Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayaraTravel View Post
FYI the reason we are so hot to get extra batteries in the near term: on our recent (first) long trip, with some overnight boondocking, we ran the batteries down to 50% just using the refrigerator overnight. (The Magnum reported 12.0v before recharging the next morning).
Might get the existing batteries checked as my five year old batteries could run the frig overnite and stay above 60%.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Might get the existing batteries checked as my five year old batteries could run the frig overnite and stay above 60%.
Depends on which gauge I am looking at. The SunExplorer solar controller still reported 60-65% by morning, but the Magnum and SE voltage readout was down to 12.0v. My understanding from the LifeLine voltage curves is that 12.0v corresponds to about 50% Depth of Discharge. I'm going with the voltage measurements as being more reliable.

The van was ordered new from the factory. Hasn't been sitting around, and we have maintained charge with shore power in storage. So in theory batteries should be good.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Bellingham , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post

Couldn't get any easier than this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Under-vehicl...-/131686606905
I see that the vendor for the eBay listing is in Hood River, OR. Wonder if he does fab work for Lew?
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieJ View Post
I see that the vendor for the eBay listing is in Hood River, OR. Wonder if he does fab work for Lew?
AM Solar http://amsolar.com/ is in Oregon and lists several approved installers who do business in the area. http://amsolar.com/rv-solar-installers/
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
Bob Jones RV has a great reputation but their wait times for scheduled appointments can be several months.
Interesting...I've used them for three major repair sets, and never had to wait more than a couple of weeks. My mileage varied, obviously. Matter of fact, my trailer is in right now, after a two week wait.

I'd still say to check them out.

Kent
Houston
Kent M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Houston , Texas
Combo work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayaraTravel View Post
We are considering all options. If I can find a Houston area service to do the solar + batteries, I'll go that way. Otherwise it may be more convenient to split the jobs. I don't know if a West Coast trip is in the cards right away.

I've discovered (googling) Precision RV and a couple of others that look professional. Interesting thing about Precision, the guy is peripatetic and comes to the customer (if on his route). He also winters in Arizona, not a bad trip for us. But I don't want to wait for winter.

After this holiday I'm getting in touch with various leads to see what we can do.
Bob Jones will be glad to tell you their skills in your regard, AND their shop load, for a phone call.....<grin>. Won't cost a penny.....
Kent M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarshall View Post
Interesting...I've used them for three major repair sets, and never had to wait more than a couple of weeks. My mileage varied, obviously. Matter of fact, my trailer is in right now, after a two week wait.

I'd still say to check them out.

Kent
Houston
This is good to know. Perhaps conditions have changed for the better. Thanks.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote