Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

, California
Driving to the great white north in DEC

Hi all,

I’m starting to plan for a drive home to Vancouver Island in December and I’m thinking about the location of my lithium batteries.

They were installed in the AGM location under my coach (2019 interstate) by dealer in SoCal. So my question is, should I wrap them with temp controlled heater or just move them into the coach and put in box under back bench seat?

Would love to hear some stories from you all.

Thanks,
Pucky
Pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Indianola , Iowa
Pucky, LifePo4? If so, part of this video interview of the Battleborn folks discussing some technical parts of their batteries has a discussion about heating pads for them and what they recommend and don’t. They get concerned about too high of heat damaging the plastic case of their batteries. I’d guess if you put a good heating pad in the undercoach box, you’ll probably be ok. Bringing them inside would probably save you some power if you’re doing some boondocking.

nateallen80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

, California
Awesome! Thank you for the link.
Pucky is offline   Reply With Quote