Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2017, 02:32 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
The genny is adequate at best. You can't run water heaters, micro ,etc with ac on and genny running. At least I couldn't when I owned mine,

Agree - on generator you can only have A/C on and all other things off. If you turn on water heater or microwave it will cause power management system to cycle power.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #122
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Hi. Newly here. Bought a new 2017 AS Interstate Lounge about 3 months ago. Sorry for my naivety. When running the coach A/C, using generator power, the A/C runs for about a minute then cuts off. A few minutes later it starts back up, and runs for a minute or two, then cuts off, and continually repeats this. Needless to say, nobody in the back gets a comfortable temp. The power control center has lights that come on in this order: "micro-coffee-A/C-w/h." All 4 lights are on when the A/C is running (as expected), but then they go off in reverse order; when the A/C light goes off, so does the A/C. It seems to me that I should be able to run the A/C with the generator as long as needed. Any suggestions here? Thanks in advance. Jay (Shihan)

Are the water heater electric switch or the microwave are also ON, or another high load is plugged into the 120v outlet? Any of these could overload the generator and cause the load shedding circuit to act?
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #123

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Port Charlotte , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air99 View Post
Are the water heater electric switch or the microwave are also ON, or another high load is plugged into the 120v outlet? Any of these could overload the generator and cause the load shedding circuit to act?
Nothing else is plugged in or running, except for the refrigerator. There must be a hidden drain on the power. I don't have a lot of faith in our local RV Dealer's service dept, but I think I'll let them have a crack at it.
Shihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredstagn View Post
How do you think the price for courting the aircorn system would be?
3 things:

1. You posted on an over 4 yr old dormant thread.
2. You do not provide any info on your current equipment.
3. What the heck does your question mean?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote