Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Magnum MMS Series 1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Thank you. It is looking better now. I left it at dealer, at minimum it will be hooked up for 24 hrs and depending on when I can pick it back up, may end up being there for a couple more days, due to weekend when service dept. is closed. That would actually be good, to have it in "burn-in" test mode, which at this point I don't mind and dealer doesn't mind.

The AI only comes with Magnum 1,000w inverter/converter 50A charger. And I also do not know how the A/C running (or not) accelerated the speed at which the inverter started to overheat & burn up. I never made the connection between A/C & inverter, because when I was doing my own checking before deciding it was ok to drive it back 550miles, I had no choice but to run the A/C using gen power because it was very hot in CO. And then I would turn on/off the ckt. brkr. of inverter to test for burning. But in the dealer's shop, since they could shut off everything, they were able to observe how fast the problem manifested with A/C on vs. A/C off. I don't see any reason for tech to say this out of the blue (or worse, make it up), because it does not impact which component he isolated as the cause, just the speed of the problem manifesting.

I know it does not make sense how the inverter could be related to A/C running on shore power. All I can think of (wild guess) is when AI is plugged into to shore power, the converter system automatically charges the batteries. But depending on how much power is being used by lights & appliances, only the surplus is used to charge the batteries. Guessing maybe the Magnum logic has been damaged and is not trimming appropriately to match available surplus power and still attempting to pump max 50A charging batts ? Yeah, not my best theory, even I am grasping

Forgot: Magnum MMS Series 1012 with AC transfer switch circuitry
Thanks for providing the model #.

I found the PDF of the Magnum manual:
http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...MMS-Series.pdf

That looks like a very nice, compact, pure sine wave (PSW) inverter, with essentially all of the features of our MS2000.

What I was asking about the internal automatic transfer switch (ATS) is indeed the case. It does have one. See page 8. It shows a typical installation where there is a main panel (the main 120Vac breaker panel in your AI) that supplies 120V to the Magnum 1012 (it should have its own breaker in the main panel). The 120V power goes in, thru the ATS, and right back out to a sub-panel (optional). That sub-panel (if present) has breakers for any loads that the inverter can power -- typically some outlets, maybe the fridge, etc.

The reason for the sub-panel is that the ATS is only rated for 20A -- most RVs have 30A main breakers -- and the inverter, which is rated at 1,000W (actually V/A) can only handle so much.

In our case, the MS2000 has a 30A transfer switch, and I wanted it to be able to (theoretically) run everything (not all at once of course), including the microwave, so I did not use a sub-panel. All incoming shore power goes thru the ATS in the MS2000 first, and then to the 30A main breaker. So in our case, the power for the A/C *does* go thru the ATS. In that configuration, having a heavy load like the A/C, water heater, or microwave running might very well contribute to or cause an internal issue with the MS2000 -- the ATS contacts, the AC wiring connections, etc.

In your case however, I am still at a loss as to why the A/C would be involved. The inverter clearly is not capable of powering the A/C. Even if it could, the batteries would die very quickly. So the power for the A/C unit should not go thru the inverter. It should be fed from the main panel, completely bypassing the ATS in the inverter.

Now I'm very curious.

Does AS make their wiring diagrams available?
sajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #62
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post
What you say is logical and it is the way it should work. But it does not!

The Magnum has a configuration setting on how much charge it delivers to the battery. It will attempt to pull enough AC current to enable that charging no matter what. Airstream has configured that in the low setting. I changed mine to high (as it should be) and that caused the fuse to blow. You could not run the AC and Magnum at the same time as a result.
Not to pick on AS (WGO has more than their share of problems) but that is a poor design. Did they run out of breaker spaces in the panel?

You should be able to take advantage of the full 50A output of the Magnum 1012 battery charger section without blowing fuses or tripping breakers.

For example, we installed two (2) oversize Crown golf cart (GC) batteries in our rig. They are rated at 260 Ah each. 260/5 = 52A max charge rate. I have our Magnum MS2000 dialed back to 48-50A and it's no problem. It pulls about 7 amps of shore or generator power when putting out 50A.

The 1012 in the AI should have its own dedicated breaker. Its auto transfer switch (ATS) is rated at 20A, and the power for the battery charger is tapped off upstream from it. Page 22 of the manual calls for a minimum of #12 wire and a 20A breaker -- dedicated to the 1012:
http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...MMS-Series.pdf
Old 06-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Corporate reaction to potential safety issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavitt View Post
I can already see how this is going to end up, at least initially.

Airstream is going to blame Magnum and Magnum is going to blame Airstream.

Did the Magnum Inverter/Charger fail, it's possible.
Was the installation, by Airstream, to blame; it's possible.

Until a through RCA (Root Cause Analysis) is done, we will never know.

I am not fond of lawyers, especially ambulance chasing ones. But in this case, I believe you need one to force a comprehensive RCA to be performed by an outside party.

With a potential loss of life involved, I can only imagine what you are going through.

My prayers are with you,

Pat
At least AS appears to be concerned.

There was a case a few years ago where a Winnebago View owner narrowly avoided being electrocuted due to a factory fault and he was ignored. When I wrote about it on a View/Navion group I was told by the group 'owner' that my posts were "irritating". He did not like to see any posts that were not gushing with praise toward WGO and MB.

The owner discovered the potentially fatal electrical issue when he was attempting to connect the coax cable to the connector inside the electrical box. The metal "F" connector on the cable brushed against the metal junction box and the was a large arc/flash and the pedestal breaker tripped.

What he found was a very disturbing double fault:

1) The initial problem was that whoever connected the green ground wire for the junction box to the other grounds did not strip the insulation first!! That's a whole new level of incompetence there. In fairness to the employee, s/he may simply not have had the proper training, but whatever the reason, they had stuck the *insulated* wire into the wire nut.

So the box was never grounded and never tested at the WGO factory. Oops.

2) Due to vibration from traveling, a wire nut connecting hot wires had worn thru and there was 120Vac on that junction box! With no ground, there was no ground fault and no breaker tripped. The box had been hot whenever he was on shore or generator power for who knows how long.

He could have _easily_ been killed. If he was standing on wet cement or wet grass and touched that junction box he would have become the path to ground. He was very, very, lucky.

As was Winnebago.

Were they at all concerned -- even from a basic CYA perspective? Not that I could see.

My suggestion was that they have a voluntary recall, or at least a "customer satisfaction campaign" and test owners' rigs for them. It's very quick and easy to do, and it would bring customers in to their dealerships. Nope, that suggestion was 'irritating'.

Seems like AS is quite a bit better, at least in this case.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:40 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajohnson View Post
At least AS appears to be concerned.
:
:
:
Seems like AS is quite a bit better, at least in this case.
SAJOHNSON - Wow! that incident is even more scary than mine, if that's even possible. Yes, at least up to this point, dealer & AS were/still are responding to my requests. They really have no choice, my asks are well within reasonable requests (can't elaborate on these for now). It is not like I am asking for a total replacement unit or some crazy emotional damage compensation. But my biggest ask is not compensation but information. So, if it proves later that they will put up a road block, that's when I have to think through whether it is worth money & time to pursue. The unit is being fixed and tested as I would if I was doing the work myself.

Already spoke with close friend who is a PI atty. Have a meet scheduled with friend from AG's office tomorrow (an atty. who actually works directly under AG). And another friend who is in NDOT who knows the NHTSA process can help figure out where this incident fits. I am lucky to be able to tap into local expertise without incurring big expenses initially. At least, I get advice from a personal friendship perspective, rather than a lawfirm wanting to make a buck off my incident.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 AM   #65
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Quote:
SAJOHNSON - Wow! that incident is even more scary than mine, if that's even possible. Yes, at least up to this point, dealer & AS were/still are responding to my requests. They really have no choice, my asks are well within reasonable requests (can't elaborate on these for now). It is not like I am asking for a total replacement unit or some crazy emotional damage compensation. But my biggest ask is not compensation but information. So, if it proves later that they will put up a road block, that's when I have to think through whether it is worth money & time to pursue. The unit is being fixed and tested as I would if I was doing the work myself.

Already spoke with close friend who is a PI atty. Have a meet scheduled with friend from AG's office tomorrow (an atty. who actually works directly under AG). And another friend who is in NDOT who knows the NHTSA process can help figure out where this incident fits. I am lucky to be able to tap into local expertise without incurring big expenses initially. At least, I get advice from a personal friendship perspective, rather than a lawfirm wanting to make a buck off my incident.
No doubt, you are very lucky indeed.

If AS follows thru, does the redundant detectors, and gives you the info you request, I'd be inclined to let it ride.

You might consider pressing AS to initiate a voluntary recall -- if that is warranted. It could be that your issue was a one-off fluke, but it could also be a design problem.

Do you happen to know if AS makes their wiring diagrams available to the public? I'd like to see how the 1012 is wired, because the A/C unit should have its own breaker in the main panel and not involve the inverter/charger at all.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:28 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
I found some wiring diagrams in the 2018 manual:
https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...ers-Manual.pdf

On page 103 the "12Volt Main Schematic" does indicate that there is some connection between the A/C unit and the inverter main disconnect switch.

I attempted to attach an image capture of that portion of the schematic.

It's not clear to me what's going on there. If I had to guess I'd say that when the A/C is on, the inverter is forced off (no battery charging).

On page 111, schematic p.9-25, you can see that the inverter feeds 3 outlets. The inverter gets power from breaker #4, which is a 20A breaker. So far so good, however...

You'll see that there is another wire, labeled "4a1" that is connected to the outlet that the inverter is plugged into. That is odd. 4a1 is a neutral wire that originates at what appears to be the neutral buss. However, there is a relay contact ("1st Relay") shown that appears to make and break a connection between 4a1 and 4a2. The way the contact is drawn though, it appears that it would have no effect -- because 4a1 and 4a2 are (or appear to be) both connected to the neutral bus, which means they are permanently connected, regardless of the position of the relay contacts.

I'm assuming I'm reading the schematic wrong. The neutral is likely switched by the "1st Relay".

In any case, I appears as though there is some 'load shedding' going on. For example, in our View, the microwave and the water heater share a breaker. There is a relay (name?) that gives priority to the microwave (because they both cannot run at the same time).

What's strange is that the wire feeding the inverter is labeled 1,380W (11.5A). The inverter feeds 3 outlets thru it's transfer switch. When shore or genset power is available, it can pass up to 20A to those outlets. The breaker it is connected to is 20A, its ATS is rated for 20A, and its own breaker is 20A. So I'm not sure where "11.5A" comes from. There's nothing limiting the current to 11.5A. I do see that the AC out breaker that feeds the outlets is 15A, but if the battery charger is putting out its max of 50Adc (or close to it) the input could be 20A, or actually a bit more (until one of the 20A breakers trips).

I'm not yet clear on what AS is doing, but one thing seems clear -- the only current passing thru the internal ATS in that 1012 inverter is limited to the loads plugged into those 3 outlets.

BTW -- whoever is doing the schematics needs to learn how to spell "units" (not "unites").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Magnum 1012 wiring Capture.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	314146  
Old 06-16-2018, 05:14 AM   #67
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
When I bought my 2018, they told me the inverter was for the TV'S AND DVD and the plug outlets. I had that fan noise and hot smell while using an outlet for the small heater, that continued after unplugging. It did not stop until I disconnected shore power. My DVD acts like it has a short and Ive only turned on one TV. I usually keep the entertainment stuff totally unplugged up above the drivers area and plan to have that all checked out at my appointment. I wonder then, if Alex AVI had anything plugged in and on? Regardless, should not happen and smoke detectors another issue.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
....We are now taking the same approach as our Pool Rules. Whenever we have pool parties, distractions abound, so a pool whistle gets passed around to adults like a baton. Whoever has it has to have both feet in the water at the deep end of pool where the suction drains are. Period, end of story. I have yelled at my own sister & mother for not taking the pool whistle rule seriously decades ago. Now, it's SOP for everyone. Helps to be an SOB once in awhile for safety's sake.
Wow, I've never heard of this administrative control before, and it's such great advice. In some of my younger years, I had a mansion (literally) with a double-decker pool, and I used to throw many enormous parties. As the hostess, I was always in charge of the pool by default, but it was difficult to manage that, plus the crowds (I'm omitting an avalanche of details). TWICE I fished other peoples' young children off the bottom of my pool because their parents were not watching them (both kids were fine). I've never had a pool since, even though I'm a decades-long lap swimmer. I still have nightmares about what happened.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
I'm thinking of doing a battery upgrade from the anemic 80 amp available in my 2011 AI. Where'd you end up putting 440AH Lifelines (and which battery).
I installed four Lifeline GPL-4T 6V AGM batteries on custom made battery trays behind the rear wheels under the van. Two mounted on each side where there was room as I have an Extended model. This is the same place that Airstream is installing batteries since about 2015. The new 2019 model will have four 12V Lifeline AGMs in the same locations, using their sheet metal trays. Here is link to the thread I did on the installation. Photo below is the final installation on passenger side.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...de-142327.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0800small.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	314166  
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Isn’t Magnum supposed to be a premium brand?

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #71
Contributing Member

Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Ordered new Magnum

Tried a bench test with the Magnum hooked up to one of the AGMs that I replaced a couple of months ago. This one still looked good. The other dropped to about 9v as soon as it was taken off the charger. I keep the good one on my workbench as a power supply for testing things.

I ended up with wisps of smoke again. Pulled the cover off, but I couldn't see exactly where the smoke was coming from. Probably some component under one of the PC boards.

When not in use, the AI sits in storage with power on and fridge cold. It is my "man cave" and I spend a some time napping, watching TV, or planning my next modification since I pass the storage lot several times most days to and from lunch.

No way would I ever trust the old Magnum again. I'll have a new one in hand in about a week. I used the old one as a template to reroute cables since I changed the mounting location to make it more accessible. The new one should be a 30-minute drop in and setup.

I brought the batteries up with my plug-in charger and turned off the main disconnect. In the mean time, I can still power up the coach AC since everything is well secured and taped off.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #72
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
I found some wiring diagrams in the 2018 manual:

It's not clear to me what's going on there. If I had to guess I'd say that when the A/C is on, the inverter is forced off (no battery charging).

BTW -- whoever is doing the schematics needs to learn how to spell "units" (not "unites").
SAJOHNSON - yes, been scrutinizing diagrams for days now. All that you have said, I see them too. The only thing I want to add is that regardless of whether A/C is running or not, the Magnum will still charge, provided it is not set to CHG STBY. If it is set to CHG STBY then it will not charge but incoming AC is still available /passed to inverter output. Also, when plugged in, depending on how much is being utilized for lights & appliances, only the surplus is directed for charging the batts.

Think maybe the person who wrote manual is Brit? (unites vs. units)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
I wonder then, if Alex AVI had anything plugged in and on? Regardless, should not happen and smoke detectors another issue.
MANSDERM161 - when it happened, it was only minutes after plugging into shore power,nothing other than a small usb LED reading light was plugged in to the rear usb outlet. It was the only device on and still works, other than fridge and micro which turn on as soon as shore power is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I've never had a pool since, even though I'm a decades-long lap swimmer. I still have nightmares about what happened.
INTERBLOG - wife lap swims too, me not. Only like pool for decorative purposes & kids & now grandkids. BUT, I am with you, next house will have NO POOL. Don't want the hassles anymore & definitely not what you went through. Which is the reason for my dictator-like approach to pool monitoring during parties. Should've applied my own rules to rv monitoring when kids inside. Lessons learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
J.MORGAN - "supposed to be" the catch phrase
Old 06-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #73
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
No way would I ever trust the old Magnum again.
This is the problem right now, trusting the identical (albeit new) Magnum model in my rv. My head is churning up many ideas right now into wanting to fortify that enclosure with some type of venting and fire suppression.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Every time we have been in need of buying a house, the very first “instant disqualify and walk away” is the presence of a pool or spa, A.K.A “attractive nuisance and safety hazard”.

Many years ago a good friend of mine and his wife had a toddler son, the only kid they would ever have due to medical issues. They bought a house with a pool. Long story short, the son fell in undetected and drowned. I saw the devastation in the family, and decided it was not worth it, ever. Besides the maintenance effort and expense they cause, I’m quite happy not having one...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #75
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Magnum MMS Series 1012 with AC transfer switch circuitry

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Yes absolutely.

Sounds like the failure was with their inverter/charger, but we should wait for the final determination.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #76
Contributing Member

Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Any electrical hardware can fail. I don't know what ate my Magnum, but it performed perfectly for about 5 years. I developed hardware for 35 years and that is a pretty good record. I am much more concerned about the lack of alarms going off.

Detectors are cheap. One could be put into the compartment with the electronics.

I did not have a surge protector attached at the storage yard because I had no way at hand to secure it. There may well have been a lightning strike since we have had a few storms come through recently.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #77
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Every time we have been in need of buying a house, the very first “instant disqualify and walk away” is the presence of a pool or spa, A.K.A “attractive nuisance and safety hazard”.

Many years ago a good friend of mine and his wife had a toddler son, the only kid they would ever have due to medical issues. They bought a house with a pool. Long story short, the son fell in undetected and drowned. I saw the devastation in the family, and decided it was not worth it, ever. Besides the maintenance effort and expense they cause, I’m quite happy not having one...
Yep, 1st house we ever built with pool (with intent of being the forever house) AND last (if we ever move again). Sorry to hear about friend child drowning, this is the big concern which causes me to go in dictator-mode during pool parties. But then it becomes stressful acting that way when it's supposed to be fun. And the older I get, the less I want to repair pool equipment, talking of which I have a new filtration system replacement I gotta do. Nothing ends with pool, just like AI mods

Quote:
Yes absolutely.

Sounds like the failure was with their inverter/charger, but we should wait for the final determination.
Hoping AS keeps their word in keeping me informed of findings. Spoke with friend from AG's office today who gave me many suggestions on how to handle going forward.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #78
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Any electrical hardware can fail. I don't know what ate my Magnum, but it performed perfectly for about 5 years. I developed hardware for 35 years and that is a pretty good record. I am much more concerned about the lack of alarms going off.

Detectors are cheap. One could be put into the compartment with the electronics.
JOHN - yes, agree. The best-of-best equipment can fail right off the assembly line. Like you, being in the tech world for same time gives me the same perspective. One of my simple asks is a redundant set of detectors in or around closest to the compartment. They will do so. Fortifying the compartment, with some outside venting and/or fire suppression capability - I am not holding my breath But I did bring it up. That's more wishful thinking & maybe a mod for me to do
Old 06-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

Middletown , Maryland
Magnum MMS Series 1012 with AC transfer switch circuitry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
When I bought my 2018, they told me the inverter was for the TV'S AND DVD and the plug outlets. I had that fan noise and hot smell while using an outlet for the small heater, that continued after unplugging. It did not stop until I disconnected shore power. My DVD acts like it has a short and Ive only turned on one TV. I usually keep the entertainment stuff totally unplugged up above the drivers area and plan to have that all checked out at my appointment. I wonder then, if Alex AVI had anything plugged in and on? Regardless, should not happen and smoke detectors another issue.
According to the AS schematic (attached), the 3 outlets are:

* Mid curbside
* Entertainment
* Main TV

They should all have an "Inverter" label.

However, the inverter/charger is fed by a 20A breaker (#4 main panel). The inverter itself has a 20A input breaker and a 15A output breaker.

So, regardless of how the outlets are marked, any load or combination of loads up to 15A should be able to be plugged into the inverter outlets and run on shore power.

Most breakers can handle 80% of their nominal rating indefinitely, so 12A should certainly be OK.

Worst case, the 15A inverter output breaker will trip. If it is hard to access then it might might be a pain to reset it, but there should be no safety issue.

Even if the 15A breaker was faulty, the 20A input breaker or 20A main panel breaker should trip if there is a serious overload.

I'm not sure why you had the hot smell. A heater -- even a small one -- can be 1,500W (about 12.5A) which might eventually trip the 15A breaker, but it should not cause a hot smell.

Same with Alex' situation.

Something I noticed is that the inverter in the schematic (which is supposed to be for a 2018 AI) shows the inverter as an "inverter/converter" (Inv./Conv.) *not* a Magnum 1012 Inverter/Charger. I'm not familiar with the AI, but from the posts I've read here it sounds like all of the newer ones have the Magnum 1012 -- so I'm guessing that the schematic has not been updated yet.

That might explain the "1,380W / 11.5A" label on the inverter AC input cord.

Bottom line -- all decent inverters (and Magnum products are in that category) are protected six ways from Sunday. It is highly unusual for them to become smoke generators.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airestream Magnum 1012 AC wiring Capture.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	314184  
Old 06-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #80
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
I'm not sure why you had the hot smell. A heater -- even a small one -- can be 1,500W (about 12.5A) which might eventually trip the 15A breaker, but it should not cause a hot smell.

Same with Alex' situation.

Something I noticed is that the inverter in the schematic (which is supposed to be for a 2018 AI) shows the inverter as an "inverter/converter" (Inv./Conv.) *not* a Magnum 1012 Inverter/Charger. I'm not familiar with the AI, but from the posts I've read here it sounds like all of the newer ones have the Magnum 1012 -- so I'm guessing that the schematic has not been updated yet.

That might explain the "1,380W / 11.5A" label on the inverter AC input cord.

Bottom line -- all decent inverters (and Magnum products are in that category) are protected six ways from Sunday. It is highly unusual for them to become smoke generators.
SAJOHNSON - Yes, the hot smell MANSDERM161 is smelling is definitely not normal. Was not that way prior to my problem and I used to sleep on the side of bed.

Yes, my AI has MMS1012 and schematics seem outdated. (no surprise). Which is why I too was scratching my noggin seeing 1,380w? Where'd that come from? MMS1012 is only 1,000w continuous. Unless they are talking in vicinity of surge power rating at 5min which is 1,200w.