Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2018, 12:10 AM   #101
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Sorry Gents these techie talks remind me so much of the DOS era when I was putting them PCs together...circa 1990 [emoji24] Thank goodness I’m a Google map fanboy on iPhone now [emoji106]
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
God help me, I’m still putting operating systems and security settings into PCs. And I though I retired...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #103
1 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
Broomfield , Colorado
Regarding the "can't unlock maps" issue - I just spoke to Corey at Fusion Entertainment support and he had me send him (to forward to someone else), the GarminDevice.xml file generated by the unit. They think they may be able to diagnose the issue just by seeing what's in that file. I sent it in. Will let you know if I get a response and/or solution....
blyon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #104
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
You guys are seeing version 3.6?? I have 3.5 and last time I try to update it...it stayed on version 3.5... will give it a go again tonight when I get home... that is weird...
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #105
1 Rivet Member

Broomfield , Colorado
My Fusion unit says 3.6 - the updates at the fusionentertainment.com site says 3.6. But when I'm on Garmin Express, it says on 3.5. Go figure.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
You guys are seeing version 3.6?? I have 3.5 and last time I try to update it...it stayed on version 3.5... will give it a go again tonight when I get home... that is weird...

You probably know this already, but honestly, unless it's not working, you may want to leave it alone......
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #107
SWH
4 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Cordova , Tennessee
Fusion is a dead product????

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyon3
Regarding the "can't unlock maps" issue - I just spoke to Corey at Fusion Entertainment support and he had me send him (to forward to someone else), the GarminDevice.xml file generated by the unit. They think they may be able to diagnose the issue just by seeing what's in that file. I sent it in. Will let you know if I get a response and/or solution....

Any response from Fusion? Just wondering if they’ve solved the can’t unlock maps issue so many of us are having. Thanks.
SWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWH View Post
Any response from Fusion? Just wondering if they’ve solved the can’t unlock maps issue so many of us are having. Thanks.
Nothing yet. I ended up sending them pretty much the entire contents of my USB stick (with the large map files truncated to 0 bytes). I pinged Cory yesterday afternoon to see if they'd made any progress, but no response yet...
Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #109
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Why cant they design this so you can do updates, add apps, etc from your home wi-fi
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #110
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
Why cant they design this so you can do updates, add apps, etc from your home wi-fi
MANSDERM161 - coz they don't realize they are about to get extinct as the "herd is coming" to trample them down (credit FLYFISHINRVR)
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 AM   #111

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Was able to do the 3.60 upgrade today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2771.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	314148  
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #112
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Was able to do the 3.60 upgrade today...
Same process as before?

Also, what changed between 3.5 and 3.6?
Old 06-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #113
GREAT ESCAPES

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tenafly , New Jersey
iPOD FUSION Issues: Has anyone experience their iPod not syncing up with the new Fusion platform; my iPod works through each of our vehicle's radios with no problems. However, that same iPod, as well as another iPod doesn't sync when connected via the FUSION USB connector?

I performed the FSUION update, and still not working...
scott.semone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #114
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Im going to try it today too
Old 06-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #115
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
MANSDERM161 - coz they don't realize they are about to get extinct as the "herd is coming" to trample them down (credit FLYFISHINRVR)
LOL!

Airstream is a conservative company. From the start, their mantra has been "we don't make changes, we make improvements". I view them as the Honda of the RV industry. Cautious. As a result, others are going to innovate past them. If/when the "herd's" construction materials and build quality surpasses Airstream's, then like Honda, they'll start to fall behind in sales as compared to their competitors.

I will be watching their Atlas for signs of the future. I believe the smaller C market is the sweet spot, as LTV has known for many years now (just returned from a 1,000 mile business trip and the number of C/C- rigs on the road far surpassed the number of B vans). IMO their materials, construction, and build quality are better than Airstream's, yet they have kept their prices at an affordable level. As a result, their orders are out as much as 12 months on some of the most popular floor plans, which the Atlas is a direct copy of (the LTV Murphy bed layout). When I look at the LTV Unity MB at a MSRP of $133k vs. the Atlas at a MSRP of $221k, I struggle with AS's decision to price it where they have.

Back to Mansderm's question, they could. All the tech is there in the Fusion to do it (WiFi, Apps, etc), so all it would take is for Garmin to make the decision to "make it so".....
Old 06-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #116

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Same process as before?

Also, what changed between 3.5 and 3.6?
Same process...

What changed? .5 to .6 man... look at it!

In all seriousness... I forgot to read the changes to see what was new

I did find out something today... that chime/sound that always came on out of nowhere and with no pattern (I thought it was school zone, speed, tilt angle, etc.)... I was able to take a photo of the message displayed when it comes on!!

Recreational Vehicle Accessibility Unknown

There you go... mystery solved (maybe someone else mentioned it, but I had not seen it...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2773.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	314167  
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I could not get it to download up date. I created Usb, downloaded, installed the usb and it said preparing and then nothing happened. No screen pop up no changes?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I did notice you downloaded from garmin express, i downloaded from fusion.... ill try garmin express and see how it goes. I did use garmin express for my portable gps and it went smoothly. Fingers crossed
Old 06-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #119
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.semone View Post
iPOD FUSION Issues: Has anyone experience their iPod not syncing up with the new Fusion platform; my iPod works through each of our vehicle's radios with no problems. However, that same iPod, as well as another iPod doesn't sync when connected via the FUSION USB connector?
Technically, the Fusion USB connector is "supposed to be" used only for updates and not sync'ing Android, iPod, or charging as a lot of us have tried to do before. If you have followed a few of the different Fusion threads, many of us have seen unpredictable behaviour when any such device is plugged into it. The practice (for those of us seeing the weird behaviour) is to never plug anything in it.

Quote:
I did find out something today... that chime/sound that always came on out of nowhere and with no pattern (I thought it was school zone, speed, tilt angle, etc.)... I was able to take a photo of the message displayed when it comes on!!

Recreational Vehicle Accessibility Unknown

There you go... mystery solved (maybe someone else mentioned it, but I had not seen it...)
WOW! I have been trying to catch that elusive mystery 'ding' since Day 1. I hope you weren't driving with your eyes on Fusion rather than the road to catch it. Coz that would've been the only way I would've caught it. Nice catch! PS - Maybe the message popped up longer for you to see because you have the newer s/w update?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I was able to update software to 3.6. Did you do the 2018 maps? After it downloaded "everything" to usb, it said plug in dash to complete update, which I did. When I came back in, garmin on computer was showing an update to 2018 maps. So I guess that was not automatic with the first step. My system info says 2015 maps. If you did the maps, can you do on same usb, or did you start over with clean card or usb?