Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Doylestown , Pennsylvania
EchoMaster Mirror Monitor Dim

The rearview/sideview camera system is dim on my 2019 AI Ext. The unit power on and shows a faint picture. I have adjusted the brightness, color, and contrast with no change. I opened the dome light and checked the in-line fuse, the harness fuse, and video cable connections. All appear to be ok.

Has anyone experienced this with their system?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	322887  
Cats52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
I have an Echomaster system on my Silverado. They have pretty good tech support if you want to contact them. They're located in Clearwater, FLORIDA at least that's who I worked with.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

I did call AAMP/Echomaster tech support. They were very nice and helpful, but told me this was an OEM Airstream product. I need to take it back to the dealer for service. This is 2.5 hours away, and I would be comfortable doing the repair myself.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats52 View Post
The rearview/sideview camera system is dim on my 2019 AI Ext. The unit power on and shows a faint picture. I have adjusted the brightness, color, and contrast with no change. I opened the dome light and checked the in-line fuse, the harness fuse, and video cable connections. All appear to be ok.

Has anyone experienced this with their system?
CATS52 - Your pic does not show a faint image from rear or side cam, rather just a reflection of you & passenger seat from the glass of the monitor. It appears you have no display at all. Please confirm/advise if this is the case?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

If you look at the pic (not a great one I will say), you can see a white door and a white trimmed window just to the left of the seat headrest in the reflection. The monitor is incredibly dim. I tried to take a picture in the dark, but it didn't show anything on the monitor as it was so dim.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
If you look at the pic (not a great one I will say), you can see a white door and a white trimmed window just to the left of the seat headrest in the reflection. The monitor is incredibly dim. I tried to take a picture in the dark, but it didn't show anything on the monitor as it was so dim.
CATS52 - Ok, I see what you mean. Wow, you right, that is so dim, hard to tell. I just got back from a day trip. I know the Echomaster has auto-dim function. I noticed mine going through the auto-dim. But for the life of me, can't figure out where the sensor is. I went all around it, front & back, covering areas with bright light and then the same with dark cloth and I can not force the display to dim or brighten. I only guessing here - maybe the auto-dim is handled by the processor based on the level of brightness the camera is trying to output. Since it happens with all cams, I am guessing its not all 3 cams. If you feel inclined to take your dash apart, you can take the output of one of your cams and input that into the RVC lead of your Fusion head unit. Your Fusion is also connected to CANBUS so AI has to be in Reverse for Fusion to display. Or you can take a simple camcorder with Vid Out and plug that in place of one of the inputs of rear monitor. Either way, you will know if its cam issue or monitor. I don't see any external adjustments on monitor other than Bright & Cont which you already tried . Good luck.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Good tip and thank you! I will give that a shot. I think the vid out to the connection in the dome light will be the easiest to start. I didn't know about the auto-dim, so that is appreciated.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bellingham , Washington
Quote:
Good tip and thank you! I will give that a shot. I think the vid out to the connection in the dome light will be the easiest to start. I didn't know about the auto-dim, so that is appreciated.
The vid out connection to a camcorder in the dome light module is how I found that it was the Pyle rear view display and not the camera that was defective in my 2013 AI. That was also a dim display issue.

Bill
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote