Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
I did look I really did

ok I did a couple of searches but must not have the right key words, but just where does on turn off the water pump when connected to city water? as we speak we are sitting in a lovely park on the side of mount hood. The goal for today is to try as many systems as we can to make sure every thing really does work. So far so good all major systems seem to work fine. Hooked it up to "city water" but when I turn on the sink the water pump still come on. In my boat there is a switch right by the galley sink to tun it on and off. There are two or three places where the manual tells you to shut off the pump (mostly for long term storage) but never tells you where. I pulled the fuse for the pump just to make sure it does run with city water so there are no major failures. But were is that darn switch or is something amiss with a pressure switch?
bennu36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
ok I am officially the dumb guy. You might get a laugh out of this, whenwe did the walk through the guy Mike point to each switch and told us what it was. We had decided to wait till I got the right tape for my brother labeler before putt permanent labels. So we put up some blue painter masking tape and wrote a number on each one. Then my wife wrote down the number and an explanation of the function of the switch.

Here we are and I am running around testing systems and hence the aforementioned water pump issue. well I cam out sat down wrote the above note. Then said .. well lets get to ding those labels. We started with the 3 by the sliding door ( just one side note Mike got it wrong about the red lighted one), then moved on to the one over the second row chair...... then came the 3 over the sink and I will be a son of a gun if the middle one isnt the water pump. anyway I am now the holder of the dumb guy award.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1992 34' Limited
Grand Island , Nebraska
We've all got a list of stories we could tell . . . if we would! If you're new to RVing you need to watch Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz in, The Long, Long Trailer. Also Robin Williams' movie titled, RV. You'll think you're smart in comparison!

Happy camping!

Gene
Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Look on your monitor panel where you see the lights that tell you how full your grey and black tanks are. One of the buttons on the bottom should be your pump on/off button. I hope! :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Look on your monitor panel where you see the lights that tell you how full your grey and black tanks are. One of the buttons on the bottom should be your pump on/off button. I hope! :-)
Not on an Interstate. The monitor panel for the tanks is in the rear curb-side overhead locker, not anywhere convenient. On the other hand, the pump switch is over the galley sink, in a very convenient spot.

And a question for Bennu36 - Is your step lock switch (second one from the sliding side door) upside down like mine, where up=off and down=on?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Front Royal , Virginia
If you are standing at the sink, look up under the bottom of the cabinet. There are 3 switches and it is the middle switch (hopefully).

SGT DAVE
SGT DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Oops! Missed the topic entirely! My bad....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #8

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Is your step lock switch (second one from the sliding side door) upside down like mine, where up=off and down=on?
That is the way to works on my 2013 Interstate. Not exactly intuitive is it?

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
This is how ours is set up, and is labeled "pump". It's not as simple as it might seem, is it!

We all have a learning curve, and it really never stops. Always something new.

Maggie
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
Vincennes , Indiana
In my 2010 the water pump button is located above the sink. It's the center of three rocker switches. As SGT Dave said.
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
its in the same place put in the up on down off like all the others
Old 08-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Still can't believe AS didn't label all of the switches until about a year ago.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote