Old 09-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #41
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander View Post
Just remember 12.2. Itís 50-60% SOC for almost all flooded or AGM batteries and should be your target donít go below if possible. That said, it will not ruin your batteries to occasionally draw them lower. It will also lengthen their life to discharge them less if possible. Itís a balance of quality of Boondocking experience versus battery longevity. Some people are willing to shorten battery life and others are bent on making them last 8-10 years. Most important is to enjoy boondocking but you have to pay to play regardless.
68OVERLANDER - I am pretty obssesive about a lot of things in the rv. But tending to the batts to try getting 8-10 yrs is not much fun, as you say. But I dont neglect them either, like I known a few dealers to do (go figure, dealers ruining new rv batts). And where I live, even if I obsess over it every waking hour, the extreme heat here will kill it way before that. Great to know these best practices from experienced group
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)