Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have used their services on the road a couple of times. Hand wash and no acid used contrary to what others have claimed. Left clean and relatively streak free. Good deal for the price to remove a lot of bugs and road grime. Not available in my area. I used the ones in the the Birmingham AL and Jackson MS area.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:02 PM   #22
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
You will be fine. I ask them not to use the brushes, don't spray to close, don't spray upwards on the side seams. About $50 for the my Classic and the Truck. I do have them apply Rain-X to everything.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
No more for me, they used dirty water with brushes, I do it myself now, at home or at a car wash...
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
+1 on DIY. I find I'm much more particular about the condition of our Interstate than I am about my daily driver. I don't live in my daily driver so the dirt doesn't bother me. I wash our Interstate very frequently - sometimes after every trip. I'd go broke if I were paying anyone else to do this. Besides, it makes for good exercise and allows me to discover incipient issues such as the next rock chip that needs to be painted.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #25
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
No more for me, they used dirty water with brushes, I do it myself now, at home or at a car wash...

I'll bring you my KW. See if you can match Blue Beacon in under three hours for what they do in 15". Even pay you the same.

You and I both know DIY can't do the same work if it's really dirty.

DIY has its place. BB is a great service at a fair price.

1990 35' Silver Streak
2004 555 Cummins
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
I have used them several times and never had a problem. They always ask me if I want it brushed or just sprayed. Making long cross country trips the bugs are bad and they always do excellent job getting them off. Recently one of my decals on the right side has started to peel, once pointed out to them, they were very careful not to cause more damage.

Almost always see other high end RV's at these locations. Last month even had the VA behind me with their mobile veteran clinic motorhome getting a wash also!
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I stopped at one of these in Youngstown, Ohio, this morning, as my Interstate was filthy and there was only one semi ahead of me.

As I waited my turn, THREE semis pulled in behind me, all for Jason Aldean’s current tour.

I didn’t get out and take a picture , but did think the guy hauls a LOT of equipment around the country with him.

As always, every bit of road grime and bug bits were removed, I got an undercarriage wash and the entire rig coated with RainX, all for the bargain price of $39.

I treat my rig to one of these several times a year.

One of the best deals around, and the drivers for the stars apparently think so, too.

Maggie
Old 07-19-2023, 05:38 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Rochester , NY
We have used Blue Beacon and they did a fantastic job on both the trailer and the pickup. Be sure to discuss with then ahead of time what chemicals to use on your Airstream. Also, seal up the refrigerator vent door - we had water coming out under our fridge when we stopped in the parking lot outside the Blue Beacon. Our error.
Wyokirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 08:11 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
I've used Blue Beacon many times. the last time I stopped in, I told the crew that they could use brushes. The boss took one look and said "no brushes on the Airstream!" The crew apologized but the truck and trailer came out looking great! I'm especially impressed how they get the brake residue off of my truck steer wheels. Anyway, thumbs up for speed and value for Blue Beacon Washses. I go out of my way to use them.

- Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:58 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I am always asked if they can use brushes, and say they can, but they’ve never been needed.

I also go out of my way for a Blue Beacon, keeping their app on my IPad, using the map function to find the closest.

I get many, many compliments on the condition of my Interstate, and tho I keep it clean and maintain it, much of the overall appearance is due to Blue Beacon.

Maggie
Old 07-20-2023, 09:58 AM   #31
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Three things to remember at Blue Beacon for your Interstate: Low Pressure, and No acid on those aluminum wheels. Oh, and tip the crew - they work hard.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:27 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you’ve not been thru a Blue Beacon, they are well worth a little extra $ several times a season, as they get every scrap of road grime off, often have an undercarriage wash option, and can coat your entire rig with RainX.

https://bluebeacon.com/

Gorgeous, yes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D0B2BFDE-F4C1-465E-9405-A5C0C2A7891C.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	440957