Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2023, 08:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Frisco , Texas
Atlas leveling

Hello!

I currently own a 2021 Interstate 24GT. This is our first rig and we love just about everything about it. While we’re relatively young (40) and really enjoy the ease of use afforded by the compact form factor of the class b setup, we wouldn’t mind just a bit more space, particularly for the loo and shower.

Enter the Atlas into our consideration for a trade. It would have most of what we already know and and love, is nominally larger, is a relatively immaterial cost difference, and seems like the perfect trade up… except for the lack of levelers. I’m OCD and am not comfortable with the idea of an unleveled setup. I know I can attempt my best leveling job with blocks/ramps, but to me, that kind of negates a great deal of the convenience and ease of use of the class b. These are unnecessary luxury items, if we’re being honest; I’m not into this game for much manual labor during setup.

All to ask those who may already have gone through this with the Atlas or have at least been more successful in their research on the topic: can hydraulic levelers similar to those I have on my Interstate be retrofitted/added to the Atlas aftermarket? I’ve found very minimal responses to this question in searching. I’ve seen posters alluding to systems not working because of some battery/ancillary equipment location in the Atlas. Is this a non-starter? Please someone tell me you’ve had success in adding hydraulic levelers to the Atlas. I’m not concerned much with the expense (though I’d be interested in knowing roughly what I’m in for). I just want that sweet, sweet (and seemingly forbidden) Atlas+leveler combo.

The other trade up we’re considering is a Newmar Super Star 3746 but that’s a whole new ballpark of expense and effort. I’m really hoping I can find a way to combine the Atlas and the auto leveling we already know and love.
bassplayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I’m not a fan of the Atlas floor plan or its overly-complex electric stairs, though the slightly roomier interior is tempting. What other brand small Class C units have you looked at?

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:59 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Frisco , Texas
Honestly, not many. We enjoy the esthetic of the Airstream. There have been a few others we've watched videos on, like the Wonder. Their new one has an interior aesthetic we like but I love the Sprinter chassis and that would be moving us to a Ford. Open to suggestions from a fellow Airstream owner on an alternative, non Airstream (preferably Sprinter based) B+ mini-C. I'll admit to being a bit of a snob; this is purely a toy and I value aesthetics and luxury-oriented features over absolute versatility/function.
bassplayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:45 AM   #4
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
LTV also makes the Unity and used to make the Serenity, both on Sprinter platforms. I like them, but I am put off by the fact that the hinges on their external storage doors are made of rubber, which breaks down over time due to UV exposure. Aside from that, they seem like a good alternative to the Atlas.

We're currently in our second Airstream product (our first was a 27FB trailer), but it will definitely by our last. So, if and when we ever get around to shopping for another unit, it will be some other brand and it will probably be another true Class B, most likely a PleasureWay, though we'd love a little more space such as in a Unity / Wonder or even a WGO EKKO. Sadly, EKKO build quality doesn't feel acceptable, and their cassette toilet immediately put it out of consideration anyway.

Oh, maybe Coach House? I think their order queue has been years deep, but if you like their stuff, then with climbing interest rates and the general softening of the RV market, maybe you could grab an orphan Platinum II from their queue.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 03:56 PM   #5
SWH
4 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Cordova , Tennessee
Leveling system can be added to the Atlas now if it is equipped with the E1 power package.
SWH is offline   Reply With Quote