Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
You also have a standard pleasure-use policy. Mine is a full-timer policy because of the multiple ways I use it.
We had full timer on the trailer, it wasn’t that much more.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post
Our progressive policy cost rose 30% last year. We protested, shopped it around. Turns out they were still competitive for that coverage (full-timer agreed value). And considering the disappearing deductible (which we were unlucky enough to use some yrs ago) we realized this was still our best deal.
Ah, yes, the disappearing deductible. I contemplated raising our deductible to $5,000 this year, but then I canned the idea when I realized that the thing is under-insured as it is (even with the agreed value policy, because of all the work and money we put into it). One way to offset under-insurance is to have little or no deductible.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:54 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
In a bind for a binder!

Need some advice where to turn. We are planning to take delivery of our first motor home this coming Saturday. A brand new Interstate 19 purchased at Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ and we are super excited! Everything was in order, flight reservations from our home in SC, funds wired to dealer, family in the area meeting us with cameras, itinerary planned for trip home, insurance quote from USAA/Progressive (50 year member), etc. Called yesterday to bind the quote starting with delivery 10/13. They refuse to insure us because we live in SC and we are under a tropical storm warning! The little ‘shorty’ is in NJ out of harms way. Progressive’s USAA representative mentioned 2 other companies that partner with USAA that I might try...never heard of them. Frustrated in SC and asking for any advice the forum member might have. Thx in advance.
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
..... Progressive’s USAA representative mentioned 2 other companies that partner with USAA that I might try...never heard of them. ....
The thing is currently at Cat 4 (Hurricane Michael). It's stronger than they predicted and it's probably going to sustain hurricane force conditions across a sizable swath of the south. For comparison, Katrina delivered winds near hurricane strength as far inland as the TN-KY border! I had relatives in central MS who were knocked off the grid for 3 weeks, not to mention the property damage.

My point being, I would be surprised if you get any movement on this insurance issue until Michael starts heading back out to sea sometime in the wee hours of Friday morning, thus Monday for resumption of business transactions. This is typical underwriting behavior. It's all-stop when there is a disaster looming. It doesn't matter if you are in the path or not - it's based on the address on your policy.

That being said, I wouldn't mind knowing the names of the other companies Progressive mentioned, and if they are able to offer any stop-gap products.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote