Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Fort Myers , Florida
DVD Movie

We just picked up our 2016 AI this week and the one thing we didn't ask about in our walk through is how to play a DVD. We have two Samsung TV's and a Samsung Blue Ray disc player with a Monoprice box on top of the disc player showing a/b with4numbers for each. I put our tv on HDMI and can not get anything to play. Tried two different DVDs as well. Help!!
llleimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Your owners manual should tell you, or give a call to the service department at your dealership and they could walk you thru it...take your cell phone out to your rig when you call, so you can see everything.

Good luck!

Maggie
Old 04-30-2017, 05:15 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Auburn , Georgia
"A" is input for the front TV
"B" is for the rear
There is a small push button to the left of each row, set the light on #1 for the DVD
Ours has quit working on occasion and I disconnect the round power cord jack and plug back in to get it going again. Check that all connections are good from the DVD to the switch. I know it is frustrating learning about all the systems in our AI's at once.
Happy Camping ! We are leaving in the morning on a month long trip.
GETRIDAONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Njg
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Columbia , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETRIDAONE View Post
"A" is input for the front TV

"B" is for the rear

There is a small push button to the left of each row, set the light on #1 for the DVD

Ours has quit working on occasion and I disconnect the round power cord jack and plug back in to get it going again. Check that all connections are good from the DVD to the switch. I know it is frustrating learning about all the systems in our AI's at once.

Happy Camping ! We are leaving in the morning on a month long trip.

Getridaone is referring to the inputs on the monoprice box in case that wasn't clear. Mine were reversed from the factory with A being the rear TV..
Njg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Why is the RV industry so far behind? DVD players shouldn't even be an option in a 2016 Interstate.
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
Why is the RV industry so far behind? DVD players shouldn't even be an option in a 2016 Interstate.
It is blu-ray now and we like to have ours. It is convenient to use at times although admittedly with our unlimited Verizon plan, we tend to use streaming on our devices when there is good reception.
amirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:

Because my daughter's Scooby Doo shows are on DVD. [emoji3][emoji6]
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I understand that there is still a sizable market for hand me down and used children's DVDs but it just seems much easier to download a season to a phone or tablet. If Airstream would include an AppleTV and/or ChromeCast, you could ditch the entire library of now sticky DVD titles. :-)
Old 04-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
Njg
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Columbia , Missouri
Fire stick was our solution, but DVD works when data coverage is bad..
Njg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:53 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
I understand that there is still a sizable market for hand me down and used children's DVDs but it just seems much easier to download a season to a phone or tablet. If Airstream would include an AppleTV and/or ChromeCast, you could ditch the entire library of now sticky DVD titles. :-)

Trying to rip, store, and play back lots of DVD's is more hassle than it's worth, at least for me. I do have an Apple TV and move it to the Interstate when we travel. I have the old unlimited AT&T data plan on my iPhone and use AirPlay to cast Netflix, Xfinity, etc to the TVs via the Apple TV as we roll down the road. As long as I have a decent cell signal, kiddo has lots to keep her entertained. She does tend to enjoy the views of the country we're traveling through though and asks about 1000 questions per trip ("how do they get the grain into those big silos?", "why aren't all cows the same color?", etc), so that keeps her busy most of the time and that's just fine by me. [emoji6]
Old 04-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Fort Myers , Florida
DVD Movie

Thanks to everyone for all your comments and suggestions. Had more time to look into tonight and got it working. Would like to say that I did something very technical, but found a cord that was loose. My technical days are far behind me and leave it to the kids and grandkids.
We picked our 2016 AI on Wednesday near Portland and are now making our way back to Fort Myers, FL. We are in Cannon Beach tonight for a couple days, then onto Florence, Crescent City, Yosemite, Sedona, Santa Fe, etc..

Thanks again everyone.
llleimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Glad you got it fixed.

Have a great trip home!

Maggie
Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Glad you got it fixed.

Have a great trip home!

Maggie

+1

That sounds like a great trip and what a way to get to know your new coach!

Safe travels.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Enjoy your new AI and I hope you keep coming back to share your travel experiences. This is a small community but we're active and generally pretty helpful.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
If it was the HDMI cable in the back, it needs to be replaced. The thick one they put in there simply doesn't have the compliance to bend that way. A cheap, thin HDMI cable works a lot better.
amirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Parkway
Overland Park , Kansas
What no one gets Redbox movies and then returns them to another Redbox in the next city?
itsmeok is offline   Reply With Quote