Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
DLN
Capt Dave

Airstream - Other
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
Atlas 2021 - Reviews

I am currently awaiting delivery of my 2021 Atlas (Tommy B.). Not my first RV, but my 1st Airstream. So I was wondering... to any of you who have ALREADY received their ‘21 Atlas... Anybody willing to share their initial thoughts? Problems? Wait time? Delivery issues? Pleasant surprises? Suggestions???
DLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
​2020 Atlas​
Pullman , Washington
We picked up ours about a month ago and have the 2021 Atlas Tommy Bahama as well. Our dealer did a nice job at prepping our unit. We had two issues that they are working to resolve -

The kitchen window screen was bent and they are replacing it (warranty fix).

The main closet door was warped and they are also replacing it (warranty fix).

I feel that the straps which hold the mattress in place are a bit small - so I made some longer ones.

We are still trying out the various systems - and I have been breaking in the generator as well.

So far - it has been fun getting to know the various systems.
WA_Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:12 AM   #3
DLN
Capt Dave

Airstream - Other
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
TY. Good to hear. And CONGRATS! I’m guessing it’s pretty cold in Pullman this time of year... what are you doing about winterization? And did you get the solar package? If so, what do you think?
DLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
wts
WTS

2021 Atlas
Winter Park , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLN View Post
I am currently awaiting delivery of my 2021 Atlas (Tommy B.). Not my first RV, but my 1st Airstream. So I was wondering... to any of you who have ALREADY received their ‘21 Atlas... Anybody willing to share their initial thoughts? Problems? Wait time? Delivery issues? Pleasant surprises? Suggestions???
Functionally ours was in good shape. The exterior was a different story. The mold they are using or used was past its prime and significant physical blemishes existed around the windows on the driver side. A large portion of the panel rear of that had significant issues with the clear coat. After suggesting we walk the dealer took care of all of it and presumably charged AS back.

Lots of creaks and groans were corrected. We HIGHLY recommend staying on site the first night as after you leave getting on the calendar for warranty work is 30 days out at our dealer here in FL. I've written AS of that and indicated I expect warranty adjusted according.

We've put 1800 miles on it since then and its worked well.
wts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
Keep an eye on the fiberglass just above the tail lights on both drivers and passenger sides. This is a known issue of cracking where the rear cap is bonded to the sides.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
​2020 Atlas​
Pullman , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLN View Post
TY. Good to hear. And CONGRATS! I’m guessing it’s pretty cold in Pullman this time of year... what are you doing about winterization? And did you get the solar package? If so, what do you think?

We picked in up already winterized - so we are checking out everything but the water system. We do have solar - still learning how well it works to recharge the batteries. Lots to learn ....
WA_Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
Hello WA_Aistream!
I am the guy in the white 19' 4x4 you met in Boyer.
My wife were at Boyer again last weekend, toasty warm in the below freezing weather. This is our second 19', having a 2019 for less than a year. We don't winterize at all, because there is plenty of opportunity to drive to the Oregon coast in the winter. Never have I had a freezing issue. Never, even in 15 degree weather when we went to Winthrop. We converted to ReLion Low Temp lithiums, that have built in heaters using the charging system voltage to preheat the batteries before charging. Airstream should have used these instead of Battleborns. Though the BB are good Batteries, with the batteries being installed on the exterior, cold temps will kill BB if they are charged below freezing and not disconnected from the charging system. Good luck the the Atlas! Very nice units. We have had some issues with ASANW, so you have to stay on top of them to get things done. Nice people, AS warranty policies suck. 8 months, 4 visits, still a non working awning. Also, they carry very little in the way of parts, therefore multiple trips to get things fixed.
1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:07 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Greensboro , North Carolina
I picked up a 2020 Atlas in late May. Only a few minor problems, and have loved it. We tow a 2020 Jeep Cherokee with no problems. My only advice would be to remember that it's a complex machine and will have a few problems/issues. Every time we've built a new house we've had a 'punch list' for the builder, and the Atlas has more moving parts. Airstream customer service has been very helpful in answering questions and giving advice. Have fun!
Binther is offline   Reply With Quote