Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Double Check Your C.R. Laurence Windows

This weekend my family took a 1.5 hour trip to Panama City, FL. My rule in my Interstate is, "If you don't know how to do something, ask me to do it first."

The language I chose was English yet it seems my family understands only the Swedish dialect. My daughter wanted the C.R. Laurence crank window open on the back passenger side. So instead of calling me, she first stuck her finger through the screen to push the window forcing a screen fix. This was followed by turning the crank the wrong way and the window came off the adhesive hinge.

So I was about to go out again so I checked Interstate and saw the window were off a bit. When I open the window, the glass slipped out into my hand. So the first idea I have is for those concerned to both check these windows and put them on your checklist.

Solution: I called first the C.R. Laurence Automotive company, they were both helpful and very professional. Then I looked very closely at the window and realized I could fix this at an Auto Glass Replacement shop in 30 minutes or less. So $75.00 labor later, the issue was fixed, I had a new checklist item and I sent the situation to Airstream as an FYI.

Hope this helps someone.

Gary T.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1762.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	305799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	305800  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	305801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1769.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	305802  

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote