Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 11:20 AM   #21
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'm of the opinion that if you need an additional room, your RV is too small.
An interesting perspective since the 38' Winnebago three-slide (the kitchen/LR a super-slide) Class A I sold after my father died came with a factory-supplied screen room that attached to the side of it. Where do you go for more room after a 38' Class A with a super slide and two smaller slides?
Old 06-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rat View Post
Itís a ĎVentureí model from Clam tents.
Found the silver color in stock online at Target.
If you go with a clam quick set tent be sure to also buy the sun/wind panels. They donít come included!
Circling back around to this issue, after doing further research, I ordered a Clam Venture a couple of days ago.

I'm sure glad I did, because they are in short supply, and Amazon's dastardly variable pricing algorithm has kicked in. Last night, they were up to $300 from $200. Today, they are back down to two and a half.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I can see why the Clam Venture has an enthusiastic fan club. It really is well designed. I am very pleased with the ergonomics and quality.

T1N Interstate owners - for storage, it slides easily under the leading edge of the roof rack BUT it is asymmetric, and it inserts more easily in one direction vs. the other. I will probably wrap it in painter's plastic or silver tarp to keep it mostly dry during travel, and to keep the bug smashes off the carry case.

I got two wind panels, which ought to be enough to stop wind and rain which tend to come from one direction preferentially.

It's color-coordinated with my dog, who is flaked out on the grass inside of it here:

Old 08-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Our Clam Venture worked fabulously across multiple weeks in the woods.

One caveat: Flies go in, and they donít come back out, even when the door is left tied open in invitation. Itís a one-way trip for them because their little fly brains cannot process how to exit.

I wish I had brought more fly paper to attach to the inside - next time, I will be stocking up. Here below is the stuff of nightmares, LOL. I had this one little piece pinned to the inner seam where the roof meets the wall.