Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Little Rock , Arkansas
End of Warranty Round Two

2019 AI GT one year warranty is up. Took care of some minor items at the end of August, including a power shade issue and drawers that flew open just making a routine right turn. Both items still need attention.

The driver side night shade hangs up when lowered. Dealer replaced the motor, but I donít think that was the problem.

Airstream sent 10lb pulls to replace the stock 3lb drawer pulls. Really fixed the problem. Drawers now donít open at all. At least, my fingers cannot grip the little pop out pulls hard enough to open the drawers. Using a piece of rubberized shelf liner and gripping with both hands, I can yank the drawers open. But, my wife canít. Will be interesting to see the proposed solution. Wonder if thereís something between 3 and 10lbs? Otherwise, Iím thinking of installing more traditional handles that we can grab and yank.

New problem: power step will not open. Noticed this when I got home from the last warranty work, but thought it was related to dead batteries. Anyhow, batteries now working ok and staying charged, but step wonít deploy. So far, Iím sufficiently nimble to get in and out, but donít think I should have to carry a portable step!

Final issue: just noticed this morning, the sliding doors above the cockpit fell into the storage shelf! Looks like the lower track adhesive melted, and the track slid forward off the frame. Itís been hot here in central Arkansas, but Iíve never seen such a meltdown in any of my four previous rvís!

So, off to the dealer in the morning. Fortunately, weíre close.
hirstpb is offline   Reply With Quote