Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-ination View Post
FlyFishin-super creative way to use what you already have! What a cute little model you have! Looks like a great solution and way to bring your extra passengers!!

Thanks Hawk!

We have the added "challenge" of having 2 furry friends (Golden Retrievers....one is 110lbs, the other is 100lbs), so putting anything on the floor or blocking their path to go potty in the evening/morning wasn't an option for us.

And yeah, kiddo is my travel companion. We've got this annual dad/daughter getaway that we've been doing since I got the AI 3 years ago, and it's been great to spend the time together. Makes the AI priceless IMO. For those who worry "should we/shouldn't we get a RV", if you can, do it and make those memories. Kids are only kids for a short while.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #22
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
FLYFISHINRVR - also, the best parts about yours & HAWK's setup is the front seats do not have to be rotated 180° . I like to have at least driver seat always in forward position in case a quick exit in an emergency is needed.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Alex AVI, will be my next project, will follow your advice... had to post before supper or go without .

I hear you Flyfishin on all points. Making memories are the best and so important!! That was a large part of us pulling the trigger now, hoping to get some travel and family time in before mine leaves the next. Time does go way too fast. We travel in a similar manner but I think my daughter can handle a couple of Poms in her face. I'm personally hoping they will decide to spoon her and not me on the next trip, it's maybe a selfish reason for my setup!!! Don't think I'd want to find out what damage those two dogs would do to during their late night/early morning potty breaks with a bed in the second row!! It's all in what makes sense and best for the application, right?!
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-ination View Post
Making memories are the best and so important!! That was a large part of us pulling the trigger now, hoping to get some travel and family time in before mine leaves the next. Time does go way too fast.
HAWK - I envy you could do this while your kiddos still living with you. If I had to do over, I would've bought rv when our 2 daughters were in grade school. We were DINKS (double income no kids) early in marriage and immersed in career upward mobility. So when the kids came, we were already knee deep in career enhancement opportunities. But we are making up for it now that we have grandkids. Our daughters and grandkids are always part of our trips, long or short. We actually bought the rv for them to be able to come with us on trips.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote