Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bellingham , Washington
Fiamma Awning repair, Texas

We were in some very stiff winds in Death Valley area a couple of weeks back. Besides having an EGR valve failure causing Limp Home Mode and being towed into Las Vegas from Pahrump for that warranty repair, the awning tried to self deploy due to the wind with the auto retract feature trying to auto retract. The result is stripped gears in the motor. The awning is now Velcro strapped and duct taped to hold it in place until we can find a repair. The duct tape is a pretty good match for Airstream Silver.

We are currently in San Antonio, will head to South Padre, then back up the Coast with a diversion to Waco, then back to the Gulf Coast to head east. Are there any recommendations for a Fiamma repair facility located generally along our route?

TIA,

Bill
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
That is a tough one. You can call Holiday World in Katy Texas. I have limited experience with them, but they are an Airstream Dealer.
Mcrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
N. Hollywood , California
I bought some replacement parts from Fiamma last year when the plastic shock absorbers broke on my awning.
You could email fiamma1@fiamma.com
I think they're in Florida maybe they can help
Good luck
Colin
mrcolin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
I just learned of RV Masters on Bingle. Was just told they are very good.
Mcrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Argyle , Texas
Since you are coming to Waco, North Dallas RV, certified Airstream repair, is located in CarrolltonTX. a suburb of North Dallas. They are a bit tricky to get into - with all the construction on I-35E, but doable. If they cannot help you, they can direct you, hopefully. The person you need to speak to is Randy. 972-242-0404 or 800-359-6378. Good luck.

I would think the recommendation to contact the awning company direct would be your very best bet.
Betty Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
I know that low/empty DEF tank can lead to a restart countdown, and at 0 the engine will not start. But I would like to understand what kind of limp-home is encountered with a failed EGR valve. Needing to be towed does not sound like limping home. I thought that some types of problems caused the computer to limit engine power or vehicle speed. When our EGR valve became sluggish the engine first had a slight hesitation upon mild acceleration. The hesitation got progressively worse and worse to where we found the nearest dealer soon as we could. But, fortunately, we never encountered an intentionally-programmed limp home more. In fact, our EGR valve problem never even triggered a CEL but was diagnosed by plugging in a scan tool.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
If you spend time in Waco, suggest you visit the Texas Rangers Museum (near Baylor U.). Some unique Texas history. And more heirloom guns than you will ever see in one place. Look for the statue of the ranger famous for the apocryphal quote "One riot, one ranger".
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote