Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
HOUSTON , Texas
Cost to replace house batteries on Interstate GT

I would appreciate any guidance as to cost to expect to replace the current and original batteries in a 2018 Interstate GT with new batteries. A ballpark figure will be sufficient for the batteries and associated labor.

Thank you in advance.
John1048
John1048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you go to Interstate Batteries, they will replace them with no labor charge.

They could also give you cost estimate for different types of batteries.

We have always used Interstate, and been very happy with them.

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1048 View Post
I would appreciate any guidance as to cost to expect to replace the current and original batteries in a 2018 Interstate GT with new batteries. A ballpark figure will be sufficient for the batteries and associated labor.

Thank you in advance.
John1048
They have gone up 50.00 since I got mine... 299.99 each with free shipping.

https://batteryguys.com/collections/...feline-gpl-24t

This is for the house batteries: Lifeline GPL-24T
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Castle Rock , Colorado
These guys have the original batteries on sale for $259, but I think you have to pay shipping.

https://invertersrus.com/product/lifeline-gpl24t/

Also, to answer OP's original question, I just had mine replaced. I took it to Windish RV in Fountain, Colorado, which is an authorized Airstream service center. They charged me $250 to replace the batteries. I thought this was excessive given it took them less than an hour to replace them. I will likely not go back there in the future.
GoingPhishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #5
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPhishin View Post
These guys have the original batteries on sale for $259, but I think you have to pay shipping.

https://invertersrus.com/product/lifeline-gpl24t/

Also, to answer OP's original question, I just had mine replaced. I took it to Windish RV in Fountain, Colorado, which is an authorized Airstream service center. They charged me $250 to replace the batteries. I thought this was excessive given it took them less than an hour to replace them. I will likely not go back there in the future.
Free shipping as well from that site you shared. So they are better priced than the link I provided.

Quote:
Free Shipping on all GPL-24T Lifeline Deep Cycle Batteries!
As to the cost of installing them... these are heavy and not easy to managed under the AI... In my case I had to raise the back as much as I could with the Air Suspension...

So just be careful if you are going to do it and use a motorcycle jack or something with good enough surface that will make it easier to raise into the tray...
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Free shipping as well from that site you shared. So they are better priced than the link I provided.

As to the cost of installing them... these are heavy and not easy to managed under the AI... In my case I had to raise the back as much as I could with the Air Suspension...

So just be careful if you are going to do it and use a motorcycle jack or something with good enough surface that will make it easier to raise into the tray...
I had the invertor and batteries replaced for total labor of $390. Batteries were $ 298 each. Done this past December. I believe they are the same in 18 and 15 but check on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190407-151255~2.png
Views:	57
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	337546  
Old 04-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #7
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
You might consider replacing them with lifeline 6v AGM batteries. They cost slightly more than the 12v Lifelines but you get 37.5% more capacity. You will have to make sure they will fit in the battery racks and you will need to wire them in series instead of parallel. You can obtain the dimensions on the Lifeline website and compare them to what you have now. Swapping batteries is a pretty simple DIY project even changing the wiring configuration. You probably have enough cable and should have a piece left over. I have seen them recently for $330 shipped. The ones you would need are Lifeline GPL-4CT.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote