel bars you would find at home depot to hang heavy duty adjustable shelving on the wall. It is a U shaped perforated bar with two slots per position. In addition to the shelving standards, cabbunk sends a modified clothes rod holder that fits into the slots. I had to modify the driver's side bar (5" shorter) to fit under the open shelf in my unit. The bars have rubber feet on them, which I placed in the tie-down rings in the floor of the sprinter. As advertised, I didn't really affix the rearward part of the apparatus to anything.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #11

2012 Interstate Coach
Boca Raton , FL
Hello, I'm new to this forum and was interested in the Cabbunk but not sure how my kids will like it. Before spending big bucks on a new one, I was wondering if anyone had one they never use or kids outgrew that they would consider selling?
79Camper is offline   Reply With Quote