Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Cedar Park , Texas
Fusion random off/on resolved- maybe

History. At some point the system began it sometimes turn on when I started the van, and other times not. At other times the buttons would flash blue and the unit would not turn on. This week I decided to tackle the problem as on this trip it would not turn on.. First step, pull the unit and check for power. No issue, clearly getting 12 volts. Thought it must be the unit itself with some type of internal issue. As we are on the road, replacing it now didn’t seem smart so I put it back together. To my surprise it turned on. However, next morning flashing blue lights. So I decided to pull it again. I forgot to turn off the power, luckily, and as I pulled the number 1 connector in the secondary harness the unit turned on. Pulled the manual and discovered that harness serves the camera video on the unit, which I don’t have, a remote video connection, which I don’t use, can not remember the third but it was a aux video of some sort. So i left it disconnected and for three days the unit is running perfectly. My thought is since, none of the connections to that harness are connected they must just be hanging loose and from time to time must touch something back there that causes a problem. Back on the road tomorrow so cross your figures for me. I’ll do a follow up in a couple of weeks to inform all if this indeed is the issue.
billramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:38 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Cedar Park , Texas
Follow up

Okay, as promised been a couple of weeks! The Fusion is working just fine. Our thought is the loose unconnected ends on the harness were just hanging in the back of the unit and probably on occasion sparked against some metal and caused the issue.
billramp is offline   Reply With Quote