Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Lakewood Ranch , Florida
Firefly Bridge Location

I just got back from a trip to Niagara Falls and while in Canada the Firefly started reading the Chassis battery at 1.3 volts. This was fixed number and never changed. I emailed Firefly and they said a loose wire from the bridge or a bad bridge. So, before I start disassembling the coach, does anyone have a clue where the bridge may be?

Dave
Brezzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:39 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Mine reads the coach battery a bit low.

There are two small PC boards behind the panel with the display. I have asked in the past what they might be without getting a definitive answer. They are not directly wired to the display. I have explored the coach and have not found anything else that might qualify as a "bridge."
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Lakewood Ranch , Florida
John Thank You. I decided to pull off the panel and follow the wires. Which led me back to the wiring mess by the inverter. After sitting there mulling over the way it should logicly work, which I discounted pretty quickly (Habit I developed working with the Government) I looked for any connections to the chassis battery and low and behold I found a wire coming off the BIM that had a fuse holder.
So i considered the possibilities of why and then just checked it and the 2amp fuse was blown.
Replaced it and my proper voltage is now displaying. Never would have guessed that Firefly was pulling the voltage from the BIM. But after thinking about it, Why not? it works and kind of makes since.
Brezzin is offline   Reply With Quote